Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 10:56 PM Last edited by ebflover777 : 2nd Oct 2016 at 5:27 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I fix insanely slow fps?
Possible cause of problem: Updating my HP Pavilion Notebook to the newest form of Windows 10. It was an automatic update, so I had no choice.
Exactly what is happening: Game runs from 1-10 FPS. The game still loads households, neighborhoods, and CAS fairly fast, although MUCH slower then before the newest version of Windows 10. In fact, I first got the game on this computer on Windows 10. It makes the game nearly impossible to play. Before you ask, the game does not have a "Compatibility" tab in "Properties" when you right click.
How often the problem happens: All the time.
What I have tried to fix it: Changing graphics to lowest settings and changing how the game runs, I.E.: Setting the game to run in Vista Mode. EDIT: I also tried the new graphics settings for Windows 10, which I received from Leefish. EDIT#2: I tried to remove SecuROM and get a No CD/Replacement .EXE, but it gives me a "No Direct X9 Graphics Adapter Found." I really, really, really am desperate for help at this point in time.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 11:17 PM
You can turn automatic updates off so you can have a choice. I would roll it back.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can turn automatic updates off so you can have a choice. I would roll it back.

You can't with Win10.

To the OP: it might be something to do with Securerom - there's a thread on here somewhere about it and Win10 (they do not agree).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You can't with Win10.

To the OP: it might be something to do with Securerom - there's a thread on here somewhere about it and Win10 (they do not agree).

Try searching for keywords and linking it.
Alchemist
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 1:07 AM
You should have a Troubleshoot Compatibility option when you right click; the replacement for the compatibility tab.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 1:11 AM Last edited by ebflover777 : 2nd Oct 2016 at 5:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You should have a Troubleshoot Compatibility option when you right click; the replacement for the compatibility tab.

Found it, what do I set for the settings?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebflover777
Try searching for keywords and linking it.

Try searching yourself.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Try searching yourself.

I forgot to edit it to say that I did search, and I tried to do it, I got the necessary programs, but Direct X9 is needed, and since I use Windows 10, it does not work...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 12:26 PM
Did you read the thread on Leefish?
http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688
It's specifically directed at Win10 users.