Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 11:06 PM
Price and Technical Requirements of Sims 3?
Does anyone know what the price of the Sims 3 game is gonna be in the US. I've stashed away $100 USD for it, and pray it's not more, as I'm on a fixed income and can't just plug down $300 or some other outrageious amount.

Also, does anyone know the technical guidelines for the Sims 3, such as RAM and processing speed, Vista or XP, etc.?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeverett
Does anyone know what the price of the Sims 3 game is gonna be in the US. I've stashed away $100 USD for it, and pray it's not more, as I'm on a fixed income and can't just plug down $300 or some other outrageious amount.

Also, does anyone know the technical guidelines for the Sims 3, such as RAM and processing speed, Vista or XP, etc.?

I dont know what the guidelines are but ive never heard of any game being over $100 so im pretty sure you will be fine.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 1:54 AM
EA has not officially released any system requirements other than the game requires Microsoft Windows, Keyboard, and a Mouse.

But if your PC is running The Sims 2 with all 8 EPs smoothly, then I expect that would be enough to run The Sims 3 core game reasonably well.
#4 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 11:46 PM
The price is just a guest but right now it's listed as 69.99 for the collectors edition and 59.99 for the regular version.I traded in my xbox 1 and a wireless controller into my local gamestop and they gave me $39 credit toward preorders so I preorded the sims 3 and now I owe $39 less on it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 2:35 PM
What's the difference between the collectors edition and the regular version?

I just saw the $69.95 one on Amazon.com for preorder last night, so I'm assuming that is the collectors edition.

Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
The price is just a guest but right now it's listed as 69.99 for the collectors edition and 59.99 for the regular version.I traded in my xbox 1 and a wireless controller into my local gamestop and they gave me $39 credit toward preorders so I preorded the sims 3 and now I owe $39 less on it.
#6 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 2:52 PM