Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 3:31 PM
Neighborhood water viewed from lot mod?
Hello everyone
The title is kind of confusing I know, but here is my question:

When viewed from a lot, neighborhood water appears plain and ugly. On the other side, when viewed from a beach lot, it looks so much better (with the reflections, waves, etc...)
I want the water, when viewed from a normal lot, to appear as viewed from a beach lot.
I've been doing some research since I'm new to modding, but I'm guessing I'll need to fiddle around with the Materials (?) package and change the water shader script to the one extracted from BV? (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

The problem is, I don't really know much about shaders...Actually, I can't even get around finding the correct shader script from the material file

Any help (and I mean ANY) is appreciated
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 2:00 PM
guys dont you know a way for real? it would be a really good mod for a more realistic neighborhood
Site Helper
#3 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:39 PM
If someone knew how to do this, then they probably would have done it already.

Sometimes, you're just on your own, trying to do something which no one has done before.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:44 PM
Sorry for digging out this old thread but has anyone found a solution so far (2 years later)? The BV water looks really nice and using water surfaces in the hood isn't that perfect (especially if you have a beach lot)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 6:06 PM
Not sure if this is any help, but Niol enabled some shaders for use in lot pond water- the BV ocean shader is one.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=241878
I don't know if that is at all relevant to this or not!
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 10:03 PM
Thanks, but this is for the lot pond only right? I would love to see the beach lot's neighborhood water everywhere, even in normal lots

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=225473

This one changes the neighborhood water, as well as the water that appears in lots. However, when I choose the reflective one, the water outside of a lot just disappears. There's just a blue texture on the ground.
Theorist
#7 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:21 AM Last edited by DJ. : 7th Jan 2017 at 10:29 AM.
EDIT: Voeille made a mod that does just that.