Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2014 at 2:54 AM
Question regarding how to bind (joint assign) accessory correctly to the ring figure
The ring finger is the finger between middle and pinky.

I have some nice nail accessories, but unfortunately for some poses, the nail is flying out.

I have seen some other nail accessories that doesn't do that. The nail actually stays where it is no matter what I change the pose of figure to be.

Clearly some sort of joint assignment is incorrect.

I loaded the mesh into milkshape, but there is no ring finger joint that exists.

How do the molder make the correct accessory? How can I fix it?

I really like the accessory I have, i wish to fix it if possible.

Thanks for all the helps.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 1:48 AM
If you have another mesh that works the way you want to, you can use its bone assignments as a guide. Just extract the good mesh and import in Milkshape. In the joints tab you can click "Draw vertices with bone colours". If you alternate between the guide mesh and your mesh, you'll see the difference ("smooth shaded" view is the best for this). Then you can match the bone assignments of your mesh to those of the guide mesh- either using extended Manual Edit or the Bone Tool - you should have those plug-ins already, the commands are in the Vertex menu.