Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Auto PC

by Lodakai Posted 1st Oct 2014 at 2:13 AM - Updated 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:52 AM by Lodakai : Update 1.13 DEC4

147 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 70 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:58 AM
Thank you for this one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:08 AM
You are a winrar.
Instructor
#28 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shuy089
It seems my sim still wants to play games on the computer. I'm sure I installed it correctly. Oh well, Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. My other mods are working correctly, so I know I have my cfg file set up correctly. I can't figure it out either.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:57 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:48 PM Last edited by eykoi : 1st Oct 2014 at 6:29 PM.
for the people having a problem, make sure you followed the XML Instructions. If that doesn't fix it, it's possible another mod is conflicting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 6:06 PM
Thank you my god!!! You're my savior
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 7:58 PM
Thank you so so much!!! Much needed :-D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 8:59 PM
I was waiting for this OMG! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:48 PM
god bless you
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tylersada
I'm having the same problem. My other mods are working correctly, so I know I have my cfg file set up correctly. I can't figure it out either.

If it happens again, can you check that Sim's action on the lower left and let me know what it says the action taking place is within the bubble?
Is it Play games? troll teh forums? what are they actually still doing at the pc.
If they are playing games, what game is it? is it tetris? is it a tournament?
Thanks for your input

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eykoi
for the people having a problem, make sure you followed the XML Instructions. If that doesn't fix it, it's possible another mod is conflicting.

I checked my Resource.cfg file and it was back to default. Maybe I deleted it, no clue. It works now though, thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:55 AM
Filled a need!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:10 AM
thanks! if ya don't hear anything else, then it's working great! :-) bugs me so much, someone comes over and straight into the office.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:29 AM
Ok it's not working at 100%, my sim completed Virus program and right after it queued Research: Workout tips. And of course I only gave her the instruction to do the virus program. I'll update if I find other instances that occurs.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:49 AM
This is partially working in my game. My Tech Guru sim will autonomously Livestream games, but will self-cancel the action shortly after she begins. Similarly, other sims in the household will autonomously Research different topics, but again the action will self-cancel when they're less than 1/4 through the task. I actually wouldn't mind if these actions didn't self-cancel once they started, just the fact that all the frivolous Play Game nonsense is gone is a blessing in itself! I want my sims to Livestream & Research (at least those are productive), so it doesn't bug me that they do it, just that they don't continue doing those activities to completion.
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:29 PM Last edited by AudreyLudlow : 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:06 PM.
I've double checked I've installed correctly, but the mod still doesn't fully work. My sims still use the computer autonomously to browse web, browse art or chat. The action tends to cancel itself after 5-10 sims minutes. I'd love it they stop using the computer altogether since every time they have a guest, they end up heading for the computer after a while, ignoring the host.

EDIT: My sim just autonomously started playing Blicblock.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:00 PM Last edited by SimsProductions : 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:01 PM. Reason: added: (I eventually gave up)
This mod isn´t perfect but it does work partially. I tried creating a mod like this (I eventually gave up) and there are so many files you have to find and edit. The creator simply missed a few files and you can´t blame him for that. It´s a lot of work and I respect him for that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:08 PM
Keep the reports coming in... I will hunt down and update the missing actions ASAP.
Thank you all for the feedback.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:47 PM
Thank the gods for this. It's a chore keeping my sims off the computer, I tell you what.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:49 PM
Did you have updated the mod to the latest patch Oct.01.2014? I have seen no update notice.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 12:39 AM
a very much needed mod i installed this then placed a computer in the home my sim automatically went to the computer scour for memes the other sim went to research fitness
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 3:09 AM
Great mod overall and thanks for keeping up with feedback.

I also noticed one of my sims looking for memes. She was playful so my first thought was that it was something to do with the emotion-based interactions... not sure if that matters though since no one else has mentioned it. Also kind of strange for all of the library computers to be empty, but there's probably nothing that can be done about that
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:31 AM
Update pending approval. Check back later for the updated file.
It will be available as Kai PC Blocker V1-02.zip as soon as it is approved.

Updates V1.02: - Coming SOON
GAME VERSION: 1.0.732.20

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 5:02 AM
Terrific! I'll download as soon as your update is posted. That stupid PC is like crack for Sims.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:01 AM
One of my sims went to Research the Guitar but it was on first version of the mod. I'll have to verify again with new version.
Page 2 of 6