Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 2:19 PM Last edited by Flipi234 : 31st Oct 2010 at 2:43 PM. Reason: Found Out Something

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Sims 3 Late Night Wall Speakers Debug Help
Hey in the sims 3 night life i wanted to make the wall speakers play my own music, for some reason when u change the music on the speakers it will play the music u choose except for youre own music, ull get the moodlet that says that ure sims listening to the music but u cant hear it no matter how hard ure volume is.

So i went trying it with the Buydebug code
I placed wall speaker, a processor and a little radio.
but when i try to link them (activate ect) it just doesnt work for some reason.....
can anyone explain to me how to set this up because i really want my own music in my bar

EDIT: i found out that the wall speaker doesnt let you hear ure own music anywere, i tried it out at the home of my sims at first the u could hear the music (electro) and u got the moodlet but when u changed to custom u didnt hear anything but the moodlet still appeared.....
anyone an idea how to fix this anoying litlle bug?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 9:48 AM
The Custom music channel has always been wonky and never work right.

Do these mp3s work outside of Sims? In VLC or WMP or iTunes, etc...?

When you placed them in the Custom Music folder, did you remove the pre-existing ones?
You place them in Custom Music folder in Documents or the Programs path?

The readme.txt (via the Start menu) has some notes on MP3s being in a specific format, otherwise they don't work.
You could also try if the MP3s work in a brand new "The Sims 3" user folders, by renaming the current one.
One last resort that I saw work, is that the user created a brand new Windows User Account - shows that something in the user folders were conflicting somehow.

Stereos are also buggy if on EA's default StoryProgression. You need a mod that periodically turns off stereos in Inactive Households - like Twallan's Overwatch or Awesomemod or any other little mods that does this specific task.
You just need to ensure whichever one you chose, do not clash with what mods you already have.

Also, have you ruled out hardware issues by updating audio drivers?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
The Custom music channel has always been wonky and never work right.

Do these mp3s work outside of Sims? In VLC or WMP or iTunes, etc...?

When you placed them in the Custom Music folder, did you remove the pre-existing ones?
You place them in Custom Music folder in Documents or the Programs path?

The readme.txt (via the Start menu) has some notes on MP3s being in a specific format, otherwise they don't work.
You could also try if the MP3s work in a brand new "The Sims 3" user folders, by renaming the current one.
One last resort that I saw work, is that the user created a brand new Windows User Account - shows that something in the user folders were conflicting somehow.

Stereos are also buggy if on EA's default StoryProgression. You need a mod that periodically turns off stereos in Inactive Households - like Twallan's Overwatch or Awesomemod or any other little mods that does this specific task.
You just need to ensure whichever one you chose, do not clash with what mods you already have.

Also, have you ruled out hardware issues by updating audio drivers?

ehhhh my custom music works perfectly in game and out of the sims 3 the only problem is that u wont hear any music from the wall speakers (late night exp) when u change to custom music...
everything works fine except for that
and i dont have any conflicting mods i double checked that and none of them have something to do with music......

and i found another way to have my own custom music all through my own club, i just get a sims with 8 tec skills and let him modify the radio to have speakers in the whole house :D
but that doesnt solve te wall speaker problem.....

btw ill try awsomemod maybe sometimes