Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Kingdom of Niua Simoa - World and Population (base game compatible)

by kiwi_tea Posted 28th Jan 2010 at 12:30 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2010 at 10:25 PM by kiwi_tea

409 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 375 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 17
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:38 PM
Thanks for considering it. But you did a marvelous job with the terrain paint and natural decorations. It will be great if you leave them in.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:43 PM
The issue is that the terrain paints read from a directory on my computer. I can share the world, but the terrain paints obviously won't read from the right directory of your computer. You can replace them all individually by editing each layer to point to the right file on your machine, but it hurts the blending quite severely. Frays it, so to speak. Discovered this recently when I did a terrain painting request for another world builder. Very unfortunate. :/

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
but it hurts the blending quite severely.

Even when all the terrain paints are pointed to the right file, albeit in a different directory?
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:52 PM
Yes. It seems it re-lays them all a bit when you edit them, it's much worse if you happen to use a different texture to the original as well. It's not terrible, but it would take some serious brushwork to fix.

Mad Poster
#105 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:58 PM
Just played this for an hour or so and it's fantastic. You've put so much work and care into this and given it so many little authentic details, and I love the volcano! Am pleased to see that it's gone from Picked to Featured since I downloaded it, well done!
Inventor
#106 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:55 PM
This world is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! And congrats for the shiny trophy!! You really deserve it!
Instructor
#107 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:00 PM
AAHHH!!!!!! Lucky you Kiwi! You really deserve the feature!! And on your first uplaod too! Congrats! I know there are many more to come!!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Typical
#108 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:09 PM
Congrats! This is AWESOMESAUCE! /me has caps lock fit
Wooow... I can't get over how AWESOMESAUCE this is... I mean... how am I not supposed to download something so AWESOMESAUCE!?
Thanks for this AWES- great download! (I think I should lay off on the caps, but who cares?).
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#109 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:14 PM
Yessss, I'm sick of Sunset Valley but can't play my Paris before I finish it, so BRILLIANT, can't wait to explore this world!!

And congrats of the getting The Shiny at first shot!
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:17 PM
wow this is amazing!
Instructor
#111 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:18 PM
I'm not going to download (yet - don't have time to play), but I wanted to drop by and leave you a note anyway. I'm very impressed by this upload and I love the background story of both the world and Sims lilving in it. Awesome work, and congrats on the feature!
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:28 PM
Featured! After the work I put in, I'm very glad. Hopefully the WA version I'm working on will the the icing on the cake. SlipSlop would be glad to know the WA version has considerably more secrets to it thanks to the very versatile 'tomb-building' tools.

Thanks all. Hope you're enjoying it!

Banned
#113 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:36 PM
For those being told to patch, YOU HAVE TO PATCH. It is that simple. Having 2.3 does NOT mean you have 1.8. You need to download the proper base game patches, base and WA are patched separately.

Kiwi, I LOVE the families. I am particularly fond of the woman who married the german guy, and the chinese guy who "maybe left something bad behind". Even with all of your thread in the forums there wasn't anything close to an indication of how MASSIVE this project was. We knew of a family or two and a house or two, but damn.

And now I wait in deep pain for the WA version. This place will be perfect for my Tarzan He got on a raft and drifted from the jungles of africa straight over to nua simoa.

(Woops, I think I clicked "Feedback", it should be "thanks")
Test Subject
#114 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:49 PM
This looks amazing! It looks like you put a ton of work into it, and it shows! I'm personally waiting for the WA version, and I can barely wait! :P

It's rare that I'm ever on here anymore, but I'm gonna try. And to make more uploads too, possibly.
Test Subject
#115 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Featured! After the work I put in, I'm very glad. Hopefully the WA version I'm working on will the the icing on the cake. SlipSlop would be glad to know the WA version has considerably more secrets to it thanks to the very versatile 'tomb-building' tools.

Thanks all. Hope you're enjoying it!

This is beautiful. You truly deserve the feature spot for the work you put in on it. How long before that WA version? Not pushing just asking if you have any idea.

What you caught a 25 pound BluGill ! Here come the fish stories.......
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:54 PM
I'm currently in progress with the WA population. All the tombs/secrets/additions are done. It just needs sims to fill it. The families differ somewhat. It's set roughly 10-15 years in the future to these families, so all the teens are young adults, some of the elders are dead, and many of the adults are elders. Even the climate of the island has visibly changed.

Test Subject
#117 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:07 PM
Just one question. Which parts do I need to download? All of them? The neighborhood is 40 Mb!!!! Am I supposed to extract them all? Then what, which one to I click on? Is it the same for the saves? Another question: Are the lots included? Plastic box's I mean.....
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:10 PM
All lots are included in the neighbourhood file, except for the military base, which is just in the Save Game. The instructions for what you need to download and how you can install it are in the Download and Install Instructions at the top and bottom of this page. Just read them thoroughly and you should be fine.

Test Subject
#119 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:15 PM
I already know how to download neighborhoods but have never encountered one with multiple folders (especially of this size). So I'm supposed to download all of them right?
Test Subject
#120 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:20 PM
This looks absolutely amazing! I will definitely be downloading the WA version once it becomes available. Wonderful work on this.
Instructor
#121 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:20 PM
WOW!! This is AWESOME!!! Thanks a lot and congrats on getting featured
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:18 PM
Yep. Download them all to the same folder. Trim the excess numbers of the front of the file name so that they all match (as explained in the install instructions). WinRAR sews the four rar files together, giving you a complete simpack. Same goes for the two files that make up the save game.

Good luck!

Instructor
#123 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 7:21 PM Last edited by Fawkes : 28th Jan 2010 at 7:32 PM.
That actually sounds very intriguing Kiwi!! About the WA version that is. I love the idea of the Future of Niua Simoa. Maybe that could be the title of the WA thread?! *The Future Of Niua Simoa - WA World and Population* Haha Just a thought.

Quote:
For those being told to patch, YOU HAVE TO PATCH. It is that simple. Having 2.3 does NOT mean you have 1.8. You need to download the proper base game patches, base and WA are patched separately.

No you dont necessarily have to Claeric... That's what we will figure out soon enough. The minor issue was over and done with, Kiwi said he may try out the .world idea sometime, therefore it was NOT necessary to revive an issue that had already ended. There was no reason at all.
As plasticbox said in post 67, they did not believe that custom worlds worked before 1.8. We are simply finding if there is a way around that.
So as you so blatantly put it, yet with the proper facts, YOU DO NOT NECESSARILY NEED TO PATCH.

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Forum Resident
#124 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:08 PM Last edited by NekoCat : 28th Jan 2010 at 11:43 PM.
Installed and running great! I just spent an hour setting up my sims in their new tropical hideout and it saves, runs and loads the way its supposed to. I thought I would miss the WA content, but it looks just fine without it.
Anyway, time to get back to playing!

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Instructor
#125 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:12 PM
just installing the world file into My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds should work since i did the same thing to Coconut Island @ maty when someone was nice enough to upload the world file for people that dont an wont update to the latest patch an the world worked perfectly (with flaws in world that creator is already fixing for next version of course lol)

an kiwi maybe you can upload the world file to mediafire or something then mts wont have host both large files of the same world? *just a thought*

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Page 5 of 17