Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.7 TS3 Tools v3.02 updated 5-2-14

by cmomoney Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd May 2014 at 4:08 PM by cmomoney

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Inventor
#176 Old 2nd May 2014 at 1:31 PM
I downloaded the latest version of this plugin v3.02, MLOD s3m2b wrapper and Blender 3D v2.7, but I am getting the "AttributeError: Calling operator ''bpy.ops.mesh.select_loose_verts' error, could not be found".

I tested the plugin with mlod:ToiletCheap, MagicGnome, GardenGnome.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#177 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:10 PM
Yeah... um... don't know how it happened but uploaded the wrong one I guess. Try downloading again now.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Inventor
#178 Old 2nd May 2014 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Yeah... um... don't know how it happened but uploaded the wrong one I guess. Try downloading again now.

Thank you very much!! now it's working.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 2nd May 2014 at 9:20 PM
Thank you very much for the update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 3rd May 2014 at 4:07 PM
Thank you! I am excited to try and mesh something in Blender 2.7 :D
THANKS POST
#181 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 2:11 AM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 12:27 AM
Hey cmo! First of all thanks for these Blender tools, you are amazing! Now into my particular problem: I'm trying to export a mesh I already edited, but I keep getting the same error message when trying to export:

The mesh has two parts of which one I just edited the position of elements, so that one exports fine; the other one I added faces, but everything seems to be fine and I even tried deleting the new faces I added and I get the exact same message. I'm new to this, sort of, so maybe I'm doing something wrong or something I'm not supposed to do. :P

Thanks in advance for your help!

BRAINSTRIP | The media lab.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#183 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 2:48 AM
@faprod It looks like maybe you didn't unwrap the faces you added. Its hard to say without looking at it. What was the original object?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
@faprod It looks like maybe you didn't unwrap the faces you added. Its hard to say without looking at it. What was the original object?

Oh but I did unwrap it, I arranged the UVs and checked it wasn't that (by deleting the new faces I added it shouldn't give an error). I was editing an already edited mesh of the river side walls that came with World Adventures (I cloned it).
I have the .blend file if you wanna take a look. That kind of error has to do with UV unwrapping?

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#185 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 12:56 PM
You can post the blend. The error is stating that there's something wrong with the second UV map.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:01 PM
Alright, here I upload the .blend file. Thank you for your time!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Border wall.rar (247.8 KB, 10 downloads)

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#187 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:37 PM
Do you mind posting the package you cloned as well?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 12:53 AM
Here you go! I put the original I cloned and the cloned one (I changed the the upper part texture, so I had to re-arrange the UVs for that).
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Border wall.rar (1.53 MB, 5 downloads)

Test Subject
#189 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:37 AM
Default Creating trees and boulders/rocks
Hy CMO, First of I want to thank you for the add-ons, this will make creating sims 3 objects a lot easier. I just want to know, is it possible to create trees and boulders for CAW and sims 3? I'm a newbe at meshing and stuff and since Blender is the easiest 3D program for me to use I realy hope this is possible. And will I be able to view poly count, faces etc. with Blender or do I need another program to do that? I am creating a long wanted custom world which has sort of a coastal city theme, but I lack some objects: variety of trees such as palm trees and large rocks. I don't really find anything downloadable that is decent looking, the only things I found was palm trees from luna sims which I had to enable for CAW. Also I would love to make custom coral for dive lots and reefs. I would deeply appreciate it if you could guide me a little on this. I know some people use speedtree, but I would try speedtree if I don't have the ability to create the above in Blender. Thanks CMO
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#190 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:56 PM
You can create trees, however, they would have to be deco objects. Actual trees must be created in speedtree. You can make rocks,/reefs, though. Blender does show the poly count, faces, etc.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#191 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:30 PM
Thanx CMO, Going to try speedtree then instead.
Test Subject
#192 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:48 AM
I am having a lot of trouble getting the whole thing to export. I am tweaking the ITF Distant Terrain, both mesh-wise (MODL) and texture-wise. The number of faces should not have changed as I only used the sculpting tools in Blender (2.71). Exporting only brings about the same error as in #189, index out of range. I am new to this and I couldn't find an answer to my problem anywhere. MLOD exports, but that won't help as it won't show up in the DT when placed in CAW.
Test Subject
#193 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 10:34 PM
Default Can't get it to work
Hello

I have tried installing Your plugin for Blender, but no matter what I do I do not get the option to import/export MLOD and MODL files.

I am currently using Blender 2.70, I also tried to make it work on version 2.67b. It does show up in the addon list when I install it from file, it allows me to tick it to enable the addon. I click on save user preferences and that's it. Nothing happens.

I am using Windows 7- 64 bit.

I am also using the animation plugin - the clip tool - and it works just fine with both Blender versions. What am I missing?
Test Subject
#194 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 6:24 AM
Hi! First, and most importantly, thank you for all your valuable tools, and taking the time to give us detailed tutorials

I just want to point out a problem with Blender 2.73. When importing, I get:
IndexError: BMElemSeq[index]: outdated internal index table, run ensure_lookup_table() first
(for lines 1480 and 1478)

The problem looks like it's with 2.73 specifically (this thread discusses it: http://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...orting-add-ons).

I added ensure_lookup_table() and it seems to work now. I don't know python, so don't know if it has other repercussions or is needed other places as well.

Starting at line 1475:
else:
fdup.append(faces[i])
bm.verts.ensure_lookup_table()
if ds or ss:
v = bm.verts[faces[i][0]], bm.verts[faces[i][1]], bm.verts[faces[i][2]]
else:
v = bm.verts[cleanList[faces[i][0]][1]], bm.verts[cleanList[faces[i][1]][1]], bm.verts[cleanList[faces[i][2]][1]]
try: bm.faces.new(v)
except: pass

Thank you again for all your resources!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#195 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:00 PM Last edited by FozzerBear : 10th Jul 2015 at 3:55 AM.
First of all, thanks for making this. But...I have a problem and I'm stuck. Exporting in S3PE gives me _filebase.s3m2b files of 0 kB and group00.s3m2bg files of some size which the Blender plugin doesn't load. Tried everything and Googled for hours.

EDIT: I've found the solution myself. Although I thought it was a totally different problem I edited the python script like the above poster did(thanks a 1000 times jen1731!). I opened the 0 kB file and I got...tadaaaaa! An end table in Blender. So it works. I don't know what the 0 kB file does. Does it only point Blender to the bg files? I mean, I can't see anything in it when opening them in a text editor???

But anyway, it works! I can finally get started trying to mod a Sims object. I hope I don't get stuck again as I'm a total n00b at modding Sims stuff and I just got started with Blender....

EDIT: For those that are also new to these tools: when exporting you have to save over the old .s3m2b files. The script can't generate new files itself.(Just something that puzzled me for a while).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#196 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 7:38 PM
Nice to see that others are still modding Sims 3 while Sims 4 matures
mature minion
retired moderator
#197 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 3:28 PM
Default Problems installing tools in Blender 2.75
I've tried installing your tools in blender 2.75 recently but when I do only the MLOD/MODL tool shows up. No idea what's happening to the others and why I can't see them :S

I'm probably doing something silly but I know I've managed this previously on version 2.63 (I think)
Test Subject
#198 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 6:53 PM
I've also tried installing the tools and only see MLOD/MODL
I'm using windows 10 now and I hope that doesn't have something to do with it.
I've installed several different builds of Blender and still only saw the MLOD/MODL tools.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#199 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 12:48 PM
Can you make a plugin compatible with TSR Workshop please, I've tried every thing but it just doesn't seem to work for me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#200 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 12:43 AM
Thank you!
Page 8 of 9