Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 10:32 AM
thanx so much Miny this is more then useful!hugs
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 12:07 PM
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 1:09 PM
Where can I find the base model??? ... I need it for work
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 4:46 AM
base body and head obj format files are the InfoCenter

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 11:26 PM
the base model i used is for download under the tutorial rar.
you can use it or you can use the ones that tiggerypum said
Test Subject
#31 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 4:48 PM
My pictures wont show up. :[
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 12:22 AM
Bonita, I'm afraid I have no idea which picture won't show up where. We can't look over your shoulder, you have to describe things in detail - what you did, what worked, what didn't.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 9:08 AM
The web page picture, none of them show up they are blank xs.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 1:34 AM
How do we make alpha-editable accessories? I've downloaded some alpha-editable accessories to open in ms3d and read their group comments but it didn't make any sense. I think there's another way?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#35 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:53 AM
ulkrhsn alpha editable accessories are actually like any alpha editable object. Change the matds and you're good to go.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 10:56 AM
Oh ok thanks so much tigger
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 7:36 PM Last edited by ulkrhsn : 8th Sep 2007 at 7:47 PM.
I've changed my MATD settings..my accessory is alpha editable now but looks weird. It's transparent..
I set stdMatAlphaBlendMode to blend and stdMatAlphaTestEnabled to 0. There are no underweighted bones or something. Could anybody tell me how to fix it please?
Edit: and stdMatUntexturedDiffAlpha is set to 1

(I've no problem about the shape of the mesh, I know it looks weird too but I'll work on it )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 4:56 PM
if don´t remember wrong
i set stdMatAlphaTestEnabled to 1
and don´t modify the stdMatAlphaBlendMode
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 8:07 PM
I think it should be set to 0 but I set it to 1 too.. It didn't work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 10:39 PM
i use the frame part and the set of one of my accesories is the one in the pick

the accesory is the furcollar for Jadis made specially for my lovely friend GrandDuchessEmerald from SS2
the head piece has too an alpha part set as the same mode
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#41 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 12:33 AM
ulkrhsn is that a lined tube or is that a cylinder?

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 2:20 AM
That's a cylinder
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#43 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 2:42 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 10th Sep 2007 at 2:51 AM.
I think the problem is... something we noticed changed with pets.... *goes to look it up*

Check this setting? http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=202520

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 8:18 AM
tiggerypum and mininessie, thanks so much for taking the time to help me. But I can't fix the problem. tiggerypum I don't have Pets or Seasons installed, so I believe the problem should be something else.
I can create an alpha editable plane-(which looks quiet good). But when it comes to cylinders or boxes they look odd in bodyshop.
Anyway, I was trying to make an alpha editable purse. I searched the community If someone ever made one. But couldn't find. Maybe it's impossible
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 12:11 AM
if you want
upload it here and i will check it for you,then if i find the solution
i will tell you
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 6:24 AM Last edited by ulkrhsn : 11th Sep 2007 at 8:55 AM.
You're so kind, thanks so much :lovestruc
Attached files:
File Type: rar  purse.rar (39.4 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:26 AM
i don´t forget ,but have few time to see
wait only a few more please
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:31 PM
well i had tested it
your configuration shows transparent in my pc
i set the "alpha blend mode " to none
and the "alpha test enabled" to 1
in one pc where i have all eps my configuration shows goo in bodyshop
but still transparent in game.

but in the laptop i have the base game only
and works fine with my settings in both bodyshop and game
here i upload my testing file
see if this works on your pc and tell me about please
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  5123c2ea_minin_purse_test.rar (27.8 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 10:40 PM
:lovestruc mininessie I can't thank you enough! Not only for testing my purse, but writing this helpful tutorial! I tested the file you sent me and it works great both in game and in bodyshop. Thank you a million times :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 12:21 AM
i´m happy for you :D
and glad to help
Page 2 of 4