Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 4:59 AM
Default Hero to NPC babymaking question
Monarch has no problem making woohoo with NPCs but can't seem to make babies with them. He can make babies with other Heros. He has four kids, I'm trying for as many little Princes and Princesses as I can get. Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 5:19 AM
Would love to have this also heheheh
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 6:29 AM
uhh ok so how cn u amke a baby with a cheat?!..it's that ur question or what?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 7:08 AM
Apparently non-hero sims cannot become pregnant; this is how it appears to me anyway.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 7:19 AM
When I did the "New Gangs of Aarbyville" quest, I had my Bard marry the Queen of Hearts.

She has since had 2 children, a Boy and a Girl.

Not sure if she counts as a "Special" NPC since she was for a Quest, but she's definitely not one of my Heroes.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 7:27 AM
Or possibly because she is married? I was thinking along the lines of just messing around with the townie population, getting them pregnant. It doesn't seem to be possible for me to do this.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:01 PM
Maybe you're right and NPCs have to be married to a Hero to become pregnant, but both my monarch and my blacksmith married NPCs outside a quest and made them pregnant... well, that was before my game decided no one could have babies anymore, so I think there's is a bug or something with this.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 4:41 PM
It appears that our Heros can woo-hoo NPCs til the cows come home, but cannot get them pregnant. I had to give two of my female NPCs professions, thus turning them into heros, in order to get them pregnant. This was outside of any particular quest (i.e., in Free Time). I did notice that two of my female heros got pregnant by NPC males within a quest (Note: One was extracurricular, i.e., not being part of the quest, and the other was my physician "teaching" Ricky the Patient how to woo-hoo ). Haven't tried to impregnate a female NPC by a male hero within a quest yet to see if the opposite is true. I'm sure I won't have a problem finding volunteers!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 6:51 PM
Really? In my first game (before I installed the no-pregnancy mod) my blacksmith had a baby with Consort L..something. She got suddenly just dropped off a baby.. then left of course. :P
They were married at the time.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
Really? In my first game (before I installed the no-pregnancy mod) my blacksmith had a baby with Consort L..something. She got suddenly just dropped off a baby.. then left of course. :P
They were married at the time.

I believe that marriage to a hero also enables a NPC to get pregnant (reference the quest for an heir, for example).
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 12:50 PM
My female spy just got pregnant and had the baby together with this townie dude. This is a guy who just walked into the hood one day. I haven't made him into a hero, or made him playable, they are not married.

The guy's name is not in the list of the Iconic Townies, and he is certainly not one of the roleplayer sims. He is a randomly generated townie moved into the game, similar to Sims3 sims being randomly generated for immigration. I have others of these type of sims who are moved into my oldest game, some of them have that brown-green gooey colored hair which people see and despise in Sims3; this is a dead giveaway concerning their origin.

I have these sims moving into this hood because I use the Hologram mod and give the combat ability to various sims, then butcher them with the Knight or Spy or Monarch with the Duel to the Death choice. So I think this particular hood has used up all the finished sims, these same people we see again and again in new games.

You can say that this one pregnancy is not conclusive enough, but my conclusion is clear. These Immigration Townies are randomly created by the game in CaS, just like we create heroes in CaS; so they are similar types of sims. The finished sims have pregnancy disallowed somewhere, which is checked and changed (in the quest data somewhere) in the case of a Quest sim who is allowed to become pregnant. Simple.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 2:29 PM
In my experience, female NPCs don't get pregnant, or havenĀ“t in almost a month I have been playing. However, female heroes do get pregnant all the time with NPC males. I learned this the hard way with my first queen with the horny trait, who got three babies in no time.
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 3:53 PM
I can't speak for unmarried female NPCs, but I've had male Hero Sims with NPC female spouses, and they've all gotten pregnant outside a specific quest. To explain: When I'm running a quest with, say the Monarch - I sometimes Shift right-click a couple other heroes to play during the main Hero's long drawn out bits (like holding court, sailing to foreign lands, etc). Both my merchant's and bard's wives spawned their babies this way and neither had a profession, though one was a roleplaying NPC (Tredony ambassador). The other was Celia the Spinster - not sure if she counts as an Iconic Townie.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Man1968
However, female heroes do get pregnant all the time with NPC males. I learned this the hard way with my first queen with the horny trait, who got three babies in no time.

This female spy of mine could not become pregnant with these finished male sims, the ones in the game from the start whom everyone sees. I turned her into a real slut to try to find out if it was possible. It wasn't.

She's now pregnant with this other guy, a new guy with the brown-green goopy hair color.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 2:36 AM
My unmarried Spy (whose a little loose between the sheets ) got preggers twice with the Knight Elf... Once when she was the main hero I was controlling (he was NPC'ed at the time) and once when he was the main hero I was controlling (she was NPS'ed at the time) first time it was a boy, second time it was a girl... makes me think about the girl/boy, boy/girl thing in the other sims games.. dunno how true that is but anyway. She woohoo'ed with 5 other NPC random townies and didnt get knocked up, sooooo I dunno.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mermaidofthenile
She woohoo'ed with 5 other NPC random townies and didnt get knocked up, sooooo I dunno.

Lucky you... my female licentious knight had three children, all from different NPCs.
I think that female NPCs who are not part of the household (married) are "immune" to pregnancy,but did not really try to test it.
Female PCs, on the other hand, are not immune, even if inactive... My first Bard (licentious, again) impregnated each and every inactive female hero in the kingdom.
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 3:24 AM
I tried giving the NPC sim a Profession and then woo-hooed away... I got the prego music but didnt stay long enough to see if she had the baby.. One of them went to town and never came back. one was a builder and I saw her dead near the grave yard later .. sad .. I think if you give them a profession they will get pregers but dont know how it will turn out..
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 6:46 PM
It seems pretty simple to me: female non-heroes can get pregnant if they are married but not if they are not married. If they aren't married, they don't actually "live" anywhere and go sleep in a rabbithole. Since a sim must go home to give birth, she would give birth in a rabbithole which woudln't really work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
It seems pretty simple to me: female non-heroes can get pregnant if they are married but not if they are not married. If they aren't married, they don't actually "live" anywhere and go sleep in a rabbithole. Since a sim must go home to give birth, she would give birth in a rabbithole which woudln't really work.

Wow that makes a lot of sense. Okay, don't have game open right now, I seem to remember an "add to active household" option off one of the debug menus. If we added an npc to household, would she then be fertile?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th May 2011 at 11:42 PM
sooo this just happened NPC Blood Scholar Vladimir just knocked up my Active (unmarried) Sorceress, they made one ugly child LOL whats weird is i dont remember telling her to woohoo him lol
Instructor
#21 Old 4th May 2011 at 11:48 PM
I'm miffed about this. I want my male Heroes to be able to have kids with NPCs without getting hitched to them, because that isn't cool. Can the script that is causing this fertility blockade be removed? Is there any way to just make the female NPC go to the Hero's home to have the baby?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 4:57 PM
I want my King to stay unmarried for the Dynastic Marriage quest. But I want him to have children with his mistress. Has anyone figured out a way to make this happen?
I was wondering if adding her to an active household would work.
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 2:19 AM
I hope it's not such a bad thing to make another post to a thread that's died out, but as there was a recent post...Is this still an issue, really? I've been able to make my King have children with NPCs using both the original version of the game and after installing the patch. The female just went to the castle to have the baby, and left it there. It was no real problem, except for the fact that she didn't return to care for it.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:22 PM
Well I'm glad its no problem for you. But that doesn't help me. Maybe poor Jarrod is doomed to be childless.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:35 PM
Ok...I had him switch from Bard Rosamund to Shopkeeper Miriam and got a baby on the first try...so apparently there are randomly infertile NPC's that don't conceive even if you give them a profession.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Page 1 of 2