Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:44 AM
Default Sims hair changes when nude
I've had this happen to several of my Sims before where their hair changes and/or they are wearing shoes when they are nude. I've dealt with it up until now but it's really getting annoying.

So, can someone please help me out? I do have CC on my Sim.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:49 AM
Not 100% sure on the custom hair thing, but the clothing issue is that when whoever made that item created it, they set it to appear in the nude category as well as the other categories (which drives me mad; why would you ever need clothing in the nude category? Unless it's just easy to make that mistake, I don't understand why anyone would do that!). I just deleted the offending CC, but that's not your only option. There's a wiki help page on it: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ith_clothing_on

[edit] Looked around a bit, and this thread might help you with the hair issue: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=426976
It appears to be similar to the clothing issue.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:45 AM
AwesomeMod fixes the naked-hair thing on a global level.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inventor
#4 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:04 PM
It does? That's interesting. I have been using AwesomeMod since the beginning and I still sometimes have a CC hair that changes when they shower. It just doesn't really bother me.

The shoes in the shower does really bug me though. I have to take them into CAS while they are showering to give them bare feet.

kittens!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:22 PM
I believe its because the hair isn't ticked for the naked category. If you turn the clothing filter off, it might work.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:47 PM
If you know what the CC is, then you can open the package with S3PE. Tick the box marked "Tag" and then find the CASP File. From there click Grid, and just check/decheck the "Naked" box.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:21 PM
This has happened to my sim. What I did was pause the game while they were naked, then edit them in cas. You could do this with awesomemod, the new testing cheats "shift+click on sim/Edit sim in cas", or any mod that lets you edit in cas..
Theorist
#8 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:20 PM
It's a really annoying mistake that a lot of creators do, most seen on older Peggy/Newsea/Rose hairs. I wrote a tutorial describing what Severedsolo said a while ago: http://lookaplumbob.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorials

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:36 PM
Thanks Rob and Severedsolo. I must have missed that information before. I am playing a sim wearing the new Raon hair and still have the naked category of the hair wrong. Does kind of bother me, but now I have more information to combat it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
...The shoes in the shower does really bug me though...
Oh. My. Goodness. I hadn't thought about that. It didn't occur to me that it was possible even on purpose, let alone by accident. But now that I know... I need to be able to wear only shoes. Or, for that matter, only socks. No, not in the shower. I agree about that. In fact, I have not thought out what the right occasion would exactly be. But oh, there must be one, and I am so going to find it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:00 PM
If you go to the mirror and do that cahnge appearance thing. When I choose a hairdoo there is a check you can check in upper right corner that says default or for all clohting or something (sorry not at home atm). If you click that the hair you choose will be the same for everyting. Normal, naked, pjs, formal, and athletic clothing.

I have mine unchecked for my female teen because her regular hair and athletic hair is updoo, her formal is an updoo too but more fancy one, but the swimming and pj one is long loose hair. I haven't noticed her hair when she is taking a shower but I would think it is the same one she has on just before taking a shower /shrug.

For the rest of the household which is all men/male kids, I have that nubbin I meantioned above checked, except for one of the boys. He has a cap for normal and athletic wear, but hatless for everything else. I found it ridiculous for him to sleep in that cap.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stina1701-D
If you go to the mirror and do that cahnge appearance thing. When I choose a hairdoo there is a check you can check in upper right corner that says default or for all clohting or something (sorry not at home atm). If you click that the hair you choose will be the same for everyting. Normal, naked, pjs, formal, and athletic clothing.

Unfortunately it still changes because the creator never set it to be used for naked sims.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:17 AM
Default ah..
Quote: Originally posted by KaizokuChibi
I've had this happen to several of my Sims before where their hair changes and/or they are wearing shoes when they are nude. I've dealt with it up until now but it's really getting annoying.

So, can someone please help me out? I do have CC on my Sim.

I'm sorry I change lock - unlock hairstyle (for all cloth-non all cloth) It's worked.