Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 1:41 AM
Default NPCs Appear in SimPE Without Proper EPs
Hi, sorry if this has been posted before, but I just can't find anything about this.

First of all, I don't really know if this is a problem or not and that's what I'd like to find out. I just recently installed SimPE and am trying to create an empty hood. I have all the empty templates and appropriate mods to stop townies and NPCs from regenerating, and for the most part they all work, as in my hood didn't have any character files in SimPE or in My Documents. But when I looked at the Sim Browser under Uneditable, it says it spawned the usually NPCs like the Grim Reaper, Pollination Technician, and Mrs. Crumplebottom, but it also spawned the ideal plantsim and the Stinky Skunk without me even having the EPs for them.

Also, I just remembered that when I looked at some of my other sims in other hoods, it said that they had lycanthropy checked as a trait along with things like their hair color and fitness level. I don't even have Pets, either. I did briefly install it when I reinstalled everything, but then promptly uninstalled it after my game froze when making a pet (my computers hate Pets). Is that just a leftover from having Pets installed or what?

I don't have Seasons or Pets, nor do I have compilation editions of the game. I'm just wondering if this is normal or not, like they're just coded into the files anyway, or are they not supposed to be there and might cause a problem down the line.

TL;DR: The ideal plantsim and Stinky Skunk are showing up in SimPE without me even having the appropriate EPs installed.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 2:48 AM
It is nothing to worry about. For the longest time I didn't have Seasons, Free time, and the Holiday packs installed in my game. Like you when I viewed SimPE they were there. I think that depending on the currant game engine you are using it has some features from other eps in the game and the aren't activated until those eps are installed. If I am wrong someone will correct me.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 2:58 AM
I would also like to know about that lycanthropy thing. I do have Pets installed, but I don't have a single Werewolf in the entire neighborhood, and have born-in-game sims that show lycanthropy as a trait they themselves have in SimPE. What the heck is going on?

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 3:56 PM
I remember hearing about a bug where the Witch Doctor or something could appear on a residential lot if FreeTime and/or Apartment Life was installed, even if Bon Voyage wasn't. Supposedly, installing Bon Voyage and installing the Twikkii Island subhood corrected the problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carmelapple99
It is nothing to worry about. For the longest time I didn't have Seasons, Free time, and the Holiday packs installed in my game. Like you when I viewed SimPE they were there. I think that depending on the currant game engine you are using it has some features from other eps in the game and the aren't activated until those eps are installed. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

Well, that's nice that I at least don't have to worry about that. I just didn't want them appearing anywhere for whatever reason and causing problems. But the lycanthrophy thing just straight up confuses the hell out of me. All of my created sims have it, but none of the pre-made sims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 12:41 AM
I think I just found a solution for the lycanthropy trait! I was just randomly searching through some mods on here and I found tunaisafish's Attraction Traits Fix http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=318327. It says that wearing jewelry or glasses can set the sim as having the lycanthropy trait.