Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 3:45 PM
2 question! PLEASE HELP!
Hello, i was currently working on 2 windows and none of them work right in the game. Can you please help me, i don't know what i am doing wrong. When you put it in a wall you can only see the outside layer(No window/the wall goes over it) Can you please help! Thankyou, see screens below. :confused: It looks fine if you use move_objects on and put it on the grass but that is not the point of having a floating window. So please help.

2nd Question: Also is it possible to clone a fence or a pool? ( i don't think that the pool is possible, but the fence is? i don't know) Please help Thanks! :D
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:07 PM
does this happen with just one window type or all of them?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:10 PM
This happens if the move Objects on or the boolProp snapObjectstogrid cheats are on. Always make sure those cheats are off before placing any windows or doors. Deeme
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:13 PM
I know, i have none of those cheats on when i place them in a wall and they still don't work, thanks anyway.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kellicool
does this happen with just one window type or all of them?
Only my custom windows.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:21 PM
Well just for giggles, lol. Try typing them in the off postion anyway. I don't know how many times I have had to type them into the off postion thinking I already did and they weren't turned off . Just humor me and let me know if that mite be the problem, lol Deeme
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deeme
Well just for giggles, lol. Try typing them in the off postion anyway. I don't know how many times I have had to type them into the off postion thinking I already did and they weren't turned off . Just humor me and let me know if that mite be the problem, lol Deeme
This will also happen if there is an object on the inside of the house that mite be blocking a view from the window , other then that, I have no idea, sorry, I tried to help, lol. Deeme
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:39 PM
What version of SimPE do you use? I had the same problem but version 0.42 fixed it. Did you check "pull wallmasks" when cloning?
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfantastic2
Only my custom windows.

if you can place a regular maxis window with no problems
then there has got to be a glitch in your custom window
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 5:06 PM
Yes I did have pull wallmasks checked when i cloned it. I have the latest version, GUI.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 8:33 PM
I've had this happen with one of my first door experiments
the reason I had it, I think
is because I aligned one of the meshes wrong
with a door, the meshes are just planes: one for the inside and one for the outside (i think, I'm not through experimenting on doors just yet) and if you place planes the wrong way round, they disappear
could it be something like that?
with my door, I had one side that showed ok, and one 'secret door', basically a frame on a wall, like your window
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 9:53 PM
I don't know, but i am making a door now, and i see the texture that is named wallmask, and it shows a wall and the part that is cut out, but that image does not create with a window! So i don't know.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 10:00 PM
i may have solved it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 10:01 PM
i may have solved it! I just unchecked remove useless files, and the wallmask image is there! so i will edit it and see what goes on! Hopefully it will work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 10:27 PM Last edited by simfantastic2 : 27th Jul 2005 at 10:31 PM.
Nope, it didn't work I don't know what is wrong, i need help despratelly! :confused: See images below. Also there is like a sign that my window is wrong. Look at the picture of just the doors, in the upper right you see my window! Is that odd or what! also my window is in the second pic above! :argh:
Screenshots
Mesh Maestro
#16 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:13 PM
simfantastic2: Are you cecking the universty ready V2.0" box in the scengraph? You shouldn't be... Please upload the package and I will get a look at it...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:57 PM Last edited by simfantastic2 : 29th Jul 2005 at 7:22 PM.
oh, yes i am! Sorry. Thankyou. Once again you are helping me like my first object. i really apreciate it! So i should never hit university ready? Because i have been doing that with most of my objects. I hope that doesn't mess up the peoples game that downloaded them. Thanks. i love all your objects.
Mesh Maestro
#18 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:18 PM
Checking the universty ready V2.0" box in the scengraph mainly ruins the outdoor shadows. It was originally used when we first started creating doors and windows... Be back with your package soon, please remove your's...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:33 PM
jwoods, i have a little question(thanks for helping so far) do you know why when i import a texture for one of my objects(not any others) when i hit commit there is a black line right through it? it is odd and wont change. no matter what image you put in it still comes with a black line through it! Well you don't need to answer that. Goodluck with my package, thanks again.
Mesh Maestro
#20 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:39 PM Last edited by JWoods : 29th Jul 2005 at 8:30 PM. Reason: remove old file
Quote: Originally posted by simfantastic2
jwoods, i have a little question(thanks for helping so far) do you know why when i import a texture for one of my objects(not any others) when i hit commit there is a black line right through it? it is odd and wont change. no matter what image you put in it still comes with a black line through it! Well you don't need to answer that. Goodluck with my package, thanks again.

If it is a transparent image try selectin DXT 3 format. Here is your window fixed, it was the V2.0 box... I also corrected the guid in your material override...
Screenshots

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:50 PM
thanks so much! Before i saw your post i knew it would work because i did what you said(i unchecked university ready) and i checked a different window in my game! So thanks a bunch!
Mesh Maestro
#22 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 8:30 PM
Your welcome...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 11:04 PM
I have a question about the V2.0 box... When I deselect that, would the outdoorshadows appears? And does the object work with University?

Thanks!

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Mesh Maestro
#24 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teko
I have a question about the V2.0 box... When I deselect that, would the outdoorshadows appears? And does the object work with University?

Thanks!

Never ever check the "University Ready V2.0" when creating any object. All it will do is remove the "outdoor" shadow you ask about.

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 9:48 AM
Thank you JWoods!
:hmm: So my done objects haven't a outdoorshadow... I shouldn't too worry about that.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Locked thread | Locked by: JWoods Reason: Answer to question here: [url]http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82075[/url]
Page 1 of 2