Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 11:02 AM
Default Pets and children on community lots
Does anyone know a way to get pets and children (from other families) to show up on community lots if you haven't visited with a child or pet?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 12:41 PM
As far as I know, it won't happen in normal game play. Although some people have said that they get strays showing up on community lots without having brought a pet to a lot, I've never had that happen in my game.

So, if I want kids on community lots without having brought any or if I want certain kids -- like one of the current family's friends -- to be there, I plop down a Sim Blender and teleport them in. Or, there are other modded objects that will teleport in Sims, too. As far as I recall, owned pets don't show on the Sim Blender's teleport menu (although the strays and wolves do), but maybe they show up with other modded objects?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 1:12 PM
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 1:16 PM
Well, that answers the question as to why I've never had strays on my community lots! I started playing around the time that Freetime came out, so I've pretty much always played with that. Good to know it can be re-enabled, though, for those who want it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 3:55 PM
I have BO's Spawn Objects mod and Simlogical's teleporters, so I usually just spawn the teleporter with BO's mod, force a few child Sims over, and add a bit more flavour to the lot. Very useful for making a park look like an actual park instead of some "No Kids Allowed piece-of-crap-of-a-park" lot. The same can be done to force strays over as well, though I very rarely do this, since my Sims seem to treat strays like they would their toddlers. It's annoying to the point I use the teleporters to remove the strays.

I really don't get why EA didn't make this part of the game. It's absolutely ridiculous if kids only show up when you bring a kid to the lot. That's not how real life works, and that's certainly not how SimUniverse works either....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:29 PM
Thanks for the stray mod link! It's a shame children can only come when teleported. That's annoying. I don't want to choose XD

There are definitely lots that I wouldn't want strays (or children, for that matter) - but then, that's what the visitor controller is for! >_<

Edit: Hmm. I've just seen the mod is made by dickhurt and I've been warned off his mods before. Does anyone use this mod themselves?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:37 PM
I use the mod and haven't had any problems with it yet. I did hear the same thing about dickhurt's mods and have deleted all of his more complicated ones (that require the add on). I just have this one and the flowers ones.