Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 10:50 PM
Adoption Options?
What do you guys think about Adoption in Thesims3?
Im really hopeing we can get more detailed, like pick a child out of a list.
Maybe even things such as boy, or girl. I always hated in Thesims2 when I would adopt, hopeing to get a boy and end up with a girl. What do you guys think?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 11:00 PM
That would be good. After all, in real life people have some say in which child they adopt - looks, gender etc can all come in to it. As far as I'm aware, people don't just get given random children with no say in the matter! It'd be nice (and useful) to see that reflected in The Sims 3 :-)
#3 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 11:14 PM
It'd be nice if we were able to put kids into the adoption pool without having to have them get taken away by the social worker. And it'd be cool if you still saw them around the town, aging and etc. :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 5:05 AM
I agree with all your ideas. In Pets, we are able to choose which cat or dog we want, so why not with children? Also, I think teens should be included now because they are technically minors and in real life you are able to adopt teens.

We should get a full dialog explaining the details of each Sim we can adopt as well as what they look like. And yes, we should be able to put them up for adoption rather than letting the social worker take it away. What if our Sim is poor and needs a full-time job and cannot afford a babysitter/nanny?
#5 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 5:17 AM
yes! and we should be able to create a bio for all sims in the adoption pool, so we can create those angry, moody teenagers etc
#6 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangerinesplash
yes! and we should be able to create a bio for all sims in the adoption pool, so we can create those angry, moody teenagers etc

OH!!!! That'd be really neat! And if they made some like they made pre-made families with a story background. That'd be just.. Neat!! :D
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:39 PM
Those are great ideas!
As Frankie already stated, I always wondered why we could pick pets but not children.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 4:21 AM
And they should have revamped the adoption process in a later EP of Sims 2. Maybe it could have been introduced in Pets since it would use the idea of how pets are chosen for adoption, and then carried over to all later EP's.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:35 AM
I think I would want adoption not by phone, more realistic, like, children's home.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:40 AM
I hope we could pick who we adopt--sim or pet. But I'd like to adopt more kinds of pets--somewhat like the pets in Unleashed, and maybe more.
Instructor
#11 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 12:39 PM
I would hope that with Sims 3 that there would be pool from which to choose a child/toddler/baby to adopt. I've never really played with the adoption option in the game because you could not choose and the SW just drops some random child on your doorstep. I mean, come on, you can choose a pet from the pool, but since Pets was introduced later maybe the "pool" set up for adoption hadnt been thought of prior to that. I just hope that they make the pool for adoptions in the new game. I always thought it odd you could hand choose your pet, but had no choice when it came to adding a person to your family. (I've read where people had babies in game so they could be taken away and added to the adoption pool, but there is no way to make sure the babies you created for the 'pool' will be the ones given you at adoption time, so what's the point!)
#12 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 12:41 PM
I hate having to go through that process when I have a little cute kid and I want her to go up for adoption (usually for stories) I have to either kill off the parent (sometimes that doesn't even work) or get her really bad grades. *sigh* I wish you could just put your child up for adoption.
Instructor
#13 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zela
I hate having to go through that process when I have a little cute kid and I want her to go up for adoption (usually for stories) I have to either kill off the parent (sometimes that doesn't even work) or get her really bad grades. *sigh* I wish you could just put your child up for adoption.

There is a hack that allows you to do that from Inge Jones at Simlogical.com. Here is the link: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm You need the "Teleporter Plus" for the adoption options. Hope this helps.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 2:48 AM
Yeah, we need an option to give the child up for adoption. And I also want them not to lose ties with their real family in their pedigree.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 12:01 PM
I have to disagree with your. Where I live when you adopt a child, you can not choose how the child looks. You can maybe say if you are okay with an older child or want a toddler or baby but you can't go into a children's home and just pick the most beautiful child. That would be just unfair.

I like my game to be realistic, so I think it should stay the way it is.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 6:02 PM
That's there but here in the U.S. you CAN choose from a list of children from ages 0 to 17. You can go to a local website online and view a list of available adoptable children. But only their first name is revealed, not their last name, for safety purposes. Then it lists some info about them as far as personality and hobbies and any illnesses they may have (if any). I'm sure other countries offer this as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 1:07 AM
I'd also like this - like in the pet adoption we get to see the pets skills/command things why can't we have this in sims?!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 2:23 AM
That would be pretty sweet. I fail to adopt in the sims2 much because I hate not even know if i will get a girl or boy. I def. want to be able to adopt teens as well. These are great ideas.

It would be kind of cool if they had some twins, so you plan to get one child but when you adopt him/her, a dialog pops up saying she/he has a twin or sibling that they would hate to leave, would you like to adopt him/her as well.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 4:14 AM
That would cute. And don't forget triplets, seeing as how we are now getting triplets in the game.
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelbnumber1
It would be kind of cool if they had some twins, so you plan to get one child but when you adopt him/her, a dialog pops up saying she/he has a twin or sibling that they would hate to leave, would you like to adopt him/her as well.

I think this is a fantastic idea - I hope EA are reading this!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 6:48 PM
YES!!! Great idea!That's exactly what we should have in the Sims 3!!!I had adopted a toddler on the sims 2 and I got a BOY!!! :eviltongu I wanted a GIRL sooo much!I hope EA is reading too!!!
#22 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 4:31 AM
Yurp..that's a good idea! I mean, we have a say in which child we adopt. I don't want a kid with Curly hair and yellow eyes- eventhough we can change it, it's still the same..
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 5:08 AM
I really hope so! I adopted today hoping for a black girl but the one I got was albino lol

Quote: Originally posted by frankie
That would cute. And don't forget triplets, seeing as how we are now getting triplets in the game.

Really? I didn't know that :p
Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 5:42 AM
Yes, you can now have triplets via the "fertility treatment" lifetime reward. I'm not sure if this is the only way for triplets, though.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Yes, you can now have triplets via the "fertility treatment" lifetime reward. I'm not sure if this is the only way for triplets, though.

Fianlly ^_^