Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:40 PM Last edited by sandymdh : 13th Mar 2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Changes made as allowed (original post was made before the scores came out).
Round 2 Entry - The Lewis Family

I was going to wait and post it later but need to patch my game... you all know exactly what I mean... :-)
As you can see I wanted to make the fascia of my building look unusual but obviously don't have the luxury of being able to use extra walls, cfe etc so have 'cheated'. The front of the house was made using cc and a fence (the awesims cornice).

Recently purchased by the Lewis family, the Old Railway Hotel is now a luxurious family home.

Built in the Victorian era next to a railway station, this building spent the next 100 years as a hotel. Layton & Lucinda Lewis fell in love with the crumbling old house and took a chance at auction, buying the property cheaply. After some initial structural work and a lot of decorating, their home is now ready for use. The couple were determined to keep the restoration faithful to it's Victorian heritage and spent many a weekend trawling reclamation yards picking up original pieces like radiators. Lucinda particularly prizes the stained glass window in the kitchen which she found on eBay! Their home also displays souvenirs and oddities picked up on their travels.
Entering the original reception of the hotel, the original tile flooring is the main focus. Hidden by a screen, the area now has use as a small study. The central area is now a family room and the lounge has been divided into two areas, one for television and the other for relaxation and use of the open fire.

With 3 teenage daughters, the upper floor layout was perfect for the family, having 4 bedrooms, one with ensuite and the others with their own small dressing rooms. It also boasts a large bathroom.
Lara, the tomboy of the family, has decorated her room to reflect her love of sport.

Leanne's room is a perfect reading space with plenty of shelving and cosy beanbag chairs. There is even a quiet reading area on the landing outside too.

Lorrie's room is a reflection of her love of music, displaying posters and several musical instruments.

The kitchen diner has been designed using the original cabinets and second-hand furnishings found in antiques auctions.

The original gardens were a task to tame as were very overgrown, the 'maze-style' garden especially. It is now a tranquil haven of relaxation.
Upper Floor:
I have shown the gardens on this picture as there are several bedroom close-ups here.

Ground Floor:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:09 PM
Default Gravel Family -Round 2-
Tyler Gravel:

Front, very modern, lots of windows. Made of stone and wood.

Back, swimming pool a few cherry trees. Chairs around pool.

Ground floor, gym, bathroom, kitchen through to living room.

Upper floor. Bedroom, guest room, bathroom, balcony. Tyler has a sleep pod in his room for when has a compition the next day.

Swimming pool

Kitchen and living room.

I uploaded one more photo down (clicl small image at bottom) but I wasn't sure if it was 'erotic' so that's why it is down below It wasn't suppose to be but I don't want to be 'reported to the authorities' :P
Screenshots

My Simblr: Here
Instructor
#78 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 1:18 AM Last edited by aaries16 : 10th Mar 2012 at 7:30 PM. Reason: Updating my entry as stated in post #102 "I will allow people who have already submitted Round 2 entries to change their entry once this time,"
Here is my 2nd Round entry for Tyler Gravel. He's a successful young professional baseball player. In high school and college he also played basketball.
The front of the house

The back of the house

The first floor. Tyler has a huge master suite on the first floor. It has an attached bathroom and an attached hot tub/massage room. After the big games he needs a way to relax, plus the ladies love a hot tub and massage.

Upstairs in the hallway, Tyler displays his trophies. There are 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs. One is used as his gym and the other is the guest bedroom for when his parents visit.

Here is an image of Tyler getting drinks ready for his date

Here is his bedroom.

The upstairs is open to the dining and living room below. Tyler's college jerseys are displayed downstairs between the tv and fireplace.

The gym is equipped with a few workout machines, and plenty of windows to look around the neighborhood.
Instructor
#79 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:11 PM
Default Round One entry - Rain Montenegro
For the first round, we at SimCity Realty present a simple Spanish Colonial-style condo (1BR, 1.5BA; §32,200) for Rain Montenegro, our struggling artist.

Since Rain has professed a fondness for the color green, what better way to start off the motif than to have a house with lovely (and easy-to-maintain!) greenery out front?

Main Floor
Take note of the bright colors and open floor plan on the main level! As you turn right into the condo, you will find a modest-sized living area with doors connecting to the attached sunroom at the back of the house. This "extra" room is in slight disrepair, but the space gets plenty of light and, due to its closed-off setup, is ideal for use as a home office--or an art studio.

As you head left to go up the stairs, you will pass the half bath and the kitchen/dining area, which is equipped with all the basics and plenty of cabinet space. There is also a door for access to the front terrace, which is perfect for festive gatherings or for cloud-gazing and gathering artistic inspiration.

Upper Floor
The upper level of the condo contains a sizeable master bedroom with a small attached bath (shower only--no tub). It is decorated in muted tones of green that create a relaxed atmosphere, perfect for inspiring pleasant dreams!
Field Researcher
#80 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:31 AM
Default Jaguwar|JDCSims entry: Montenegro Studios (round 1)
Quote: Originally posted by wgroome
  • The Montenegro Family - Rain Montenegro is a struggling artist. Her house is filled with art projects in various states of completion, but she wants a studio in her house so she can escape the world and focus on her art. As for the rest of the house, simple, cheap furniture will do, as long as it's bright and colourful. Rain loves the colour green, but can't stand purple.

Rain has found this modest house, which she is leasing with an option to buy, on a small, hilly, cheerful lot on DIY Island (thank you Armiel!). She fell in love with the color and the charm (duh!), but the kicker was the second floor space: lots of east- and south-facing windows AND a large skylight? How could she pass this up? It would make a superb studio! And the walls with less windows would be perfect to display her favorite (or latest) works of art, in an at-home-gallery setting. The house might be small, but that upstairs space is all she really needs.

Main entrance:

Other side, showing that cute little bay extension; the back also has a small patio for her grill and relaxation when it's just too nice to stay indoors:

Second floor layout: all studio (and gallery space), all the time.

First floor layout: 1 br, 1 ba, laundry, living/dining, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom.

Just off the small entrance, the kitchen is easily accessible to the laundry, through arches around which Rain has some of her favorite line drawings displayed.:

A (modest) Living Room:

Bedroom - A touch of whimsy above the headboard adds emphasis to the delicate wallpaper behind the bed.:

2nd floor studio and gallery - From the Artist's perspective... a changing area and seating for models to pose. You can see some of her art on the wall: she uses part of the space as a gallery: Lots of windows AND a skylight provide ample lighting for work nearly any day.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:00 PM
Just as a final reminder, Round 1 will close at 11:59:59 on Wednesday 7th March, according to this clock. The judges have already started scoring the entries we already have, so we hope to get the scores and the feedback to you as soon as possible. The scores will be posted here in the contest thread, but the judges' comments will be PMed to you.

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:14 AM
Is it okay to elevate the roof with a 4-level wall on a two-storey building?

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Field Researcher
#83 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:51 AM
Default Round One: Montenegro
The Montenegro Family - Rain Montenegro is a struggling artist. Her house is filled with art projects in various states of completion, but she wants a studio in her house so she can escape the world and focus on her art. As for the rest of the house, simple, cheap furniture will do, as long as it's bright and colourful. Rain loves the colour green, but can't stand purple.

Given I only just got this one done in time and so only have two weeks for the next... well, I'll try anyway
Apologies for the different sizes. Limits of photobucket upload sizes, I guess.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 11:58 AM
Hencing... roofs should either be made by flooring or using the roof tool(s) only.

Scholar
#85 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:59 PM
First round entry - Lewis family.

Moving to Simville wasn't exactly what Layton and Lucinda Lewis wanted, but their three teenage daughters demanded a room of their own. Each.
Considering the sorry state of sim-economy these days and the exorbitant prices of real estate, they decided on this little town house. It was affordable. When the fuss of the moving settles, they'll hopefully see that both Simville and their new house have their charms.

Unlike their 3-bedroom apartment in Sim City where they used to live, their new house has a siezable backyard, and finally they don't need to worry where, if at all, they'd be able to park their cars!

--1st floor layout--
The entire 1st floor is reserved for daily family life.
Large living room has an enclosed study area, where Leyton placed his laptop, looking forward to the late night gaming sessions he so much loves.
Kitchen and dining take up another large chunk of the 1st floor - ideal for family dinners or even for entertaining guests, should they so desire.
One of the bathrooms is conveniently placed next to the entrance because let's face it, sometimes a Sim's bladder can't wait for a Sim to run to the opposite end of the house before an accident happens.

--2nd floor layout--
Upstairs is reserved for the bedrooms.
Each of their teen drama queens gets one of their own - not big, but comfy enough.
The master bedroom, rather large for a house this small, sports its own enclosed bathroom, a fact that made Lucinda very happy and probably closed the deal on the house.
The girls have to share a bathroom, or use the downstairs one - a fact that made Lucinda both giggle and shudder in anticipation of their future fights over who gets to use it first and for how long. One thing is for sure though: they certainly won't be using hers!

A moment in life of the Lewises #1.
Layton is the chef of the family, and as such he is extremely pleased with his new kitchen. The color scheme is soothing and tranquil - ideal for good ingestion and almost guaranteeing that the family will have some nice meals in here. Unless the girls insist on their unnecessary and never-ending diets.

A moment in life of the Lewises #2
Leanne's room. Shy and quiet as she is, Leanne prefers to spend time on her own, and now she has a space to do it in. She used to share bedroom with Lorrie, who constantly listened to music or huffed rather loudly while dancing. Not anymore!
Leanne stocked her shelves with her favorite books, put up her favorite posters and finally had a place for the TV her father gave her for her birthday. Plus, having a big desk in a room of her own means she'll have a place to write. And Leanne wants to be a writer when she grows up.

A moment in life of the Lewises #3
Lorrie's room might not be big, but it's hers and hers alone. Finally she can listen to music and practice her dancing somewhere where her annoying bookworm of a sister won't yell at her every other second to be quiet! So that's what she did immediately after they moved in - turned the volume up on her stereo and danced.
Until her father called her for breakfast. Doesn't he know that, as a future prima balerina, she needs to watch her calories?! Of course he doesn't. Parents!

A moment in life of the Lewises #4
Lara is very pleased with the new house and the new town they moved to. Not only is her bedroom here bigger - big enough for the new excercise bike her mother gave her for her last birthday - but the house also has a basketball court! Yay! Plenty of wall space in her room for her sport paraphernalia and a bed to crash into after a long day of excercise - Lara never asked for more where her room is concerned.

That's it, guys! This is my first contest and I hope I did everything right.
I've built a house not unlike those I ordinarily use in my hoods - small and not over-stuffed. In fact, Lewises and their new townhouse just moved in my hood and are as of today residents of Simville. I'm looking forward to playing them
Test Subject
#86 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:21 PM
would it be at all possible to have just a day extension on the first round? I literally only just discovered this challenge and I'd love to be a part of it!
Test Subject
#87 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:39 PM
Also a quick (probably very dull) question, where do we download the foundations, or do we just need to create them ourselves on the sims 2?
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jadoreux
would it be at all possible to have just a day extension on the first round? I literally only just discovered this challenge and I'd love to be a part of it!

Same here! I found out about the contest because of this upload (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=470696)

But accordingly to the first post, round one is still open!
Test Subject
#89 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
Same here! I found out about the contest because of this upload (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=470696)

But accordingly to the first post, round one is still open!

Yep, thats exactly how i found it too!

And it closes today, which isn't too bad, I could probably finish something by tonight, although it would be a lot easier just to have an extra day!
Scholar
#90 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:24 PM
I have a question about building requirements. Do we have to build two floors or is it only optional?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:48 PM
Simsica... You don't have to build two floors if you don't want to.

jadoureux & lipe2k (and everyone, I guess).... I will extend the contest by one day. It will now close at 11:59:59 GMT on 8th March. I really can't extend past this because some people are waiting for their Round 1 feedback so they can work on their Round 2 entries.

(An jadoureux, please try not to double post and simply edit your entries if you want to ask another question after you've already submitted your post.)

Field Researcher
#92 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 6:34 PM
First Round - Rain Montenegro

External shot:

Ground Floor (1st Floor for those in America):

The ground floor is spacious and open plan, with a kitchen-dining area to one side.

The living area is separated from the kitchen-diner by a pillar decorated in Rain's favourite colour, of course.

Rain's studio has full length windows for maximum lighting and inspiration. It's rather messy and displays some of her work.

The rest of the ground floor contains a fish tank, a desk with a computer and lots of Rain's art work.

First Floor (2nd in America):

The first floor contains three rooms: Rain's bedroom, a little reading room and a bathroom.

Rain has a table in her bedroom for those late-night ideas which simply can't wait until the morning. The walls display lots of her artwork and also her favourite works by other artists.

This is an overhead shot of the reading room and bathroom. As you might have already guessed, Rain's not very neat, and the stacks of books on the floor reflect that. There are also shelves displaying more of her favourite pieces of artwork.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:43 PM Last edited by lipe2k : 7th Mar 2012 at 9:44 PM. Reason: Corrected tags.
Round 1 - Lipe2k's Entry
Hi, I managed to make the whole thing this afternoon, now I'm in big trouble in college but that's fine

I've chosen The Montenegro Family. In my neighborhood, Rain moved into a very old house, but changed all the interiors to suit her taste and lifestyle. I wanted to create a contrast between outside and inside, and I hope you like it I have a very close friend who is an artist, and her tomboy-clumsy-personality inspired me to create my neighborhood's Rain Montenegro!

Rain's house.

First floor.

Second floor.

Living room.

Dining area.

Open kitchen.

Rain's studio.

Rain's bedroom.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:57 PM
Round 1 - The Montenegro Family

Front view.

Bedroom.

Living room.

Kitchen.

Studio.

The other side of the house.

First floor.

Second floor.
Instructor
#95 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:31 PM
@wgroome - will people who already submitted Round 2 be allowed to make changes once they receive their Round 1 feedback? Otherwise it's not very fair to them. (And thank you for linking the foundation posts on the first page, it was very necessary!)
Test Subject
#96 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 11:33 PM Last edited by Sims40841 : 7th Mar 2012 at 11:58 PM.
i Relay want to join this but im having a hard time finding the pictures i took can i get an extension?

*edit* never mind i just saw the earlier post about the extension
Alchemist
#97 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:41 AM
Default Tyler Gravel's Base Game, No CC Modern
Tyler is doing well in the athletic field but still has a way to go before he can afford the mansion he wants. In the meantime, he's living it up in this 2 bedroom, 2 bath home with pool, jacuzzi, and observation deck.

Tyler will keep in shape by swimming in his backyard pool, working out in his little home gym, and trimming the many hedges around the property.

Although small, the living areas on the first floor are large enough to accommodate visitors, and Tyler has his bedroom and bath conveniently located just steps from the front door and the pool.

When family comes to visit, there is a bedroom with twin beds and bath on the second floor. The bedroom opens on to a sundeck with stairs up to rooftop observation deck.

Tyler hopes to please female visitors with his uncluttered, neutral decor with splashes of bold red.

Go Tyler! Best of luck in your athletic endeavors!
Test Subject
#98 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Sims40841 : 8th Mar 2012 at 3:42 PM.
Round 1
The Lewis Family

House Front

The First Floor

Second Floor

Lara's Room

Lorrie's Room

Leanne's Room

Kitchen/Dinning Room

Living Room

Sorry about the small picture size i dont know how to fix them
Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:56 AM Last edited by Riptide651 : 8th Mar 2012 at 6:57 AM.
Ummm, Sims40841, your pictures arent showing up, try uploading them on imgur.

Also, wgroome, does an overhang count as not creating the foundation correctly or is it a normal broken rule, for which points will be taken off in house in house design? And if it is a normal broken rule, just about how many point will be taken off?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:01 AM
Default Round 1 Lewis Family
I thought it would be interesting to use the most challenging family in round 1. This foundation seemed smaller than the one for round 2. Since I consider myself the queen of the "cracker box" house, this was a fun challenge.

Page 4 of 11