Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 6:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Uncommonly Good Opportunity won't happen?
I'm playing in Monte Vista. My sim is gardening level 10, but I can't get the Uncommonly Good opportunity (to grow cheese plants), even when I force an opportunity with MasterController. I can get other opportunities with MC, but clicking on this one causes a great big NOTHING to happen.

I read that having combined rabbitholes can screw with this opportunity chain, so I plopped down a normal diner and bistro. Still nothing. :'(

My sim already harvested some cheese plants her grandmother grew a long time ago before I even installed ITF. Is this somehow borking it?

What do I do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 7:59 PM
Is this the same household? I was under the impression that some opps can only be done once per household, but could be way off base on this one. Unless or until someone provides a better answer, you might try NRaas DebugEnabler to force the opp instead.

The combo lot issues by the way are resolved with the current version of Overwatch, v122 released a few weeks ago.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 8:35 PM
Thanks, I'll update Overwatch and get rid of those extra things.

Yes, it is the same household.

I'm trying to figure out how to give her the opportunity with Debug Enabler, but I cannot tell if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just not working, same as MC.

EDIT: I've also noticed that if my sims answer their phones, they automatically reject opportunities. x.x Not sure how to keep that from happening other than maybe a no answer phone mod?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 9:38 PM
The general opportunities problem is because of a bug that was introduced by Into The Future. All opportunities for the future have been set to have a much higher chance of being triggered but at the same time they are restricted to the future world. The consequence is that whenever an opportunity call is due chances are that the game selects an opportunity for the future but cannot give it to you because you are not in the future world. They are basically cluttering up the system and it is likely that you won't get any opportunities for weeks.
Nikel posted a fix here at MTS for this problem: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=560635
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 9:48 PM
Thanks, I'll install that mod right now.

I wish I could just destroy ITF opportunities altogether. >.< I hate Emit's random appearances.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 9:05 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 8th Aug 2016 at 11:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Thanks, I'll install that mod right now.

I wish I could just destroy ITF opportunities altogether. >.< I hate Emit's random appearances.
Ha. I'm the same. I even suspect that he destroyed one of my saves by appearing for an opportunity in a family that has never travelled to the future and was stuck on the street in front of my household's home. From that day onwards the save went downhill, I got constant script errors and I had to restart after a few days. He's really the reason why currently I have set my game to suppress all opportunities and assign them manually with MasterController if I want my Sims to have one.

ETA: and re the opportunity, I don't think that it is a once per household one. I think to remember that I had a whole family that was able to plant cheese and steaks. I'd rather think that the game thinks that your Sim has already completed it due to a glitch. I posted a solution in your WCIF thread on the subject.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 3:58 PM
Thanks Don. Sorry to hear about your save. I don't use time travel in my legacy family, so hopefully that does not happen to me.

I deleted the time travel claw dealy as soon as it appeared. I've also used Total Annihilation on Emit more times than I can count. But he just. Keeps. Coming. Back.
Site Helper
#8 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 6:44 PM
I just had Uncommonly Good turn up for a second time in the same household. I thought I had remembered it happening, but now I can confirm it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook