Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 6:58 AM
Default default replacements you use
this thread is for my curiosity, but also to help people find content and help to decide which default skins/eyes/other things to use. there's a lot of variety, sometimes it's hard to choose or you can end up switching between different things. i'm looking for default dish replacements at the moment, and want to see what other people use/recommend.

default replacements are my second favorite custom content, mods are the first.

this is what i'm using:

skin: buffy's skintone default 4 edited (i found this on someones tumblr. the creator of buffy skintones deleted all her content)
eyes: simlicious radiant eyes with custom teeth:
http://www.simlicious.com/downloads...h-custom-teeth/
purple icecream truck replacement by mspoodle
green taxi replacement by mspoodle
lighthouse HD
portable easels
default university graffiti
eyeshadow alpha fix
slu sims 3 default brows

i recommend all of these! you can post all of your replacements or just your skin/eyes/etc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 7:48 AM
I actually don't use many default replacements.
I use this lighting mod by BurntWaffles
And this skin by Simtzu
I use these eye contacts like default replacements and put them on every sim, but they do not come as a default replacement.
I guess I'm not much of a "purge all EAxis creations!!" simmer , though if my computer could handle it I get the feeling I might be.

Scarlett. 15. Sims obsessed. Mermaid at heart.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 8:15 AM
well, i don't have /that/ many defaults do i? i also use a lighting mod by ddfinder i think his name is. from mts.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:11 AM
oh boy where do I begin:

aminovas' ice cream truck, lavender, university graffiti replacement (rpm)
neuroticrobot's painting rpm (if you're keen on a bit of homoeroticism get napoleonfrost's instead)
brnwaffles' fresh cut day lighting rpm w ponawea water
traelia's cat eyes rpm
skin: Noodle's Apple Cider Vinegar Default v2
tons of clothes rpm by i-like-teh-sims to remove the icky shine on clothes and also unsightly necklaces
cyo's face overlay rpm (this removes the weird black lines around the eyes when using CC eyes & the weird lips shadow)
buhudain's YOU ARE REAL skin normal map overlay
OnePracticalGhost's supernatural tree rpm to make them let blue (i honestly didn't know i need this until i see it )
eyes by brntwaffles to but i can't remember which one
there are probably more tiny things but at the moment i can't remember

I might need psychiatric help.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:16 AM
i tried one of aminovas' rextextures of the icecream truck and it didn't work for me hm
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:25 AM
I use various ones but one that's been a life saver, or at least it's allowed me to turn winter back on, is Cyberbob's cursors for visually impaired simmers. As long as I have my glasses on my vision is 20/20 but for the life of me I couldn't see the original cursor if was overtop of snow, it would blend right in. Cyberbob's cursors fixed that.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
this thread is for my curiosity, but also to help people find content and help to decide which default skins/eyes/other things to use. there's a lot of variety, sometimes it's hard to choose or you can end up switching between different things. i'm looking for default dish replacements at the moment, and want to see what other people use/recommend.

default replacements are my second favorite custom content, mods are the first.

Can never have too many defaults

Weather and Star field from BrntWaffles
Cable Car replacement for the empty taxis by Bloom
Texture replacement for the shrubbery fence by daluved1
Wall fixes by Buckley
Spiced cider skin by neuroticrobotic
You are real skin overlay by buhudain
Facial hair by robokitty
No shiny clothes from i-like-teh-sims
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:32 AM
i tried one of aminovas' rextextures of the icecream truck and it didn't work for me hm

That's unfortunate, they really look much better and less cartoony. Have you tried deleting your compositorcache?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:19 AM
i'll try again.. i'm going to put it in the overrides folder to give it priority over my other mods.

Quote: Originally posted by dreamfoil
Can never have too many defaults

Weather and Star field from BrntWaffles
Cable Car replacement for the empty taxis by Bloom
Texture replacement for the shrubbery fence by daluved1
Wall fixes by Buckley
Spiced cider skin by neuroticrobotic
Facial hair by robokitty
No shiny clothes from i-like-teh-sims

i'm curious about the 'no shiny clothes' one, i haven't heard of it. how does it change the clothes? could you post pictures?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:50 AM
Where do I start lol....

Facial hair by robokitty
Cmar's default......EVERYTHING
Oh My Eye's... I can't part with them, I've tried so many other eyes, but these are the most realistic and the BOMB...
SLU eyebrow replacements
No default skins, but I have like 12 non defaults in my game, I like what they do with genetics
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 6:00 AM
eyes: simlicious radiant eyes with custom teeth:

It is too damn late where I am I read this and was like "WHY DO YOUR EYES HAVE TEETH"

I've got pretty much all of ladyfrontbum's skins, and I use Oh My Tiffany default eyes, and I think that's it when it comes to replacements. I might swap a few things out, though. I especially love the eyeteeth up there, very pretty!

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 6:32 AM
hahaha, i mean it's an eye replacement with a custom teeth overlay included.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#13 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 7:21 AM
I think the only default I use on sims is Bloombase's Sexy Feet and Buhudain's You Are Real. I never did get behind default skins or eyes, because it makes all of my sims look too similar. When I play a town for the long-term, my main family is usually related to half the sims in town by blood or marriage anyway. The last thing I want is for them all to look like clones of each other as well, that would just inspire me to go get the flamethrower.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 11:24 AM
Well, since you said you were looking for dish replacements, there are these by ganguro. I use the Petite Fleur one myself. Otherwise, searching for dinnerware in the downloads section gives a few results.

Besides that, I only use default replacements for skin and eyes.

Weak skin by Ephemera
Miss L eyes by Breyete
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 5:22 PM
I go for a slightly more cartoony look. I used to try to make them realistic, but found it went to uncanny valley with the animations, and I fell for Minghamsmiths style (The Scumthorpe Files )
I haven't yet grasped how to create the horrors that he makes yet, though!
The default replacements I use are
Kittyklan's Default faces
Desaturated Colours by Analect
Eyes by Aikea Guinea

I used to use and also love Aikea Guineas Skintones , but I found that they made it more difficult to produce Sims with softer features.

For pets, I have
Christys Default Dog Eyes by Corapntr
Cmomoney's Cat Eyes
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 6:54 PM
I've tried many skins but the one I like the most would be Pure Skin 3/5 by Pralinesims.
Hard to say what eyes are my favorite but one that comes to mind is Aurora
I also use this default replacement for the base game eyeshadows.
I try not to use too many mods, I don't have any more replacements.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 7:18 PM
Ooh I used to use Aiken genuia's eyes and skin when ts3 first came out. I decided to go with a blue flower dish from ms poodle
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 7:29 PM
I don't even remember, man. I could check and see, but I always cycle through my CC replacements, so it isn't even reliable from month to month.

Using burntwaffles' Cloud Parade default replacement now (for skin), and it's really pretty. I like it as much as the navetsea skins.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 8:01 PM
Ooh I used to use Aiken genuia's eyes and skin when ts3 first came out. I decided to go with a blue flower dish from ms poodle

I think they're some of the most beautiful skins and eyes around
I don't use a dish replacement, but I do have quite a lot of default replacements for objects.
Instructor
#20 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 9:04 PM
The only default replacement I use is the bay window replacement, which adds placement slots to it. I would get replacement eyes/skin, but my sister doesn't like them, pf.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409750
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth
I don't even remember, man. I could check and see, but I always cycle through my CC replacements, so it isn't even reliable from month to month.

Using burntwaffles' Cloud Parade default replacement now (for skin), and it's really pretty. I like it as much as the navetsea skins.

cool, i'll go check it out

Quote: Originally posted by simgrassalidale
I think they're some of the most beautiful skins and eyes around
I don't use a dish replacement, but I do have quite a lot of default replacements for objects.

you can post them if you want!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 9:42 AM
i'm curious about the 'no shiny clothes' one, i haven't heard of it. how does it change the clothes? could you post pictures?

It's actually a lot like the "deco p" command from velocitygrass' no stencil/overlays mod, both removing the specular layer in clothes so that it doesn't reflect light. It's more obvious with darker textures.

I like it because it gives wool or linen textures a more realistic look, and not shiny like everything's made of leather.
Lab Assistant
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 10:50 PM
i pretty much use awesome mod for the no tantrums/fits and other things. i forgot i'm using the nectar mod default replacement glass by icarus, too. i put it in my mods folder, not my defaults folder :p
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:49 AM
I've put a few things in the wrong folders, too, so that's not all of it :p
I'm sure I have some of Aikea Genuia's clothing replacements, too (slimmed down men's clothes)
Page 1 of 2