Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 9:13 PM
Default Pimp my sims downloads
About 6 months ago I found this awesome site that allowed me to download from the old Pimp my sims site by basically looking at a cached page.... My hard drive crashed a few weeks ago and I lost the bookmark. Does anyone know the site I am talking about and if so can you help me out?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 9:23 PM
The wayback machine brings it up. Don't know if all the links work or not though.

http://web.archive.org/web/20101024...uses/index.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Banned
#3 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 9:31 PM
Often it doesn't work for downloads. I tried using it here and on the sister site for things lost in that crash a couple years back.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 9:46 PM
Some of the downloads work using wayback, some don't. I'd been trying to get the meshes for the Chicago bathroom. The recolors work using wayback, the meshes don't. (I finally got the meshes but I can't remember where!)

I've gotten around that before (for other sites) by using viewing a cached page- doing a simple search for the site, not using the wayback machine. Unfortunately, that won't work for Pimp My Sims because there doesn't seem to be any cached pages (that don't have an error) while searching. I haven't been able to find any at least.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 9:50 PM
mustluvcatz I have found it here for you, http://dl.qj.net/pc-gaming/simulati...icago-bath.html but I have no idea if that sites downloads are safe or not. It might also be here: http://www1.modthesims.info/d/printthread.php?t=290221

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:12 AM
The wayback machine!!! That was it! Thanks guys
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 10:05 PM
Default Downloads from Pimp my Sims via the Wayback Machine DO work
I don't know if it really makes sense to revive this old thread, but when I searched for "pimp my sims" on Google today, this thread was the first item on the list that came up. So, for the sake of anyone else following the links from Google, I think it's maybe worth saying that the link to the Wayback Machine that Jo gave in Post 2 does work for downloads. I used it today to get a mesh I needed.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 8:54 PM
Thanks!
I love their downloads!
Quote: Originally posted by Genevieve905
About 6 months ago I found this awesome site that allowed me to download from the old Pimp my sims site by basically looking at a cached page.... My hard drive crashed a few weeks ago and I lost the bookmark. Does anyone know the site I am talking about and if so can you help me out?