Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4301 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 11:40 PM
Backrub is already friendly, just more intimate than other friendly interactions. Though the want is almost always only rolled in a romantic context, sims who the game does not allow to have romantic interactions, such as siblings, can give each other backrubs freely, and backrubs on a date will not only not trigger love, if you choose it over a true romantic option - such as flirt - the panel is likely to reroll and nonromantic actions replace all the romantic ones.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#4302 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 1:44 AM
Something to make bird watching more... I dunno, bird-watchy?! Like they can "catalog" the birds that come up in their thought bubbles or something. I really wish they had applied the bug collecting train of thought to the bird watching animations. Would have been nice to flip open a journal/sketchpad, plop down and sketch birds... or like I suggested, just "catalog" your avian finds.

I really wish "Gussy Up" and "Primp" carried a tad more hygiene boost to them. Just to raise hygiene by 25% or roundabouts.
Inventor
#4303 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 2:03 AM
The backrub thing reminds me of something I noticed in Sims 4. Whenever one of my sims got a whim to hug someone, it always showed as romantic. The explanation even instructed you to open the Romantic actions menu to find it, even though it's also available as a Friendly action. It's like when given the option to describe an action, if it can qualify as both Romantic and Friendly, EA has some weird fetish for always going with the Romantic option (hence the backrubs and dance together wants seeming almost exclusively related to romance). At least in Sims 2, sims occasionally get an actual want to hug someone that's not a lover.
Mad Poster
#4304 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I've tested a little bit with it and the temperature setting does carry over from the residential lot my sims just came from, but just for a few seconds and then resets to 0. Thanks for looking into this. Your "Autonomous Ocean Swimming" was one of the mods I was interested in.

Where would that mod be located?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#4305 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 8:44 AM
I'd like to see an "Ask for backrub" option, to satisfy those "Get backrub from ..." and "Give backrub to ... " wants on date-night from/for the uncontrolled Sim.
Mad Poster
#4306 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 11:08 AM
What I'd like to see is a hack that would allow a pixel to invite another to come eat breakfast/supper/whatever at a restaurant, instead of being seated alone. Or even one that would allow them to have a dinner date. "Be seated with companion" would probably be a good idea. Or even multiple people.

It would make outings and dates ever so much better.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#4307 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
What I'd like to see is a hack that would allow a pixel to invite another to come eat breakfast/supper/whatever at a restaurant, instead of being seated alone. Or even one that would allow them to have a dinner date. "Be seated with companion" would probably be a good idea. Or even multiple people.

But isn't that the point of outings and dates? That they get seated with eachother I mean.
Mad Poster
#4308 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 11:50 AM

I don't understand. If you mean your sim is already in restaurant, you can gather a group of sims (just for fun) and let them seat together. You can dismiss you group any time after this and make another group as much as your sim can handle (your sim pays) You can make several dates and outings in row and no hack is needed.
#4309 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:36 PM
I think what Fran might mean is the ability to choose who within that group outing to sit with when it came time. I've had outings at Crpyt O Night where even when group dining my sim is eating alone from the rest because of timing and the random seat choices.
Mad Poster
#4310 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 2:51 PM
Not relevant to Fran's thing, but did you all know that your Sim doesn't have to pay for everyone on an outing? Apparently they order for themselves if your Sim doesn't include them in his/her order, and then pay for it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4311 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 9:26 PM
What I meant was when a pixel goes out with their spouse/friend/whatever, they are not automatically seated at the same booth if it is not a date or official outing.. If a single pixel goes out to eat, they cannot ask another to sit down to join them.

That's what I was in reference to..where (as in real life) you go out to a restaurant, and you see someone you know, and ask them to sit with you. In the game it just doesn't happen.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4312 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 10:45 PM
Sometimes it happens they join without asking....
Example: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...567#post5091567
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4313 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 10:50 PM
That's what I was in reference to..where (as in real life) you go out to a restaurant, and you see someone you know, and ask them to sit with you. In the game it just doesn't happen.

Have your sim go up to the other pixel and ask them to join into a group, then they will sit. Well so long as they say yes, they can decline.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4314 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 12:10 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 10th Oct 2016 at 1:33 AM. Reason: words
I think she means during the actual eating.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4315 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Where would that mod be located?

Autonomous Ocean Swimming
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=583812

Whether they decide to swim in the ocean depends on several factors, including the current outside temperature on the lot. Most of my beaches are public beaches on community lots and the temperature always resets to 0, which means this mod won't work right. If I hack the temperature using the batbox, manipulator, etc., the only options other than 0 are +100 and -100, which result in lots of sims either passing out from heat stroke or turning blue with cold and leaving the lot. It rarely gets that hot or cold on my residential lots and it would be nice for the community lots to be warm or cold without being at extreme temperatures.
Scholar
#4316 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 4:16 AM
I have a fix for the weather (extracted from A&N)
https://app.box.com/s/u0wdx4xh1r1acvkqsag3nf1i77tyf8sm

Real weather at non liveable lots.
When sims travel the main sim is given a weather token which stores the current weather and is applied at the other end if the season quadrants match and the lot is not home (or hotel + home point). Unfortunately the base temperature for the day is not stored in the token so the value defaults to 0. The result is the weather begins identical to the weather where the sim left but the first time the weather is updated which is thirty minutes after arriving the current outdoor temperature will abruptly change to 0 (13°c or 55°f) regardless of season. Worse if the season quadrants don't match, in that case all 0 values are used for weather so the temperature, precipitation, cloud cover etc. are all 0 regardless of season. Weather changes have constraints to prevent the values changing too much too fast so once the weather is wrong for the current season it takes a lot of time, up to a couple of days to get to where it should be.
At hotels there's a bug that can set the wrong season, the 'season for the current quadrant for the current neighbourhood' which is the variable used on the UI is a different variable for the 'current season' which is used to calculate weather, so although the season may look correct it often isn't. I suspect at hotels that are home points the weather controller gets the current season from the sim's real home each time it loads.

Changes:
Hotels that are home points will reset the weather with the correct season on loading, this may cause some change in weather when your sims return from an outing but that is actually a good thing as the time of day will have changed considerably anyway. On lots where the weather token values are used I've set it to apply the current temperature as the daily base temperature, this enables all of the weather values to continue to work. On arrival to lots where the token values are not used, like lots with different season quadrants or where no token exists I've enabled the controller to calculate new weather values based on the current season without any constraints.

Alpine Lots:
Included is a small hanging sculpture (find in General-> Miscellaneous part of the catalogue) that the weather controller will recognise and set the maximum winter temperature below snow threshold. At non liveable lots if the season is winter and this sculpture exists the weather controller will reset the weather to deep snow on loading. This allows us to choose some lots to have alpine winters and others to have normal winters.
just a girl
#4317 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Not relevant to Fran's thing, but did you all know that your Sim doesn't have to pay for everyone on an outing? Apparently they order for themselves if your Sim doesn't include them in his/her order, and then pay for it.

Your post inspired me to play and give this thing a try. Uncontrollable sims did order for themselves, yes, but my sim still had to pay for them. Tried Dina on a date with Morty, then Mary-Sue on an outing with her dad. Both girls paid the bill over 40§, I believe it's two dishes, because even the most expensive one (lobster?) costs 35§ or something like that, and no one ordered it. I wonder what went wrong. Maybe they should be townies in order for this trick to work. Thanks for the tip anyway, it's easier not to order for everyone everytime =)

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Autonomous Ocean Swimming
Whether they decide to swim in the ocean depends on several factors, including the current outside temperature on the lot. Most of my beaches are public beaches on community lots and the temperature always resets to 0, which means this mod won't work right.

It would now, because I've updated it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4318 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I think she means during the actual eating.

They should, during the actual eating. Sometimes sims in a group wander off but mostly like a date the code forces them to come back to the owner of the group.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4319 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
It would now, because I've updated it.

Downloading now, although I may no longer have that issue since I'm also putting Chris Hatch's fix in my game.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4320 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Alpine Lots:
Included is a small hanging sculpture (find in General-> Miscellaneous part of the catalogue) that the weather controller will recognise and set the maximum winter temperature below snow threshold. At non liveable lots if the season is winter and this sculpture exists the weather controller will reset the weather to deep snow on loading. This allows us to choose some lots to have alpine winters and others to have normal winters.

Nice hack and thank you.

I'm wondering now if it's possible to make objects that set other weather. Very sunny would be good for beach lots.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#4321 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 10:30 PM
my want for at-home fixed-priced clothing buying; figured it out awhile ago. cloned base game's clothing racks and cash register; same prices as at community lot.

about a costume category for clothing; if someone figures out how Maxis/EA added Outerwear, some chance of the same steps being able to be applied to new clothing categories.
or a current clothing category could be replaced.
Scholar
#4322 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 10:32 PM
Unfortunately, adding Outerwear probably involved edits to things in the game which we don't have access to.
Mad Poster
#4323 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 5:36 AM
Yeah, I'd imagine it'd require changes to the engine itself, and I doubt EA will ever release the source code.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#4324 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 6:34 AM
Something that allows kids to just KEEP coloring at those activity tables and the picture just goes into their inventory. For that matter, a coloring book would do the same. I would imagine it would even look like the homework book so it could be placed on a table, and the pencil/pen replaced with a crayon.

*sigh* Dreaming.
Mad Poster
#4325 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Yeah, I'd imagine it'd require changes to the engine itself, and I doubt EA will ever release the source code.

I wish they would. They've made it clear they aren't interested in continuing the direction of sims 2, so they should just let us have it. We have talented computer people (I'm not one of them) who could do a lot with the game, and it would be so great. They released the code for the original Sim City when they were done with it.

I guess I just don't understand enough to know why it can't be hacked.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 173 of 577