Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Kingdom of Niua Simoa - World and Population (base game compatible)

by kiwi_tea Posted 28th Jan 2010 at 12:30 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2010 at 10:25 PM by kiwi_tea

409 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 375 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 17
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 9:00 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 28th Jan 2010 at 6:59 PM.
Default Palefau
Palefau Family

Anasi is a kuia, a respected matriarch who holds quite an elevated status in the community. She is very proud of her grandchildren, particularly her grandsons. Old-fashioned, she expects her grand-daughters to cook and clean rather than study and work out.

Anasi Palefau
Traits: Ambitious/Angler/Athletic/Bookworm/Can't Stand Art
LTW: Presenting The Perfect Private Aquarium
Screenshots
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:59 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 28th Jan 2010 at 11:28 AM.
Default Chin
Chin Family

Mae and Tim are Chinese migrants who predict big things for this subtropical paradise. Well... ...potential paradise. Will they be able to ride a growing wave of tourism?

Mae Chin
Traits: Coward/Excitable/Flirty/Frugal/Lucky
LTW: Swimming In Cash

Tim Chin
Traits: Technophobe/Athletic/Neurotic/Charismatic/Schmoozer
LTW: Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers
Screenshots
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 1:19 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 28th Jan 2010 at 12:35 PM.
Default Mau
Mau Family

The Mau family is huge, and it just keeps growing. Marie-France Mau fell in love with the troublesome Josefa Ote Ika, and now she seems to regret it. She was so ashamed of marrying into his family that she convinced him to adopt her surname.

Marie-France Mau
Traits: Artistic/Bookworm/Good Sense Of Humour/Green Thumb/Loves The Outdoors
LTW: Grow The Perfect Garden

Josefa Mau
Traits: Angler/Brave/Childish/Hot Headed/Inappropriate
LTW: Super Popular

Berthe Mau
Traits: Couch Potato/Genius/Hopeless Romatic/Schmoozer
LTW: Not Set

Claudine Mau
Traits: Evil/Flirty/Grumpy/Neat

Remy Mau
Traits: Artistic/Loser/Mooch

Victor Mau
Traits: Frugal/Hates The Outdoors/Workaholic
Screenshots
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 12:35 PM
Default Sevele
Eek! I missed a family in the initial upload. Meet the Seveles:

Sevele

Honare Sevele has travelled a lot during his rugby career. He met his wife Anju, an Indian woman who is very into dodgy alternative medicine, at a cricket game in Sri Lanka.

Anju Sevele
Traits: Friendly/Great Kisser/Loves The Outdoors/Lucky/Workaholic
LTW: Renaissance Sim

Honare Sevele
Traits: Athletic/Good Sense Of Humour/Hopeless Romantic/Perfectionist
LTW: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body

Ama Sevele
Traits: Hot Headed/Handy/Green Thumb/Daredevil

Vimal Sevele
Traits: Good/Family Orientated/Coward
Screenshots

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#30 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 12:44 PM
(again ) WOW! so nice.... thank you very much for these great upload!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 12:48 PM
Nice Town

Thanks
Stupid people are stupid
#32 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:00 PM
I can't believe this. It looks awesome. Too bad i can't test it until next weekend due to way too much work
But thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:04 PM
This is so great, and it's finally available to download
thanks a lot

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Instructor
#34 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:21 PM
AHHH!!!! IM SOOOO glad that this is finally up! You defnitely deserve the pick after all your hard work Kiwi! Congratulations on your first upload! Soon enough, my game will be filled with your worlds, haha!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:41 PM
Thanks guys. I'd love the hear how people end up playing this world, it's feedback that will help me with future ones. Don't hesitate to offer constructive criticism, or even voice ideas/requests for future projects (I don't guarantee I'll pick them up, though).

Most of all, enjoy the upload!

Also, feedback on the sims and how you warp and change them is welcome too. They're all individuals to me, so it'd be fun to see how people treat them once they own them! :P

Captain Louie
retired moderator
#36 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:52 PM
So glad it is up! It is honestly, breathtaking, Kiwi! Awesome, awesome, AWESOME job. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to reattach my jaw :P

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:49 PM
This looks wonderful, I'm definitely gonna test it as soon as I've got the time to do so. Could you maybe create a "namefile" fitting this world, too? It would be great when also the population's descendants were named by their parents fitting the culture instead of having basegame names.
Instructor
#38 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:56 PM
Uhh, hi Kiwi. Just some feedback. When you say basegame, is it actually basegame? The reason I ask this is because the download tab says it requires only the game, no patches or such. I am patched up to 1.7 and really dont want to patch up to 1.8 for all the graphical glitches it causes my games. When i tried to install this via the browser, It says I need to patch my game to continue. Can you clarify this please, I would really love to use your world!

Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:58 PM
@ Fawkes
Quote: Originally posted by Fawkes
Uhh, hi Kiwi. Just some feedback. When you say basegame, is it actually basegame? The reason I ask this is because the download tab says it requires only the game, no patches or such. I am patched up to 1.7 and really dont want to patch up to 1.8 for all the graphical glitches it causes my games. When i tried to install this via the browser, It says I need to patch my game to continue. Can you clarify this please, I would really love to use your world!

As it was made with the game fully patched, I assume it must need the latest patches, I'm afraid. The game seems pretty stable for me on 1.8. What sort of glitches does it cause you?

I think there are only tabs to specify the game and EP, not patches. I'll add a disclaimer to the initial post. Sorry Fawkes!

@ Tzerha - I'll look into whether I can make a name file for the sims bred here. I'm not sure how to go about it, so if anyone can point me to some resources, that'd be swell.

Instructor
#40 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:02 PM
Its okay! I jsut really wanted to use this world.

It causes these sort of glitches. EVERYWHERE except CAS:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=387399

I beleive that its because patch 1.8 affects the graphics used somehow. I think Im a few GHz too few.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:18 PM Last edited by lion : 28th Jan 2010 at 2:33 PM.
Is anybody able to install it? I couldn't.

But my game version IS up to date: 2.3.33, with WA.

[Edit] Just to add, I'm able to install many other worlds, such as Overlook Bay, Simtopia, Oasis Island, Asherton, etc.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:18 PM
looks really great, good job
Instructor
#43 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:33 PM
I seem to be having the same issue as lion. I messed around with the .simpacks, and finally got it to say it installed, but its nowhere in game? So I uninstalled, changed the location I installed from, made sure I had all the updated patches, shook my computer, and to no avail does it seem to be unpacking. :\
I really hate to be that person, but is there anyway you could upload it in .world form? I've been following this project for awhile, so this annoying bug is quite disheartening. But that seems to be the only thing working for me, the .world files and that may help you out as well, lion. Thanks.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lion
Is anybody able to install it? I couldn't.

But my game version IS up to date: 2.3.33, with WA.

Please let me know if everyone is having lion's problem. It shouldn't be the case, because I installed it onto a fresh load of TS3 base game patched up to 1.8 without any trouble, but if it is, I'll try updating the files.

Mad Poster
#45 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:39 PM
Simply spectacular! :D
Instructor
#46 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:38 PM
I think I might agree with Jay Envy, couldnt a .world form be sort of universal? Therefore it could be available to everyone. Not to sound selfish, but Im sure there are many people that would love to have it but cant. However Its understandable if you cant do it Kiwi!

Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:43 PM
Two words: Just AMAZING!!!!!! Love it ALL!! :D
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:42 PM
Okay, I'll provide the .world file. So long as I'm credited for any use of it, I don't see the harm. Apologies for the complications, guys!

Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:43 PM
absolutely amazing. thank you for not shy away from the 40x40 lots. alot of people do in their worlds. and the island itself is amazing.
Instructor
#50 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:44 PM
Thanks so much Kiwi! This is really great!
Ya know, this could be taken as a suggestion. For all your other worlds that upload ( hopefully more ) You could include .world files for this purpose!!

Page 2 of 17