Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Numenor : 4th Nov 2005 at 3:45 PM. Reason: Added info
Default Sims2Pack Clean Installer
Well, i made a webpage for my tool. All information will be there now, but discussion about tool, should be kept in this thread.

Download the latest version here: Sims2Pack Clean Installer

A french translation of the S2PCI documentation (by Majunta) can be found here (external link).
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 4:04 PM
I would love to use this tool. Unfortunately .Net is a huge download since I'm on dial-up.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:16 PM
Yaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:24 PM
you're gonna need to get .net run-times eventually its the future of vb programming all those programs u download that says "requires vb 6 runtimes" will start saying "requires .net framework 1.1" (or 2.0 which is in beta)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:35 PM
Thank you,....will give it a try (after I checked if I have net. framework installed on this computer). LOL

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:37 PM
I download the Clean Installer and .net framework, but it doesn't seem to work : the installer opens the list of files where I could choose which to install, but nothing happen when I click on install. I need help, but be simple as :
1. I don't speak english very well
2. I don't understand everything about modds and files etc...
thanks in advance for any help
Pioupiou
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:45 PM
sorry pioupiou it was my fault try re-downloading installer and just reinstall it
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:45 PM
did u check your download directory? maybe it just doesn't give you a confirmation?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:11 PM
Ooooh! I cannot wait to try this!

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:33 PM
It doesn't seem to work for me. It'll load the package and it's contents but when I go into the game the house doesn't appear. I thought at first it was because wasn't selecting the family that goes with the house but even when selecting everything in the package it didn't show up.

I'm testing this on my own houses so I know it's not just the houses from other countries don't work problem.

Could it be the fact that my game isn't installed to the default directory that's causing this? The lot shows up with unknown for a description if that has anything to do with it.

It looks like it's going to be a great program once I can get it to work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:46 PM
hey Thomas thanks for feedback,

if there is no confirmation that Files successfully installed then try to donwload again.

if it's not the case you could try to watch your Teleport folder while installing your packages.
It is in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Teleport

If no files appear there something must be wrong.

it's hard to tell anything without more information.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:56 PM
Ohh, this is just SO GREAT!!! *thumbs up*
I have just tried it out (I downloaded the .NET framework too) and it seemed to work great, I download a lot of sims from the Exchange and often I only want a piece but have to download and istall the whole sim... I compared the files in this program with the files that are named at the Exchange and assumed that it would be in the same order... ;-) In this case I wanted the hair, so I unchecked all except for that file and voila - the hair is installed in the game!! :-D Maybe I was just lucky... *LOL*
But I also have a big problem... Looked at one of my lots and there are several unknown objects... :-( How could I found out what it is....?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:58 PM
Quote:
"Could it be the fact that my game isn't installed to the default directory that's causing this?....."

Question,...I have the same situation here. The Game isn't installed in the default location.
So, where do I install your program now to?....to drive C or the drive where I actually have the Game installed?
[ Edited 22-11-2004 09:59PM ]

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phervers
Here is a new tool for those who download a lot of custom content.

Hi phervers,

A very good idea. And a very good idea, to code the hacks as textfiles.
But it didn't work for me. I have net (for SimPE and working) on my WIN98 SE system. After installing it has associated the Sims2Pack with your programm, but it can't be found, even when I choose the folder.
I renamed both folder and prog to SPCI, left click on Sims2Pack and chose open with and assigned SPCI to it. Now it starts, but the interface is empty.

I clicked install anyway and the app crashed.

-Gonmag
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:08 PM
Hmm... I just tested installing a lot and it didn't worked...?? :-( I got the message that it was succesfully installed. It was one of my own lots that I know is full of some hacked objects, I unchecked all except the "lot" at the top before installing, maybe that's wrong..?
[ Edited 22-11-2004 10:09PM ]
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:09 PM
Okay here is what I got when I wanted to install the pagoda:

With the unkown object, can I uncheck that and expect a good install? Just wondering because if there are unknowns are they vital to the install? Thanks! This is great!!! !amazed

Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:12 PM
hey Thomas thanks for feedback,

if there is no confirmation that Files successfully installed then try to donwload again.

if it's not the case you could try to watch your Teleport folder while installing your packages.
It is in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Teleport

If no files appear there something must be wrong.

it's hard to tell anything without more information.

I get the files installed successfully message and 6 new files appeared in my teleport folder dated with the time and date. There were 6 files 5 Sims2tmp files and 1 Sims2import file. After I ran the game to check to see if the house was there, the Sims2import file vanished.

Since other people seem to not be having problems with it and I'm assuming they're using the the default directory. I'm gonna try doing an uninstall/reinstall later on to see if that fixes my problems.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:22 PM
Okay, I installed "Villa Riva" - Thanks BitzyBus. It did not show up in my game. I have a default install on the sims 2. I unchecked DesignModeResource - AlienWare PC.

I wonder what happened?

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:28 PM
....I could use some info if file association work properly, as well as hack information to update hacklist ( CRC + hack description ).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this. When I installed it - it did not automatically associate the files. Although it did unassociate the files with the sims package installer. So I went in and manually set those file associations myself. Not a problem for me though. 8)

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:39 PM
DawnKeeper -> I hope you like it! :-) Guess you haven't seen it yet.

I did one more try installing a lot, a different one this time but I got the same result... nothing...
Checked the teleport folder and there was two new files after installing, now after I run the game there is only one of them left, but no house in the game this time either...
Instructor
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:45 PM
Well there's a bug with houses showing up anyhow. I sometimes have to install them 4 or 5 times before they show up in the lots bin and I always have to install them one at a time, go in the game and check if it's there, etc or else most won't show up.

This is a great program. I've been looking throughall the lots I downloaded and am quite shocked how much extra stuff is has stowed away with the file. I think this whole sims2pack business was a bad idea. I want direct access to my files and to know what is being put where.

If it's not to much trouble, Phervers do you think you could add a feature to extract the selected files to a specified directory and maybe a feature to delete package files from a sims2pack or to repack them with only the package files we select?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:46 PM
Thomas :
that looks like if the pack you are trying to install is already installed, or or i dont know, if u could try to install it with default installer, and compare files, or just send me this package to [email protected].

DawnKeeper :
well it depends, it should install, but if it's some kind of object like alienware your game might just crash when installing game. Though it seems that such objects are ObjectModeResource, erm just try

Everyone: i messed up again, stupid C# builder removed all my events, so you will have to download that again to see file name and description for individual files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:04 PM
thanks for ideas Motoki, i'll put it on a to-do list, i also want to add Download folder browsing, so that you can check what files are in your downloads, and remove unwanted files. If there is someone who would like to help with maintaining hack list let me know, i'm not downloading a lot myself so,,,
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:05 PM
oops
[ Edited 22-11-2004 11:06PM ]
Field Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:22 PM
Thomas :
that looks like if the pack you are trying to install is already installed, or or i dont know, if u could try to install it with default installer, and compare files, or just send me this package to [email protected].

It's not just one package. It seems to be every house I try to install. I just tried downloading a new house to see if it would install and got the same results. So I can't think of anything else that might be causing this.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 54