Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 10:51 PM
Default Sims 3 Won`t load, black screen, crashing launcher and Valentine`s nightmare:-P
So sorry if I post this one in the wrong section!

Lately I found out that Sims must really be hating me, like big time. So I need some help with the following:

Haven`t been playing for months and when I finally wanted to it crashed every two second and had a number of errors. I ended up reinstalling after so much problems I almost considered throwing my computer out the window from 3. floor. (actually I tried) After reinstalling everything through Origin where I bought the games (this took forever by the way, or 3 days because of insanely slow internet...) I noticed that I forgot to download and install Sims 3 Paradise - A new 3 day waiting time with this speed. and I found a copy at my computer and ended up installing that one to make it abit faster. I tested my game before installing it and it worked perfectly fine. I then added some CC and installed Paradise.

When I hit play the whole thing crashed leaving me no error. I removed my CC, updated my game manually, it loaded, but I couldn`t choose any world to play with - There was no worlds to select from. After trying several times and did something I don`t remember I got the "unofficial game modification" error. Cried a little bit and then googled for an hour finding the Ultimate fix thing following every step there, and now my game won`t load at all. Got no CC, my game is fully updated, and my computer is way over the rec.

Nothing has worked so far, and I deleted some caches after reading about it in here. Launcher also crashes 15 sec after it starts up.

Now I`m totally lost
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 11:01 PM
If your game is updated to the latest game version (1.67, I think), and you don't currently have any CC...

Did you leave in the downloads while installing Paradise? They can interfere with the install, particularly if you've used the framework with the Mods folder. Also remember the Downloads folder with the Sims3pack files.

Patching the game might be a good idea as well.

I usually do a clean install (as in remove everything from the folders with the saved games and all that in it) whenever I add a new EP, because from experience things tend to go wrong otherwise.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Did you recently update your game? It always wants to be fully updated for a new install, so I'm guessing you did.

If you did, make sure all your CC mods and such are updated to the latest game version (1.67, I think). Also make sure they are compatible with Paradise. If you've not made sure everything is updated, it's no wonder your game crashes.

When you install a new game, it's very important to remember to move out downloads first. They can interfere with the install, particularly if you've used the framework.

Yes, so it should be fully updated. So I`m guessing that`s not the problem right now

And I removed all my CC, but this was after installing Paradise and the game wouldn`t work. I did use framework, but could this be the problem now since I removed it all?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 11:14 PM
My bad habit of completely editing posts after posting them... Sorry about that.

If you can't choose a new world to play with, it sounds like a bad install. Did everything work fine while you installed Paradise, or did you get any errors while installing?

And finally a tip - after an install, always do a testrun of the game before adding in CC, so you're sure the CC isn't the problem if the game doesn't want to run.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 3:22 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Discussion - Sims 3 Game Problem
    Remember, as the message said that displayed before you posted your thread...

If you're having any problem, issue, error, or glitch with your game, that's a job for MTS's Help section. There's both articles with common issues as well as Q&A support forums where you can ask questions and get specific help.

Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

Try that first - every step, in order, and don't skip anything! Even if it doesn't say your specific problem, try it anyway, as it's a good starting point to rule out the most common causes of game issues.

If you still have trouble, you can post a new thread in the Help Q&A forums. There's a link to the Help Q&A forums at the top of every FAQ in the Help section. If you do post there, make sure to read and follow the directions that will display before you post there!

Good luck, and happy simming! :)

Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: referred to HELP