Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 5:10 PM
Default Did you rename Nervous Subject?
Let´s hear it from all Nervous-fans (or enemies): What did you decide his birthname was? Where does his nickname come from and what does it mean to him? Did you even bother?

Strangetown-Nervous
Birthname: unknown/undisclosed
Father: Grim Reaper
Nervous Subject is: How the Beaker´s refered to him, a means to break the kid by denying him a person´s identity
Current Name: Lyle Nigmos
And why? He chose "Lyle" because he liked the sound of it and married Ophelia Nigmos to claim Olive´s wealth

Legacy Nervous
Birthname: Olivander
Father: Grim Reaper (interpreted as Charon the ferryman in this version)
Nervous Subject is: A nickname the other kids in the apartment he grew up in bestowed on him, he hated it and everyone who used it. The Beakers didn´t care, their son was to sort out his own troubles
Current Name: Olivander son of Charon (in the Underworld) or Oliver Becker (in the real world)
And why? He´s in a centuries-long apprenticeship with his father who officially acknowledged him in front of Zeus. Olivander´s agemates are Elders by now, but he is still a Young Adult, so he uses a cover identity in our world.

Story Nervous
Birthname: Killjoy
Father: unknown/undisclosed (but not Grimmie)
Nervous Subject is: Not even used here
Current Name: Kilroy
And why? Loki suffered from his own "creative" naming and wanted to spare the kid the embarassment. He also managed to change the name officially.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 5:20 PM
His mother named him Necros, but his mother also left him alone for the ghosts to look after while she ran to the store, on the day the only social worker in the county happened to get lost on Dead End Road. The social worker let the Beakers have him as he was obviously schizophrenic, the county had no resources for such a child, and the Beakers, well-respected scientists at the military base, had an experimental treatment program. The Beakers nicknamed him "Nervous Subject" and hid his parentage from him. When he grew up and reconnected with his mother, he resented her a lot for living so close and never checking on him. They reconciled primarily because she was so old and clearly needed someone to look after her. He refused to answer to Necros, though, and remains "Nervous" because that's what he's used to; but he did take his legal last name of "Specter" in order to simplify the paperwork when he inherited.

The alien hybrid clone I made of him for Drama Acres is named Nemo LeStrange. Nemo because it means "no one" and suited him; LeStrange because his cover story when he and the other clones escaped from the mysteriously burned-down lab, stowed away in the baggage compartment of a bus, and set up in an abandoned warehouse in the town where they got kicked out, was: "Just keep saying we come from France!"

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:23 PM
I'm amazed about people's creativity!

I love Nervous... but never ever thought about giving him another name. Despite being obvious that he once had a different one, as Olive's child.
Yep, I'm so unimaginative sometimes ^^;
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:28 PM
I believe that Olive neglected Nervous so much that did not care enough to give him a proper name.
So nameless he came to the Beakers and they just called him Nervous Subject for scientific purposes.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 11:31 PM
Since he's not the child of any of Olive's many husbands, I went with her maiden name for his last name: Muenda, and based his first name off of his mother's. So he's Olivier Muenda.
Nervous Subject came from the Beakers. I'm not sure if they ever knew his name, getting him as a young toddler, however they did it: his name isn't one that's toddler-pronunciation friendly. Obviously not through the game's adoption mechanism, as he doesn't recognize them as family at all. Certainly, while Olive might believe a social worker took him, the fact that his family ties to her and Ophelia are intact indicate that it wasn't a real social worker.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 1:57 PM
Never, I quite like his name, appearance and background, he's a fascinating character
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 5:23 PM
He's just had a daughter in my hood (self-pollinated clone) and he's living with his cousin Ophelia who rescued him when she graduated. He's had a haircut so I had thought about changing his name but haven't thought of one yet. I think maybe he's not quite ready.
Theorist
#8 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:30 PM
Don't laugh... In my Strangetown his name is "His Majesty"

He became a zombie plague carrier (zombie mod) and the majesty part refers to him being both a progenitor and an unofficial king of zombies. With the fight club mode, since he is stronger than any of other zombies and has more fighting experience than anyone, meeting him pretty much guarantees that any sim is going to be turned into a zombie.

Loki and Circe Beaker turned him into a zombie, btw. And then hastily left Strangetown after realizing he was contagious, to avoid persecution.