Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 82 of 87
Test Subject
#2026 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Uncomfortable Bear
Ive included two snips of error messages if i've done this right, but this still works great! hoping to fix a freezing issue with my game.

"Bad Compression Flag"
Read post # 2075 10th Nov 2015 at 9:56 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2027 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 2:25 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2028 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 10:52 AM
Helps me see if anything is conflicting, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2029 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:00 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
#2030 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 2:59 PM
Default Thank you!
Thank you for this wonderful tool!
Test Subject
#2031 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Anyone who is experiencing a "Bad Compression Flag", needs to check their mod setup if they haven't accidentally installed a Sims 4 mod (CC, Mods) within in their Sims 3 mod setup.

S4 *.packages are a different build from S3 *.packages and will stop Dashboard from working properly. Clicking away these error messages won't do as it will skip a chunk of files you want it to check (even hiding any alarms like conflicts / corrupt files).

Steps:
1. Move all mods from your Documents\EA\Sims 3\Mods\Packages /or/ Overrides folders to a newly created temporary folder on your Desktop, till there is none in your setup
2. Make a new folder on your desktop called Checked
3. Place a batch of mods (10) back in your Mods\Packages /or/ Overrides folder
4. Run Dashboard to scan (File> Scan Folder) Documents\EA\Sims 3\Mods and see if you get any "Bad Compression Flags" if not move the mods to your checked folder on your desktop
5. Repeat 4 with another batch of mods (10) and again and again till you get the "Bad Compression Flags"
6. When you get the bad compression flag, move 5 out of the folder and see if the bad compression flag is still there, if so check each individual mod whats causing it, if not check the other 5, narrow down the culprit this way.

If you are a believer that you haven't gotten a S4 mod in your setup when receiving the Bad Compression Flag, cause you are 100% certain you're doing things right. YOU ARE WRONG. Check your mod setup, make sure it only consist of S3 package files.

This helped so much!! I was having such an issue working out what was crashing my game, turns out it was just a sims 4 hair. That's it!
Test Subject
#2032 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:29 PM
This doesn't work..
Test Subject
#2033 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Anyone who is experiencing a "Bad Compression Flag", needs to check their mod setup if they haven't accidentally installed a Sims 4 mod (CC, Mods) within in their Sims 3 mod setup.

S4 *.packages are a different build from S3 *.packages and will stop Dashboard from working properly. Clicking away these error messages won't do as it will skip a chunk of files you want it to check (even hiding any alarms like conflicts / corrupt files).

Steps:
1. Move all mods from your Documents\EA\Sims 3\Mods\Packages /or/ Overrides folders to a newly created temporary folder on your Desktop, till there is none in your setup
2. Make a new folder on your desktop called Checked
3. Place a batch of mods (10) back in your Mods\Packages /or/ Overrides folder
4. Run Dashboard to scan (File> Scan Folder) Documents\EA\Sims 3\Mods and see if you get any "Bad Compression Flags" if not move the mods to your checked folder on your desktop
5. Repeat 4 with another batch of mods (10) and again and again till you get the "Bad Compression Flags"
6. When you get the bad compression flag, move 5 out of the folder and see if the bad compression flag is still there, if so check each individual mod whats causing it, if not check the other 5, narrow down the culprit this way.

If you are a believer that you haven't gotten a S4 mod in your setup when receiving the Bad Compression Flag, cause you are 100% certain you're doing things right. YOU ARE WRONG. Check your mod setup, make sure it only consist of S3 package files.

DID NOT WORK. I uninstalled my whole game and started over and I still have this issue..
Test Subject
#2034 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kjohnson8915
DID NOT WORK. I uninstalled my whole game and started over and I still have this issue..

Do you own the Sims 4? I moved the mydocuments Sims 4 to the desktop and then the problem went away.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2035 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 4:09 PM
Necessary
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2036 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 4:09 PM
Necessary
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2037 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 2:58 PM
muito bom
Test Subject
#2038 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 4:00 AM
Downloaded the mod and when I try and run it, I get an error stating "Sims3Dashboard has stopped working". Is there anyway to fix this?
Lab Assistant
#2039 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gentlelovely
Downloaded the mod and when I try and run it, I get an error stating "Sims3Dashboard has stopped working". Is there anyway to fix this?

I got the same message when I moved the .exe to another place other than the folder I downloaded it to. Try moving it back to the original downloaded folder and try again.
Lab Assistant
#2040 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:50 PM
Default Question
I scanned the whole game with all expansions and SP's except KPST, Diesel. It says, the DeltaBuild, FullBuild and xy_Data, simcore packages conflicting with eachother, and duplicates. Some of them are corrupt! Can I delete them without the game's corruption?
Test Subject
#2041 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 5:01 AM
I downloaded it, but it didn't work when I opened it
Test Subject
#2042 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 10:19 PM
Can you see what cc you put on a certain sim?
Test Subject
#2043 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 11:00 AM
Default Questions....
I downloaded this mod and non of my CC show up in the program. Is it because I have Windows 10? Should I download that NET.Framework 2.0 on my computer to get them to show up?
Test Subject
#2044 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:15 AM
I have Windows 10 and NET.Framework 3.5 and 4.6 checked on windows features so I'm defiantly not interested in downloading NET. Framework 2.0 because two is enough for my brand new laptop that I'm still learning about. Delphy's Dashboard is the one that needs to be brought up to speed with 2017's current updates as well as the sims 3 newest version. Delphy's result's are not accurate.
Test Subject
#2045 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gentlelovely

Extract everything in the zip file-- I put mine in a folder--then run it.
Field Researcher
#2046 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 8:10 PM
i downloaded it and everything seems fine but I can't seem to get an image up when looking at the items corrupted like you have in the picture. is there something I need to do in "file" so I can see what object is not working?
Test Subject
#2047 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 6:23 AM
didn't work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2048 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:24 PM
Awesome! This fixed my seemingly random framerate dips! And also let me keep the "corrupt" mods by "fixing" them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2049 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:56 AM
You have NO idea how much this tool saved my sims 3 game. Seriously, my game hasn't run this well since it was BRAND NEW, just the base game by itself, and I now have all EP's and SP's. Your tool found several Sims 2 downloads, many corrupt files, duplicates and other bad CC. Fixed it all, and the game runs like a top! I owe you my entire gaming PC for this fix!!!! God bless you! <33 :anime:
Test Subject
#2050 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:11 PM
I saved this to my desktop to it's own folder and ran the exe, I think what may be screwing people up is that this was built pre-sims 4, so it was never meant to handle sims 4 packages and it could bork it if you accidently download one. I accidently downloaded a ton of sims 2 files which made running the program innitally difficult, but god knows the last time I did it, so that may have been what was messing it up. (the sims 4 lag was making me want to burn the family alive in their house, so I thought it might be a good time to revisit the sims 3 :P.)

The dashboard probably needs to be updated by one of the modders for the sims 4, but that programming is a bit beyond me. this also may require the original author's permission, if she's even reachable. (not sure if she ever ok'd it to be tweaked, not all creators let other people update their abandoned mods)

liz
Page 82 of 87