Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 11:57 PM
Default Sims 2 Music on Nickelodeon?
OK I never post on these forums even though I've had my account for years so I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section since I have no idea what I'm doing. I just download and thank creators lol.
Anyway, I was over at my sister's house last night and my nephew was watching this cartoon on Nickelodeon called "Sanjay and Craig." A new episode came on and since I've been addicted to the Sims 2 since I was like 10, I whipped my head around and was like "THAT IS SIMS 2 MUSIC" I went home and looked up the episode and then loaded up TS2 and found the song. I tried to google "Sanjay and Craig Sims 2 music" and "Sanjay and Craig Diaper Dinks Sims" and nothing came up and it's bothering me that nobody is saying anything lol. Here are the links:

go to 0:29 http://www.cartoonextra.com/sanjay-...n-3-episode-14b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhd_ZaKrZQQ this is buy mode music from University.

IS THIS NOT THE EXACT SAME SONG? I'M LOSING MY MIND. I CAN'T ESCAPE THIS GAME.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:04 AM
Lol. It probably is.

I swear I hear sim's music in LOTS of things on TV though!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:13 AM
Well, I once heard a TS3 music in a documentary about apples apparently, these are some kind of 'stock' musics which can be sold to more than one company, or something of the like.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:18 AM
I believe that all sims 2 music are real songs set to simlish.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyeverlasting
Lol. It probably is.

I swear I hear sim's music in LOTS of things on TV though!

Really? I don't think I ever have before last night!
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
Well, I once heard a TS3 music in a documentary about apples apparently, these are some kind of 'stock' musics which can be sold to more than one company, or something of the like.

Hahaha. A documentary about apples sounds riveting!
That music from Uni sounds soooo "Sims" though! I just can't imagine it being made for anything else lol
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I believe that all sims 2 music are real songs set to simlish.

The song I was referencing in particular has no words. It's not one of the songs from the radio, it's just one of the instrumental ones from buy mode.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:53 AM
And author is Mark Mothersbaugh and cartoon does not give credit to him...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
And author is Mark Mothersbaugh and cartoon does not give credit to him...

Uh oh. Have I just started a lawsuit war? Hahaha
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:13 AM
I hear a LOT of Sims 3 music for different commercials and documentaries and such. I haven't heard much of TS2's music around, so this is kind of neat (It's definitely the same song.) I think @Azelanne is correct about the "stock music" thing.
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:45 AM
I think it's like that in every episode of the show because I started another one and the same song played. I have heard music from the Sims 3 before on TV but never the Sims 2.
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:58 AM
My brother was playing Roblox and knowing how much I like Sims 2 called me over.

Some strange gamer had started playing Sims 2 music (probably a hacker) and started angrily typing into chat that Sims 1 was fake and that the Sims 2 was the "real" original Sims game.

They left as suddenly as they had turned hostile. It was strange.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 9:22 AM
No real sims player would dis Sims 1.

I forgot about build& buy music, I always have it turned off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 11:08 AM
This kind of things really bothers me because in my opinion shows a totally lack of respect for other's work.
Was too hard to find a free-copyright music to fill that seconds of the cartoon? Or is still more unprofessional and means the person that picked that music didnt take the work to check if that was a free-copyright file?

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:22 PM
Or they are 12 and don't even know what a copyright is.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 1:42 PM
Nickelodon has probably bought the rights using the music, since for example in a commercial for Spongebob Squarepants there's music from The Sims Vacation (no, not that one you're all thinking of :P). If I recall correctly, it's pretty common for TV programs and networks to buy in sims soundtrack to use as background music for things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:26 PM
I totally didn't know other shows/commercials had Sims music in them. If anyone has any links I think that'd be really interesting since I thought I had some great find but really didn't lol
Alchemist
#16 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:05 PM
I used to see this commercial on TV sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcnflLCQgVw
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I used to see this commercial on TV sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcnflLCQgVw

Arch of the Sim! I guess build mode music fits pretty well with a flooring commercial haha