Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 9:32 PM
Default How to break up with someone who moved away
So my sim was in a relationship with Dante Morganthe. I like to play slowly with my sims, where I only age them one day a year, which I choose in the first day of spring and play the seasons to max amount of days. I like for my sims to live real lives, so they get into longterm relationships before marriage and such.

Anyway, she was in a relationship with Dante when story progression moved that household away suddenly without warning. She can only contact Dante by letter. No calls, no texts. He's not in the relationship panel but the game has her still in a committed relationship. There is absolutely no option for her to get into a serious relationship with the new guy, Bill Misfit. He's a roommate at the moment and I can't seem to unlock the option of moving him in as a part of the household. Her involvement with him is giving her a naughty reputation and the option to confess to cheating for Bill. This is frustrating. I don't want to have to move to another town in order to sever ties completely with Dante but it's looking like there is no other choice.

What is there possibly to be done to end her relationship with him? I thought I could get Bill to move in and become playable so he could ask her to break up but I can't even do that!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 9:53 PM
You could use the clean slate reward to get rid of the relationship with Dante.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 10:10 PM
Aw, man, I didn't even think about that. Thank you! You're awesome!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 10:21 PM
You're welcome