Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM
Default Child/Toddler autonomy and the social plug in
I hate to come here and start another thread, but I've hit a problem I can't solve. I can't get kids and toddlers to autonomously use custom socials. There are no autonomy checks anywhere in the code. Despite the fact that it seems clear that the TTAB autonomy check doesn't affect the social plug in, I've edited the box to 0x32. I've used the same plug in to create an autonomous pickpocketing interaction for adults, and they constantly pickpocket other Sims.

https://i.imgur.com/VbOtzD9.png?1

Young sims stuck in an empty room with no other options but this self interaction have avoided doing it for Sim days. But they will do it if I select it from the pie menu.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 4:37 PM
In the sim menu, Index 0xf5 'Debug - Social DL test' which runs the social plug-ins does advertise some social motive to adults only, no other age group.
However I have found that no matter what you advertise if an interaction doesn't actually give sims any benefit they stop doing it autonomously. In some (very adult) interactions I made there is an option to turn off memories and relationship gain to allow it to be very casual, but within an hour or two of turning the option off sims completely stop using them. The advertising doesn't change, just the benefits received. Turning the option back on can take half a day before sims begin to use them again. It's as if sims ignore the advertising and parse the interaction so see the benefit to themselves.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 7:08 PM
Oh, okay, thanks. That other part is good to know, too. I didn't realize that just setting the advertising wouldn't be enough and that you had to follow through and give the gains.