Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:21 PM
Default mods you miss from ts2?
forgive my mistake if there's already a thread out there like this, but i really want to know what you guys miss from ts2, like pescado's and squinges mods. there was a squinge mod recreated (by nona i think) which is the breastfeeding mod. so if you know where any recreations are please share..

these are some thing's i miss, both are part of the 'gross' aspect of the game

'yellow pee'
'realistic looking vomit'

those are all i can think of right now but i'll post again when i think of more.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:28 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:44 PM
that really brings the memories back haha

oh and summer vacation mod. much needed.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 8:38 PM
I had ton's of mods for my sims 2 but one that stands out in my mind was Merola's mind control mirror and there was one that was for gardening, I think you had to click on a pair of gardening shears and it would garden your whole lot.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 8:54 PM
I miss Squinge's "hand babies to anyone" mod. Sims shouldn't need to use a crib or the floor just to give a baby to someone.
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 9:51 PM
The baby blanket and cereal bowl~
Could literally just leave toddlers in a room and they'd be set.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 12:55 AM
I didn't ever use mods that were too cheaty like the gardening one.. And ts3 took away the ability to hand babies over at all. It was a feature of ts2 and squinge enabled it for everyone.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:08 AM
I miss ACR - complete with the option for Couch Woohoo (HEY, It was quick and easy, okay? Like my Sims. *Burn!*). I use Twallan's but it's not the same, y'know?

What I miss the MOST though would have to be that mod that let you climb on to a bed that was against the wall. I wish that was back for TS3.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:15 AM
do you use woohooer or something, MrsNervousSubject? i'm not using anything for casual romance right now

the bed mod was made by inge, if i remember right and i wish it was recreated for ts3 sometimes when i have a small room that needs a double bed lol
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:29 AM
I miss "change outfit doors" mod. This mod turned all doors (either that or gave a few doors) that players can set what outfits to change into (even Naked). And fence up a community lot to make sims go through these doors to get in. Voila... you can set required attire for any lot you want. Invisible fence works even better on this.

So I could build beach theme lot (swimsuit), formal dance hall, slumber party (sleepwear only) .... or even nude beach. They only thing I didn't like about nude beach was there was no real censorship. A child can walk though and became naked and they went on their business as if they were clothed. So that was a bit awkward.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:03 AM
@Christmas Fear - Yeah, I do use Woohooer for my Casual Romances - that and the Romance Recombobulator (or whatever <.<) from this site - although the latter is more so to stop my sims from randomly accusing each other of cheating even though they weren't technically in a relationship.

@Tomomi - Isn't there a mod for TS3 that lets you do that? It's not a door, but it is a sign that allows for the same function. I'm terrible with names, so I have no idea who made it at the moment - I'm sure someone here will, though.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:38 AM
Not a mod, but I am really missing "Collection Creator" right now. It would allow you do make cc collections outside the game so you don't have to remember which 30 items it was that was included in a set like, say, ATS Pizzaria.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:21 PM
I miss the mod that allowed toddlers to walk up and down the stairs. In the Sims 3, they just sit there and block the stairs.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
What I miss the MOST though would have to be that mod that let you climb on to a bed that was against the wall. I wish that was back for TS3.

Man, I didn't know this mod existed. If I knew I would have gotten it
I hated, and still do hate that sims can't climb to the wall side of the bed. I mean how hard can it be?
Bleh, who knows, maybe smart sims can do it.

Many of the mods that I found crucial in TS2 no longer are valid issues in TS3. Like the mod that enabled using the corner counter. How can anybody go on simming without this is a mystery to me but it's one of those things that TS3 base game made obsolete. Also, community time mod. That was such an OMG moment to have the time your sim spent outside their house to count in the timeline of the game. But again, obsolete in TS3. The only mod that I remember using quite a lot was the check book. You could write a check and send it to a sim and it would be in their inventory the next time you played their house. That was really nice and would find it useful in my game even now.