Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#19401 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 8:42 PM
Yeah, the only time I've gotten those weird file names is when installing cc as part of lots. Generally I don't do that, and if I do, because everything is in a folder, it's really easy to see what it is right when it goes in. My whole downloads folder is done like Downloads/Clothes/Fakepeeps or Downloads/defaults/hairs/ja. Everything. The only things that aren't in a subfolder are the scriptorium links, which don't work for me so I don't know why I don't delete them (oh wait, I do, because I use them as a lazy way to find where to manually put scripts because I'm lazy).

I came late to the game so I missed out on all the 'fun' of weirdly named exchange files and all that.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#19402 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 9:54 PM
I don't have any custom stars on my defaults either. I've seen a few downloads where the creator says it will show up starred and deletable, but I didn't end up downloading those particular items anyway. I'm glad they make sure to point it out.

I used to delete CC in Bodyshop and in-game, and I used Delphy's Download Organizer to find the orphans later. I never ran into any major problems, thankfully. Since my reinstall I've been keeping my downloads outside the EA Games folder and organizing them there, then using a sync program to send only the package files to the game's Downloads folder. I still use DDO, but it comes up with false positives sometimes (and in the case of default replacements, always! But I make sure my defaults are labeled clearly anyway so when they come up in orphan scan I ignore them.)
Instructor
#19403 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:43 PM
Why do some creators who make custom hoods refuse to share the sc4 file they used/made? I'm just curious, is all. I'd rather have the sc4 file, but some people refuse and want you to use the hood replace method.
Mad Poster
#19404 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Sunbee : 28th Feb 2015 at 11:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
Why do some creators who make custom hoods refuse to share the sc4 file they used/made? I'm just curious, is all. I'd rather have the sc4 file, but some people refuse and want you to use the hood replace method.

If the creator has Freetime, the SC4 file is not necessarily the same as the hood terrain, because with Freetime you can raise and lower terrain inside the game. So if they give you the SC4 file then you'll be upset that the terrain doesn't look the same . . . and even if they don't have Freetime, it was always possible use placing and bulldozing lots to change the terrain to some extent, particularly to level it near roads.

And now for my question: is it okay to copy-past lot installation files from one teleport folder to another? I have one game folder for challenge neighborhoods and another for my main game that has an age mod, and I want to put 300 or so Plasticbox lots in the both of them . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#19405 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:01 PM
That makes sense, Sunbee, thanks. But I would still rather have the sc4 file, though, even if it's not exactly the same. Not having bridges to islands bothers me and when CC neighborhood deco bridges don't work, I like to edit the sc4 file and add a bridge.

Although I don't know the correct answer to your question, I would just backup and try it.
Link Ninja
#19406 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:21 PM
If I started a thread how do I delete it? I see it's been done before by others. I only see a way to delete individual posts but if others have commented on the thread then I can't delete their posts too can I?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#19407 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:25 PM
If you made the first post, and you delete it, the entire thing goes away. Shouldn't be any different from deleting any other post, just that it's the first one so the entire thread vanishes.

Or I could be wrong and there is a special option hiding somewhere, but I don't think so.
Link Ninja
#19408 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
If you made the first post, and you delete it, the entire thing goes away. Shouldn't be any different from deleting any other post, just that it's the first one so the entire thread vanishes.

Or I could be wrong and there is a special option hiding somewhere, but I don't think so.

Thank you it worked. I didn't realize deleting the first deletes the entire thread.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#19409 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
If I took an in-game photo of my sims, is it at all possible to use that photo for Artist career reward picture frame?

I haven't tried it, but I would presume so in the same way as you can use a custom photo to paint on the easel pre-freetime. Minimise the game when it pauses in between selecting the shot to use and the sim starting to take the photograph and replace Snapshot.bmp with your photograph.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#19410 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 10:14 PM
Hey Jo (or anyone), is this the community time mod you use? Has this ever been updated?
Scholar
#19411 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 10:17 PM
Is it possible to kill a vacation local tourist? I have a couple of tourists I want rid of, due to constant fighting that's occurring from two particular tourists at hotels. So far I've tried:

1. Burning them alive in a room with a toaster oven going up in flames & several plants (floor, hanging, & walls), three times.
2. Having the Cowplant eat them (Already 4 times trying to take the cake, and the Cowplant just sniffing them).

Or is the only way to go into SimPE and increase their relation status with the other parties?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19412 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 10:36 PM
What I would do is use Control this sim (that's a mod on here by Dolphin) so I would click them and make them selectable then place the sim blender and set them as friends. I do most stuff in game, it's easier.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#19413 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
Hey Jo (or anyone), is this the community time mod you use? Has this ever been updated?

I haven't tried this, but it seems really cool for realism / fixing time paradoxes.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19414 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 11:28 PM
@ttowntallyho, yes that's the community time mod that you have probably seen me and iCad and others talking about. It means you do not replay the day. If you get that you would also want community lot sikilling and sleep on community lots. This makes things feel much more realistic, plus you can send your sims to fake hotels (really community lots) and they can sleep there and the time has really passed. Add in Toddler riders and you can also take your toddler along as well. Things to be aware of is pregnant sims can sometimes have a glitch where their needs go down so either leave them at home or watch their bar while you wait for them to return home and use max motives if they have gone down. Second thing is if no one is at home, no one is at home. The flowers wont get watered, the cat wont be fed and any car pool will show up and leave unless you leave out a simlogical stop school bus and car pool sign.

What happens is your family goes to a lot and spends say 9am to 5pm there then you tell them to go home. Normal game play they all arive back home at 9am and have to play the day over at home. With CLT the lot loads but no one is there. The sims will have an away icon, like they do when they go to work or school. The lot will skip to speed three until it hits 5pm which was when they left. At that point it slows back to speed one and your sims arrive home. Just like real life. So be sure to place the sign if a car pool or school bus is due while you are away. make sure to feed any pet well and it also pays to fence in the bin/trash can if your family has enemies because that rubbish will be sitting all those hours and breed roaches.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19415 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:04 AM
I use Community Time too. It was never updated but it works with AL.

I recommend having the Batbox, because occasionally sims can get stuck off lot and it's useful to have a way to bring them immediately back.

I never thought of using the institutional sign, funnily enough, but I don't think I will start doing that because it defeats the point for me. I like that they can miss work due to partying too hard!

If you use the sethour or setday cheat or the function on the LotSyncTimer which does these things, it can mess up the timing of the mod so I don't recommend using them regularly if you want to have this mod in.

I don't know what happens if you try to save while sims are off lot with this; I have never tried it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19416 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:21 AM
I use the sign if I sent them away on holidays/vacation to a community lot; because if you are away on holidays it means you have time off work/school. I use the sign if sims are sick too, it's ridiculous you can't ring up school and say the kids are sick.

I've never had sims be stuck off lot except for one house where I tried Chris hatch's global time clock and it's somehow messed the lot up so they can't go anywhere. Really stupid on my part to not test it in my test hood first. So do not combine his time clock and CLT. Same way that the set hour cheat can mess it up, I forgot about that.

I've saved when I have one or more sims at home and another is at their shop.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19417 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 1:36 AM
Default Is there a doctor in the house?
Is there any easy way to tell if a Sim is sick or not? My Sim David was very tired by early afternoon, although I'm fairly sure he had slept well the night before. (He woke up autonomously about 6:15 a.m., without any pressing needs that might have forced him to get up. There was no other sign of sickness apart from tiredness, but I suppose I might have missed a pop-up. He went to bed for the afternoon, and when he woke up, I just made him lie on his bed and read. There was an option on the Sim Manipulator to cure all Sims in the lot, but I don't know whether that's always there, or if it only appears if a Sim is sick. I thought there might be a sickness tag visible in SimPE, but I can't see anything there. I have the Batbox (FFS lot debugger) too, but I didn't think of using it. I don't know if it has any options for detecting sickness.

P.S. I reloaded the lot and looked at the Batbox, There's an Info option, which shows nothing about sickness, but I wonder if it would say something if he was sick, I think I vaguely remember something of the sort. But, if he's not sick, I wonder how he got tired so quickly.

Is there any well of telling in SimPE if a Sim is sick?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#19418 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 1:59 AM
Some activities will drain energy quicker than others. Perhaps he'd just been very active.
When they're sick, they'll usually sneeze or run for the toilet every once in a while.

As for the simmanipulator, if it's close to the insimenator in setup, the option is there at all times as far as I know.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19419 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 2:10 AM
I think the sim manipulator will have under health an option to heal him, if he is sick.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19420 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 4:44 AM
If a Sim is sick and that sim is active while clicking on the Sim Manipulator under health-cure sickness there will be a "cure me" option. If there are no sick Sims under health cure sickness there will just be everyone on lot or everyone in neighborhood.

Have the Sim you think may be sick active when you click on the Sim Maniplulator to see if you get the option to "cure me."
Field Researcher
#19421 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 6:46 AM
If the active sim is sick, when you click on the batbox, under info there will be "Plague info" If it's not there, the sim is not sick.
Instructor
#19422 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 9:14 AM Last edited by lbsgirl24 : 2nd Mar 2015 at 10:24 AM.
How close relations can pets breed with? I know that siblings aren't fair game but what about cousins? Grandparents? I'm trying to reach a sustainable pet population in one of my hoods and was just wondering how many pets I need to start with to get things going. I know I can always add in strays/adopted pets but I'd rather not.

EDIT: did some quick testing with CAS pets and am posting my findings here in case anyone was wondering. Cousins, aunts, uncles & grandparents are NOT fair game. Second cousins, cousins once removed etc are all fair game though.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Mad Poster
#19423 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 10:52 AM
Thanks everyone, especially Orilon.

It turned out that David wasn't sick. He had had a bit of exercise in the morning -- the sort of exercise that Romance Sims enjoy, with the assistance of a bouquet from Back Alley Sims -- but his housemate Joel continued in the same way all day, while David was sleeping and relaxing in bed, and Joel was still going at 2 the next morning with only an espresso (and a dream date) to keep him going. I've never seen a Sim worn out by 2 p.m. before unless he/she was ill or pregnant. David fell asleep in his lunch! He's a bit more active than Joel, but I wouldn't have thought it would have made that much difference. I'll maybe test that mod when I get the chance, and see just what effect on energy it has.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#19424 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lbsgirl24
How close relations can pets breed with? I know that siblings aren't fair game but what about cousins? Grandparents? I'm trying to reach a sustainable pet population in one of my hoods and was just wondering how many pets I need to start with to get things going. I know I can always add in strays/adopted pets but I'd rather not.

EDIT: did some quick testing with CAS pets and am posting my findings here in case anyone was wondering. Cousins, aunts, uncles & grandparents are NOT fair game. Second cousins, cousins once removed etc are all fair game though.

Which is just plain stuuuupid. Anyone know of a way to force pregnancy with animals (like blender,etc can do with Sims)? Real dogs will breed anything, and show animals are commonly bred to offspring.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Undead Molten Llama
#19425 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:57 AM
I suspect that the pet rules for "romantic" interactions follow the same rules as for human Sims, hence the "no breeding with offspring" thing for pets. I suspect that to change this, you'd need one of the "closer family" romance mods that are out there on adult sites. I don't have one, so I don't know how they work or if they work for pets as well as for human Sims. If they do work for pets, then I suspect the same rules would then apply to your human Sims as well, which you might not want. Something tells me the two rulesets aren't separable. I could be wrong, but that's my suspicion.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 777 of 1000