Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

JDacapo

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 9128 (Who?), Viewed: 524286 times.
Page 177 of 366
Scholar
#4401 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 1:30 AM Last edited by alljoj : 27th Oct 2016 at 8:19 PM.
I know, but in a perfect world, EAxis will release the source code and the game will finally be fixed.

Edit because I would have been bumping: I'd like a mod that introduces a declawing system. Plop the token on the cat and their Scratch need will never go down and they're blocked from scratching.

alljoj doesn't stand for anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#4402 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 3:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
lot loading when moving a household in; I think that is part of the game engine. though I am not entirely sure.
if it is part of the game engine, then no mod could change it.
This is more of a thread about wishes, not a list of hacks that a person expects someone to make.

I'd like to be able to control which diggables were found on which lot. I'd make an active archaeology career with a pit with fossils, an old settlement where Sims could find pottery shards etc.
Alchemist
#4403 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 6:57 PM
I've seen the whole grow up to be a young adult without going to college mod, but what about a birthday mod that has the teen grow up to a young adult and have the choice of moving to college after the party is over if his or her grades are high enough? If the teen's grades weren't high enough, the teen then grows again - into an adult. The cinematic would be the same as the base game grow to adult cinematic. It's kinda cool, and it's something players miss if they don't want the memory of being uneducated.
Mad Poster
#4404 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 3:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alljoj
Edit because I would have been bumping: I'd like a mod that introduces a declawing system. Plop the token on the cat and their Scratch need will never go down and they're blocked from scratching.

No way! Declawing is cruel.
Scholar
#4405 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 3:51 AM
At home, I have cats that came with their front two claws taken out so they could still scratch themselves and such. (They were rescues.) I think it's cruel to remove all four. Anyways, that's off-topic.

Mad Poster
#4406 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 6:54 AM
Would you like your fingers down to your knuckles amputated? No? That's what declawing does.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Scholar
#4407 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 7:39 AM
Bleh.

I just wanted a bit more realism.

Instructor
#4408 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 8:35 AM
I'd like a hack that would make dormies get dressed into everyday clothes as they leave the dorm for lectures/exams - all of my dorms have a hot-tub and the front street looks like the swim-suit parade of a Mr/Ms Sim pageant!
Mad Poster
#4409 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 9:12 AM
A custom object of Crumplebottom's sock thing that lets Sims knit and possibly increase their sewing badges.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Mad Poster
#4410 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A custom object of Crumplebottom's sock thing that lets Sims knit and possibly increase their sewing badges.

Does everything except the sewing badge. http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...-time-required/
Field Researcher
#4411 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 12:09 PM
Has anyone posted about this already: working chemistry lab kit a la TS1? (Funny, TS2 misses several things from TS1, and EAxis brought back(?) a few(maybe) of them into TS3 and TS4...)
#4412 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 2:10 PM
Oh, I'd love a return of the chemistry set. Sans the potion that crashes the game, of course.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
DELETED POST
28th Oct 2016 at 2:46 PM
This message has been deleted by terula8.
Mad Poster
#4413 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 4:18 PM
Thanks for the knitting thing.

I think omglo was looking for something on a lot-to-lot basis; unless you closed the game in-between and swapped in the different Mod Your Dig thingies, which would probably be a pain in the butt.

(I'm afraid this is far less coherent than I intended.)

Top Secret Researcher
#4414 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 11:28 PM
Right, I'd like to be able to have different sorts of dig sites on different lots. So Sims wouldn't regularly be making monumental archaeological discoveries in their backyards.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4415 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 12:12 AM
I would love to understand how it works...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4416 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 10:06 AM
A mod that adds random gem ores to the treasure digging. Like, when you find an ore, you can send it to get cut. Or the mod can include a special gem-cutting crafting station that gives arts and crafts or tinkering enthusiasm. Make Sims 2 more like Sims 2.5, dangit! XD
Scholar
#4417 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 3:52 AM
I'd love a mod of some sort which allows the player to click on those wall-mount speakers and change the song which plays, instead of it randomly cycling through the list.
Theorist
#4418 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 6:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
A mod that adds random gem ores to the treasure digging. Like, when you find an ore, you can send it to get cut. Or the mod can include a special gem-cutting crafting station that gives arts and crafts or tinkering enthusiasm. Make Sims 2 more like Sims 2.5, dangit! XD

Not exactly same but my thought was where all these crafting stations are taking their materials...
Why not to buy stone for toys but dig them up?
Maybe find some ore for blacksmith and robot crafting?
Grow flowers yourself?
Mad Poster
#4419 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 7:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaminna
Not exactly same but my thought was where all these crafting stations are taking their materials...
Why not to buy stone for toys but dig them up?
Maybe find some ore for blacksmith and robot crafting?
Grow flowers yourself?

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240
Top Secret Researcher
#4420 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 2:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
I like the gem cutting idea. They have that in TS3.
#4421 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 11:03 PM
I'd love to see the "Days since move-in" counter from TS1 brought back. I miss the convenience of it. Just one click to see how long it's been!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#4422 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 11:08 PM
And then having it reset because the apartment they're living in glitched and you had to move them out and back in...

I wouldn't mind seeing something along Skyrim's Mod Organizer for TS2. You could set different profiles that have different mods without copying folders in and out. Combine it with Clean Installer, the Hack Conflict Utility, and AGS and it'd be perfect. (Also Bashed Patches - where you could tweak various smaller settings and then just merge them all into one file. That's not MO itself though but Wrye Bash, another modding tool.)

Field Researcher
#4423 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Prah : 4th Nov 2016 at 11:59 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I wouldn't mind seeing something along Skyrim's Mod Organizer for TS2. You could set different profiles that have different mods without copying folders in and out. Combine it with Clean Installer, the Hack Conflict Utility, and AGS and it'd be perfect. (Also Bashed Patches - where you could tweak various smaller settings and then just merge them all into one file. That's not MO itself though but Wrye Bash, another modding tool.)

Ever heard of AnyGameStarter? With that you can have different profiles that have different mods without copying folders in and out.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4424 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:13 PM
Or you can make a second or more sims 2 folders each with their own download folder, that's how I have my modern and my medieval games set up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4425 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:39 PM
Quote:
I'd love to see the "Days since move-in" counter from TS1 brought back. I miss the convenience of it. Just one click to see how long it's been!

That's why I love the Lot Sync Timer-because if you start from Day 0, you have the number of days the family has lived on the lot. Of course when you move someone out, their lot really should be at the day they moved out on.

But that's just a personal quibble.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Page 177 of 366