Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1351 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joeygoyo
Hello, this might seems a but odd, but I already finished doing everything, and it all went smooth (referring to the exporting a_xevt_701 file and the whole simswiki tutorial) and I've got my own pose, but when I tried to the command "SMD > CLIP" it says unable to open and error...? So I was wondering, where did I do wrong? I have even made a backup file of the original CLIP file from EA's Fullbuild0.package file.

TL;DR : Why won't Animtool export my SMD file to CLIP animation? I've done everything according to the tutorial. I'm using Milkshape 1.8.4 AND 1.8.5

And now, in the 3D view my mesher rig wouldn't appear, but it appear perfectly in the skeleton view.

thanks in advance.
Sorry to take so long to reply. What kind of error are you receiving from AnimTool?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1352 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 6:30 PM
hi, it's me again. i made a couple pose in milkshape but when i load the poses on my sims in the game, the pose shows for about half a second before they snap to the default ms position. ??
Lab Assistant
#1353 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 7:34 PM
Orange,sorry to bother you again. I was wondering if it's possible to import objects like camera,glass,teacup in Milkshape and use them together with poses? I've no problem with furniture and vehicle,all of them working fine in my poses. But if I want to create a pose where the sim holding a glass,how do I start?

Thank you
Test Subject
#1354 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 12:19 AM
I've got some serious issues going on while I'm creating custom poses. I use Milkshape3D. I followed each step completely, from this main tutorial:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...3_Pose_Creation

I'm more than certain I did it correctly.

Now, I recently noticed my joints are not working correctly, at all, mainly the arms and I'm certain the neck as well. They are all absolutely buggy, everything from the right clavicle and down that I know of.

When I move the right clavicle to the left/down, this happens: (pic 1)
When I move it to the right/up, this happens: (pic 2)
The 3rd image is my SMD file when I import from the Half-Life SMD to start
And the fourth image is my skeleton when I show it. It's a total mess!

I am really trying to work some pose packs for not only myself, but MTS. It's the least I could do for everyone else's hard word to return the favor, plus, I'd love to be just as good at creating. I really hope you can help me.

-Woe
Screenshots

"They say that love is forever. Your forever is all that I need."
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1355 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natsuko641
hi, it's me again. i made a couple pose in milkshape but when i load the poses on my sims in the game, the pose shows for about half a second before they snap to the default ms position. ??
Could you post the .package for the pose that isn't working correctly?

Quote: Originally posted by hazeylove
Orange,sorry to bother you again. I was wondering if it's possible to import objects like camera,glass,teacup in Milkshape and use them together with poses? I've no problem with furniture and vehicle,all of them working fine in my poses. But if I want to create a pose where the sim holding a glass,how do I start?
The easiest way to do this is to create the glass you want the Sim to hold as a buyable decorative item and then use that to make your pose with. In the game you would buy the glass, pose the Sim, and then use a cheat to move the Sim and glass into the correct position. There are more complicated ways but they are beyond the scope of this tutorial. If you're interested in the method I described and need more help with it please post again.

Quote: Originally posted by Woe Hawthorne
I've got some serious issues going on while I'm creating custom poses. I use Milkshape3D. I followed each step completely, from this main tutorial:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...3_Pose_Creation

I'm more than certain I did it correctly.

Now, I recently noticed my joints are not working correctly, at all, mainly the arms and I'm certain the neck as well. They are all absolutely buggy, everything from the right clavicle and down that I know of.

When I move the right clavicle to the left/down, this happens: (pic 1)
When I move it to the right/up, this happens: (pic 2)
The 3rd image is my SMD file when I import from the Half-Life SMD to start
And the fourth image is my skeleton when I show it. It's a total mess!

I am really trying to work some pose packs for not only myself, but MTS. It's the least I could do for everyone else's hard word to return the favor, plus, I'd love to be just as good at creating. I really hope you can help me.
To start with you should update your Milkshape to version 1.8.5 if you're dealing with Sim rigs. Secondly it looks like you're using the Move function instead of the Rotate function. Third, you can set the size of the bones by going to File/Preferences/Misc and setting the Joint Size to 0.008000...that will get rid of the blue snarl you're seeing. If this doesn't help enough please post again
Test Subject
#1356 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Could you post the .package for the pose that isn't working correctly?

The easiest way to do this is to create the glass you want the Sim to hold as a buyable decorative item and then use that to make your pose with. In the game you would buy the glass, pose the Sim, and then use a cheat to move the Sim and glass into the correct position. There are more complicated ways but they are beyond the scope of this tutorial. If you're interested in the method I described and need more help with it please post again.

To start with you should update your Milkshape to version 1.8.5 if you're dealing with Sim rigs. Secondly it looks like you're using the Move function instead of the Rotate function. Third, you can set the size of the bones by going to File/Preferences/Misc and setting the Joint Size to 0.008000...that will get rid of the blue snarl you're seeing. If this doesn't help enough please post again

No, I was using Rotate when I had attempted, I'm positive, however, I found my issue vanished when I redid the steps with the updated version of Milkshape. Thank you VERY much for your answer, you helped me out and it seems like my limbs are finally working properly! So, thank you very much! Now I can finally get to work! :D

-Woe

Alchemist
Original Poster
#1357 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 10:40 PM
No, I was using Rotate when I had attempted, I'm positive, however, I found my issue vanished when I redid the steps with the updated version of Milkshape. Thank you VERY much for your answer, you helped me out and it seems like my limbs are finally working properly! So, thank you very much! Now I can finally get to work! :D

-Woe
NP...glad that helped and things are working for you now
Test Subject
#1358 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 11:07 PM
Just when I thought things were going great. I'm sorry to bother you again. When I go to transfer my SMD into a Clip with the AnimTool, I receive an error. It says:

Unable to open file: S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_616F73A4DD04B9FE_a_woehawt_micsing1%%+CLIP.animation
Error 2

I've no idea where to go from here and I would hate to have lost my pose after working with it tediously just after getting the hang of it.
Some little side notes:

-I followed the tutorial on converting the SMD to Clip
-My programs are updated fully

I hope I can get some help and won't have to start all over again, I worked really hard on this and hope to share. Hope you can help me!

-Woe
Screenshots

Alchemist
Original Poster
#1359 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 3:47 PM
Just when I thought things were going great. I'm sorry to bother you again. When I go to transfer my SMD into a Clip with the AnimTool, I receive an error. It says:

Unable to open file: S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_616F73A4DD04B9FE_a_woehawt_micsing1%%+CLIP.animation
Error 2

I've no idea where to go from here and I would hate to have lost my pose after working with it tediously just after getting the hang of it.
Some little side notes:

-I followed the tutorial on converting the SMD to Clip
-My programs are updated fully

I hope I can get some help and won't have to start all over again, I worked really hard on this and hope to share. Hope you can help me!

-Woe
Error 2 occurs when you try convert the wrong smd to the clip or if the clip and smd are not in the same folder. The smd you want to convert back to a CLIP has to have been converted from that CLIP and they both need to be in the same folder.
Test Subject
#1360 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 2:59 AM
Error 2 occurs when you try convert the wrong smd to the clip or if the clip and smd are not in the same folder. The smd you want to convert back to a CLIP has to have been converted from that CLIP and they both need to be in the same folder.

I am such newbie at this, thank you for your patience! now I understand what I'm doing. I had them in different folders to try and better organize myself, didn't know they had to stay in the same, so thank you SO much! Expect my pose pack soon. :D

-Woe

Alchemist
Original Poster
#1361 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 1:00 AM
I am such newbie at this, thank you for your patience! now I understand what I'm doing. I had them in different folders to try and better organize myself, didn't know they had to stay in the same, so thank you SO much! Expect my pose pack soon. :D

-Woe
Yw very much...I look forward to seeing your work.
Lab Assistant
#1362 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 10:07 PM
Thank you for your reply Orange.I still few have questions here.

1. When we clone objects to import them to Milkshape,how to rename them? I mean after I regroup and renamed them into something like EA car/EA chair,I chose Export/Wavefront OBJ. But when I import them back into milkshape,it showed up as Regroup00,not EA car. I followed this tutorial http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=614.0
2. How to import eyebrows,hair and lip colour to use on rig in Milkshape? So far I can only import eyes(contact lens) that you showed on several posts here. If I want to create facial expressions on the pose,should I use Rotate or Move for best results?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1363 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 12:23 AM
Thank you for your reply Orange.I still few have questions here.

1. When we clone objects to import them to Milkshape,how to rename them? I mean after I regroup and renamed them into something like EA car/EA chair,I chose Export/Wavefront OBJ. But when I import them back into milkshape,it showed up as Regroup00,not EA car. I followed this tutorial http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=614.0
2. How to import eyebrows,hair and lip colour to use on rig in Milkshape? So far I can only import eyes(contact lens) that you showed on several posts here. If I want to create facial expressions on the pose,should I use Rotate or Move for best results?
When you're renaming the Group to a name of your choice are you clicking the rename button that is next to the field where you enter the name you chose?

Importing eyebrows, hair, and lip color onto the rig in Milkshape requires some knowledge of how to apply GEOMs and textures to the rig. It's beyond the scope of this tutorial. The best place to ask how to do something like this would be the CAS Parts forum.

You can use both Move and Rotate to create facial expressions in MS.
Lab Assistant
#1364 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 5:21 PM
When you're renaming the Group to a name of your choice are you clicking the rename button that is next to the field where you enter the name you chose?

Thank you for answers. and yes I clicked Rename button then typed EA car in the white box next to it,but when I imported it back into MS it still showed up as Regroup00. I'm not sure what I have done wrong.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1365 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 11:51 PM
Thank you for answers. and yes I clicked Rename button then typed EA car in the white box next to it,but when I imported it back into MS it still showed up as Regroup00. I'm not sure what I have done wrong.
You need to click the Rename button after you type in the new name you want. When you do this the name Regroup00 that is showing in the white box above will change to your new name and that will stay there following export and reimport
Lab Assistant
#1366 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 6:15 PM
You need to click the Rename button after you type in the new name you want. When you do this the name Regroup00 that is showing in the white box above will change to your new name and that will stay there following export and reimport

Aaah..now I understand I need to click rename button AFTER I type the object name.I got it and it works! hehehe...thank you so much! :p
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1367 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 3:36 PM
Aaah..now I understand I need to click rename button AFTER I type the object name.I got it and it works! hehehe...thank you so much! :p
YW...glad you got it working now
Lab Assistant
#1368 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidalSpiders
Is there a body file for teens? I know adults and teens share a rig file, but I'm talking about the actual mesh... I'd like to make some poses between adults and teens I don't want to have to continually open my game to tweak it because if I do it too much, the file corrupts and no longer changes. Any help is appreciated...

I think my post was buried by all the others, so I'm quoting it in the hopes that someone might have an answer. On top of this question...would it be easier to just make the male model taller via the pose? Any help is appreciated.
Test Subject
#1369 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 9:13 PM
Hey just got a little question, like always xD
Ok so I've heard there's a way to delete certain keyframes and not from the whole body, I recently saw an animation where The talking animations work just like in game but the sim isn't standing but sitting. So my question is, How do you delete only like face keyframes or body keyframes and exchange them with a pose?? I've tried but I can't figure it out. NEED HELP PLEASE
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1370 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidalSpiders
I think my post was buried by all the others, so I'm quoting it in the hopes that someone might have an answer. On top of this question...would it be easier to just make the male model taller via the pose? Any help is appreciated.
Sorry to take so long to answer. As far as I know there is no teen mesh made for Milkshape. Could you describe the process you're using that is causing the file to become corrupt? You should be able to just edit the .smd you used and re-convert it to CLIP without it becoming corrupt. I'm not sure I'm understanding your meaning when you ask if it would be easier to make the male model taller via the pose.

Quote: Originally posted by Hygs
Hey just got a little question, like always xD
Ok so I've heard there's a way to delete certain keyframes and not from the whole body, I recently saw an animation where The talking animations work just like in game but the sim isn't standing but sitting. So my question is, How do you delete only like face keyframes or body keyframes and exchange them with a pose?? I've tried but I can't figure it out. NEED HELP PLEASE
There are sit and talk animations in Fullbuild and it's likely that this is what you saw.

What you're describing that you would like to create sounds like an overlay animation and, to the best of my knowledge, there is no easy way to make/play such a thing in Sims 3 since the players play only one CLIP at a time.

Milkshape has somewhat limited animation capabilities but it does have a drop down menu when you click Animate. On the menu you can choose Delete Keyframe, Copy Keyframe, Paste Keyframe, and Operate on Selected Joints Only.
Lab Assistant
#1371 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 2:47 AM
Thank you for replying.
Whenever I edit a pose too many times, it just stops changing after awhile when I re-package it and try it in game. It's rather annoying. And what I meant by making the male model taller....I mean in the pose itself, extend the skeleton, so that whoever uses the pose, the model will become taller...like in some of the horror poses that people have done....hope this makes sense...
Test Subject
#1372 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 4:31 PM
Hi guys!!

Im new on this forum. I have try milkshape it was amazing but when it come to save it say that i have to buy a license and i don' have money to spend on this so i've downloaded Blender and downloaded rigs for Blender and i get a disfigured model. Anyone can help me to fix this?

tkx
Test Subject
#1373 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 7:18 PM
For the Blender links, all of them say 404 not found. I'm a super noob at Blender so I was hoping someone has the working links for this so I can get started on a pose pack I need.
Test Subject
#1374 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 3:33 AM
It's just one @#$% obstacle after another I'm running into.

I hope someone can help me. I have downloaded Blender. I figured out how to install the add ons for .smd files, because it wasn't allowing install til I worked around it. Only now, when I follow the tutorial for how to export files for poses (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Pose_Creation), the file that is supposed to be there under the export menu (it says S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_.smd in the image) ISN'T THERE! Apparently I can only create the CLIP file to make the pose work if this .smd file is there, cause I have to select it, then it says to close blender and rename the file to S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_.smd, then copy the new file over the old?
Can someone help please?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1375 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dwt_kevin
Hi guys!!

Im new on this forum. I have try milkshape it was amazing but when it come to save it say that i have to buy a license and i don' have money to spend on this so i've downloaded Blender and downloaded rigs for Blender and i get a disfigured model. Anyone can help me to fix this?

tkx
For making poses and animations you're better off using Blender anyway so don't mourn Milkshape If you're getting a disfigured rig make sure you're using the rigs A provided for his CLIP Tool and that you have the right version of Blender for the version of the tools you're using. The link to his tool thread is posted below.

Quote: Originally posted by Iomai
For the Blender links, all of them say 404 not found. I'm a super noob at Blender so I was hoping someone has the working links for this so I can get started on a pose pack I need.
Thank you for pointing this out...Inge rearranged her servers a little and outdated all my Simlogical links I've fixed them in the first post and also pointed to A's Clip Tool download thread below.

Quote: Originally posted by SchitzophrenicPsycho
It's just one @#$% obstacle after another I'm running into.

I hope someone can help me. I have downloaded Blender. I figured out how to install the add ons for .smd files, because it wasn't allowing install til I worked around it. Only now, when I follow the tutorial for how to export files for poses (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Pose_Creation), the file that is supposed to be there under the export menu (it says S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_.smd in the image) ISN'T THERE! Apparently I can only create the CLIP file to make the pose work if this .smd file is there, cause I have to select it, then it says to close blender and rename the file to S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_.smd, then copy the new file over the old?
Can someone help please?
There is a more recent tool to use with Blender for making S3 poses with and it is posted at Simlogical. The link is below. This tool is much easier to use than AnimTool if you're using Blender and I no longer support the use of AnimTool with Blender for that reason. I've written a few tutorials for using this tool and the links to those are in my first post of this thread. One of the nice benefits of the new Blender tool is that you no longer have to use the .smd format to make poses with

The link to A's Clip Tool for Blender is here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=862.0
Page 55 of 58