Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default No Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder in My Documents
I was looking for where to put some of the sim files. somewhere it says to put it under My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

I got no such folders in my Documents, when I installed Sims 3.

I have C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 but nothing was installed (files or folders) in My Documents at all.

So would it create new folders in my documents once I start playing sims 3?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:08 PM
You've got to be looking in the wrong place. There has to be a folder there (you have run the game at least once already, right? it might make the folder upon first game load, not sure). Make sure you're looking under your current Windows user account, too, if you have more than one. Try searching your computer for a folder called "DCCache" - that should be in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 8:52 PM
Mine didn't appear until after I loaded the game and quit twice, if that helps.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 11:53 PM
The problem I had was I tried installing CC before I ever started the game
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:15 PM
Mine says see log for more details. i didnt have the sims 3 folder in the electronic arts folder. i need it does anyone know where i can download it
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:08 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

Did you guys do that basic troubleshooting? It's been stated that you need to start Launcher (or the game) at least once for the User folders to appear. Have you done this?
Once you do step#3 and redo the Mods setup, can cc show up now? Game_Help:GCCTSU3_ModsRedoFrameworkwiki

Please start your own Help thread; and let the dead rest in peace, shall we.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: braaaainssszzzz