Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2014 at 3:28 PM
Default What in Sims 3 would you have liked to see in Sims 2?
All these Sims 3/Sims 2 discussions seem to be coming up as we lure Sims 3 players back from the dark side. XD Sims 3 isn't 100% bad though. There are definitely a few things I wish we had for Sims 2.

So, what in Sims 3 do you wish that they'd made for Sims 2?

For me:

Ambitions. The reason I actually bought Sims 3. The ability to go to work with your sim was cool and I really wanted to put my Sherlock Holmes sim into the detective career (even if solving gnome napping cases would be totally beneath Holmes).

Horses and the hunting and finding collectibles for cats and dogs.

From Island Paradise. I want to go boating and sailing and I want a proper underwater place for my Mersims.

The create a style tool. Customising clothing made a lot easier.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th May 2014 at 3:46 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 27th May 2014 at 4:23 PM.
Horses - they would've been great for rural 'hoods, wealthier sims and historical games. The dragons (Amaryll, you are fantabulous!) from, ummmm, one of the Store worlds? I would love to play a medieval/fantasy 'hood (if I could be bothered to set it up!) with witches, dragons and dragonkin (a species that I created using plantsims as a base, along with a bunch of custom content to make them look and behave more dragon-like). Collectables - including the small animals/birds/reptiles. Kind of like the insect collecting from FT, but with other species - though it's be a bonus if you could actually see them before they found them, as well - and keep them alive, as pets! Pretty much all of the premium content from the store, as functional items - especially the funfair/amusement park stuff, the glass-blowing station and the ice cream machine. And loads of the stuff from the Premium Content... Entertainment category, like the arcade games (Cowplant Arcade Game - Zx-ta is awesome!), slot machines, the archery stuff and the cows and chickens.

I've never played Island Paradise, as I'd given up on TS3 by then, but the houseboats, other boat-y stuff and diving sound awesome. Would've fitted well into Twikkii Island, as well as in non-subhoods.

Much to love all of the really talented creators who make conversions of stuff (especially functional stuff - I could spend a million years trying to learn how to make some of the stuff I'd seen and I still wouldn't be half as good as some of the creators out there!) from TS3! :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2014 at 3:51 PM
Ooh yeah. I forgot the dragons. I remember the dragons from Sims 1.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2014 at 5:20 PM
Dragons in Sims 3 are from the Store World Dragon Valley. They have different benefits based on their color (green helps with gardening and I can't remember what the others do at the moment.) I also like the archery set that came with Dragon Valley.

I also would like to have the Ghost Hunter Profession from Ambitions. I may be a bit odd, but I've always wanted to put the Curious Brothers in the Ghost Hunter Profession.

I wish the witches in Apartment Life were more like the witches in Sims 3 Supernatural. In Sims 3 you can make a witch from CAS, and they have useful spells like upgrading appliances to be unbreakable.

I've always wanted a combination of World Adventures and Bon Voyage. Sometimes I'm in the mood for the adventures, but sometimes I more want a vacation, but World Adventures really isn't geared towards vacations.

I would like the scuba diving from Island Paradise.

I also want CASt and the ability to put a Sim directly into CAS to change hair, clothes, etc, no need to exit the game and extract.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th May 2014 at 5:24 PM
Going to the hospital to get plastic surgery! Now that would be cool.
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th May 2014 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheShonaMcleod
Going to the hospital to get plastic surgery! Now that would be cool.

Not the same as going to the hospital, but there's a career reward object in the Sims 2 that lets you do that. Technically, you could have a sim purchase a community lot, place the object there and call it a hospital.
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 27th May 2014 at 5:34 PM
Not a thing. Well, nothing that I know about, anyway; I don't know all that much about 3. And I don't want to know. I recently bought a used copy of the base game, thinking I'd play it, give it yet another chance, maybe even get a couple of expansions to see if I'd like it more. Turns out, the game hates my spiffy new video card. So that, to me, was a message from God to just let TS3 go already. And I have no interest in TS4, either, so....I'll be playing 2 until I die, apparently..

That said, I admit that the scuba diving does sound interesting...but I'd probably be over it after doing it a few times.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th May 2014 at 5:36 PM
Original_Sim I do that already! but yeah it's not quite the same...
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th May 2014 at 6:32 PM
Sometimes I miss my CAS sims from Sims3. But that's all. :D
Alchemist
#10 Old 27th May 2014 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeSoleil
Sometimes I miss my CAS sims from Sims3. But that's all. :D

When you find yourself missing the Sims 3 CAS, I want you to picture a big bowl of pudding covered in leather. That should do the trick.
Scholar
#11 Old 27th May 2014 at 8:20 PM
Ive never played s3, bought the bg & a deluxe version bg with supernatural built in, both returned to the store, plastic uncracked.
I have watched a couple videos on YouTube of s3,the only thing that sticks out in my memory that I wished I had in s2 (other than horses) is the fairies. Most if the other stuff I like is just clothing, hair & odd objects that some fabulous s2 creators have already converted.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th May 2014 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Not the same as going to the hospital, but there's a career reward object in the Sims 2 that lets you do that. Technically, you could have a sim purchase a community lot, place the object there and call it a hospital.

i LOVE this idea...do sims use the surgery thing autonomously though? it'd be horrifying if they did
Alchemist
#13 Old 27th May 2014 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadMagFreak
i LOVE this idea...do sims use the surgery thing autonomously though? it'd be horrifying if they did

Fortunately, they don't. You can even use the operating table career reward object and pretend your sims are in med school. And the bio set to make medicine.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MadMagFreak

Haha, The Hills Have Eyes springs to mind Mind you a whole bunch of mutant sims running around would be pretty cool...
Inventor
#15 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:31 AM
The open world and the customizing of the body is really the only thing I can think of.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:48 AM
iCad, the base game is pretty blah except for collecting. The sims are blobs, their Ai is made by monkeys and the genetics-well what genetics?! Really the only interesting thing there is collecting and being an author, those would be worth porting over. Other interesting things are being a fireman or other self employed in Ambitions or Island paradise and being able to dive. Even so I would not want the sims 3 diving or fireman career to be ported over as they were still handled in a bumbling sims 3 style. Sims 3 had so many great ideas, but the way they were carried out was a huge disappointment. Take horses, great idea, but then you can't go and play a jumping contest, you and your horse disappear into a rabbit hole. Diving, another great idea, but the dive areas in sims 3 are far too small. Bit like the open world, great idea but the execution was terrible-which is why I don't get why people like it and want it in sims 4. The open world is what caused EA to use rabbit holes all over the place, it also caused routing failures and traffic jams so you have a game that constantly freezes. If they port that over to Sims 4 I will want to kill it with fire.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#17 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:50 AM
I have the base game of TS3 and tried it out for a while, but in the end I just couldn't adjust. But the one thing I loved was neighborhood progression and the open neighborhood. In TS2, I tend to only play one family/story at a time and it would be awesome to have the other stories in the neighborhood naturally progress without me having to "rotate" through them. I started playing rotation-style for the first time in a merged Pleasantview/Strangetown and couldn't make it through the second generation.
Scholar
#18 Old 28th May 2014 at 10:14 AM
Horses, horses, horses! I love horses in real life, and I would really love to be able to have all the horse stuff they have in sims 3. I have downloaded as much horse sims 2 stuff as I could find, so my self-sim can have my horses. I tried to re-create my horses who are in heaven (is that weird? I just miss them so much), but there aren't as many breeds or markings as in Sims 3, so I am a bit limited. I have been tempted to get the sims 3 just for all the horse stuff, but the actual sims just look so weird to me.
Alchemist
#19 Old 28th May 2014 at 10:44 AM
With no doubt house boats.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th May 2014 at 11:12 AM
I forgot fairies. I would like them too.

More ghost interactions would also be good in the Sims 2. I don't know that I'd go as far as the Sims 3 does; ghost babies are a little strange, but maybe sims in the Paranormal career could talk to ghosts.

It might seem like a weird thing to want, but I would have liked to be able to steal, like you can in the Sims 3. It would give my criminal sims something naughty to do and they could have a chance of getting caught and going into my sim jail.
Inventor
#21 Old 28th May 2014 at 2:22 PM
Oh I forgot the horses, but not as terribly broken and generally fucked up as they are in TS3.
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
Horses, horses, horses! I love horses in real life, and I would really love to be able to have all the horse stuff they have in sims 3. I have downloaded as much horse sims 2 stuff as I could find, so my self-sim can have my horses. I tried to re-create my horses who are in heaven (is that weird? I just miss them so much), but there aren't as many breeds or markings as in Sims 3, so I am a bit limited. I have been tempted to get the sims 3 just for all the horse stuff, but the actual sims just look so weird to me.

Please don't get TS3 for the horses, they act and walk like the exorcist and tend to get stuck to walls. The bareback-riding animations are the same as the ones with a saddle, children can't ride amongst other disappointments. It's just not worth the money and the time.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 28th May 2014 at 3:56 PM
In addition to the open world, I like how children can be left home alone without a mod preventing the social worker from coming. And I like how kids can go to community lots without an older Sim present, if I remember correctly.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th May 2014 at 7:45 PM
Children can go to community lots without an older Sim present. (Active children have a curfew, but I've seen the map tags for inactive children out and about all hours of the night.)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 29th May 2014 at 3:29 PM
All the new thing/option like traits and jobs could have been made for Sims 2 and I still think EA screwed up when they abandoned Sims 2, there was so much more they could have done with it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#25 Old 30th May 2014 at 5:17 AM
I would like the re-coloring option in TS2, they should of already put it in i think really, it would of been a good combination with the eyedropper tool.
Page 1 of 3