Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 10:30 PM
okay this just happened and it annoyed me to the point I had to quit and exit without saving. a dog got stuck on the stairs and started blocking the servo so now he cant go up or down and then some genius sim decides to walk up the stairs only to get stuck as well. arrgggg I love the sims but sometimes their stupidity amazes me.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#52 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deryn
okay I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything, but I never understood why people would elect to get rid of some of the Sims quirky if not stupid behavior
It's quite obvious when you think about it. If the behavior enhances the game for an individual, then they won't want to get rid of it. However, if the behavior detracts from someone's enjoyment of the game, then they may elect to remove it.

Isn't that one of the wonderful things about the Sims? We can elect to play the game the way that we want.
Instructor
#53 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 11:42 PM
I find it hilarious when my Sim tells a dirty joke to every Sim they can find. It's kinda stupid how they keep telling Sims the same jokes that take off their relationship points...you'd think they would've learned by now that some Sims just don't like hearing those kind of off-color jokes...

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Scholar
#54 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 3:04 PM
The stupid things sims do- got a week and a half?

No really. There are sims around doing wierd/stupid things. The most annoying part is the "proffesional party guests" always steals the newspapers. Don't they have something better to do? (The fun part is that the pick up the paper, runs a few steps and the papers dissapears. But they hold there arm strigth out like there is still holding the paper and start running again). Just the pre made sims do that. If any of my sims reaches the top of the slacker career the don't go out and steal newspapers.

An other very annoying thing is that the sims always want to use the same computer to check there E-mails. Can't they seen that the computer is in use?

It's also more then disturbing that sims can have a hobbe whitout someone calling them and ask if they want a magazine. I really don't know what EA did think then they programmed that. If I have a hobby I can a magazine sent to me about that hobby but noone will call me and ask. All this telephonecalls take up a lot of time, my sims have better things to do.

That was my top 3 of stupid things sims do.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 9:26 PM
Just recently a child townie somehow got stuck between an armoire and the wall it was adjacent to.

I wonder how they manage to get themselves into these fixes!

At any rate I just went into Buy Mode, moved the armoire, and she was able to leave.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#56 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 9:37 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 12th Apr 2012 at 3:00 PM.
it bugs me that when when a serving platter is set infront of a sim sitting at a dinning table, that the sims have to get up in order to just "Grab a plate" or even a bowl.
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 10:08 PM
I hate it when I'm trying to get one sim to make dinner and for more run in the SMALL kitchen to do the same thing >:O
Mad Poster
#58 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 10:48 PM
Ah, the sims that trap themselves. I have one teen boy who ALWAYS, without fail, manages to get stuck when playing Don't Wake The Llama. I placed the game in the corner of a room and put four chairs around it. He'll get onto his chair from the open side just fine and play. Then he'll get off the chair on the other side so that he's trapped in the single free space in the corner, unable to climb over the chairs to freedom. Just this one boy. Every time. Even if he's playing on his own. One day I'll lose track of him and he will die in that corner from his own stupidity.

OK, he won't, because next time I run the game I'm putting all the chairs on walk-through slots. But only because I like him too much.
Instructor
#59 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 10:58 PM
My sims have a really stupid habit. When their bladder need for some reason is in the red they will run to the toilet and sit down, but instead of just doing their business they will stand up again, flush and finally pee on the floor . Then they will mourn the whole day over their accident.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 11:31 PM
Sims that stay in the hot tub when it's raining. That's all-time stupid. One time the Caliente sisters were at someone's party, they were in the hot tub, and Nina got struck by lightning and wound up wetting herself...and got the dreaded "Had Accident at Party" memory.

Another time there was a similar situation...Nina and Dina were in their hot tub, Nina got hit by lightning and wet herself, and Dina stood there and laughed at her.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#61 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 11:03 AM
I had added a hot spring to a lot and the sim invited a friend. The friend went outside (in the middle of the winter) and entered the hot spring (sorry if it's the wrong word) but she refused to came out. She just stayd there and become more and more sick from one minute to an other. The sim who lived on the lot could not ask the woman to leave, I tried that many times. In the middle of the night the woman finelly decided to leave but at that point she was so sick it took her half a week to cure.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 7:07 AM
What stupid things have my sims done? Well, put it this way: I'm not even sure where to begin! Here are just a few examples of my sims' less-than-intelligent choices/actions.

- One of my female sims gave birth to her twins outside....in the middle of winter when it was snowing and freezing out (incidentally, she then went on to give birth to her second set of twins in the bathroom. I guess she must have been a fan of unusual birthing locations!)! Luckily the father happened to be outside as well, so I had him rescue the first baby (whom the mother had, of course, put down in order to give birth to the second) from the snow and take him/her (the twins were boy/girl and I can't remember which one was born first) inside (and directed the mother to do the same with the second once she finished giving birth to him/her)!

- I've had several sims who seem to decide that their baby needs to be played with, cuddled, fed, etc. the second s/he has been placed in his/her crib. Usually I have to direct the parent to (after putting the baby back in the crib, of course) go do something else so that the poor kid can get some sleep!

- One of my female sims seems to have decided that, whenever her husband uses the toilet or takes a bath, she needs to do the same. So she runs into the same bathroom he just went into...and then acts shocked and annoyed when she finds that she can't use the toilet or bathtub because he's currently doing so! I'm like, "You know, there IS another bathroom you can use!" (the house has two bathrooms) Maybe she just likes seeing her husband (who, luckily for her, has been very patient with her behavior thus far!) in the buff (I have a hack that makes sims get naked when they use the toilet, so the husband is naked no matter which activity he's doing in the bathroom)?! Whatever the case may be, it's annoying as heck (although I have to admit that it also gives me some pretty good laughs)!

- One of my University sims decided to use the telescope for spying...on his own father!
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 1:21 PM Last edited by StrangeTownChick : 12th Apr 2012 at 1:45 PM.
Both my sister and I are doing the sit-back-and-watch challenge, so this should be FUN!
Anyway, here are the annoying things that happened only yesterday......

At first, everything was just like a normal autonomous sim day where everyone is stupid because of waiting in the bathroom for the toddler to be done bathing. as it went on, Sarah made a few dozen plates of hotdogs while the teenagers were jumping on the couch while they should be taking showers. A few hunger complaints later, the tub/shower broke, soon followed by the television. During some of that chaos, a neighbor cheerfully drops by and tips the trash can over, freeing hundreds of roaches. As one of the sims is very clean, they pick up the trash can and the trash. After that, the whole family decides to come out and meet the roaches by trying to squash them. The roaches replied by making them all sick. That night the teenagers suddenly decide they hate each other and break out in a few fights. My sister is now saying, "What a wonderful thing it is to let sims make their own choices."

Another excerpt from my novel on The Stupid Things Our Sims Do:
Sim logic works like this: We're just sleeping in the same room. Uh-oh, the toddler woke us up! What do we do??? Talk to your roommate, of course! What else?
-several hours later, one of them picks the toddler up- Oh, you wanted to get out of the crib? Well how was I supposed to know that????

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#64 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
Sims that stay in the hot tub when it's raining. That's all-time stupid. One time the Caliente sisters were at someone's party, they were in the hot tub, and Nina got struck by lightning and wound up wetting herself...and got the dreaded "Had Accident at Party" memory.

There's a Had an Accident at Party memory? <runs off to start up game>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#65 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Ah, the sims that trap themselves. I have one teen boy who ALWAYS, without fail, manages to get stuck when playing Don't Wake The Llama. I placed the game in the corner of a room and put four chairs around it. He'll get onto his chair from the open side just fine and play. Then he'll get off the chair on the other side so that he's trapped in the single free space in the corner, unable to climb over the chairs to freedom. Just this one boy. Every time. Even if he's playing on his own. One day I'll lose track of him and he will die in that corner from his own stupidity.

OK, he won't, because next time I run the game I'm putting all the chairs on walk-through slots. But only because I like him too much.

I usually put a plant or a table or something in that corner. Otherwise, they will inevitably get out of the chair and be trapped until they starve to death.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 10:25 PM
I just had the strangest simming experience in my life!
Okay, so I was playing my SBAW challenge family and I was outside. I thought I saw a person in the garbage can, so I zoomed in on it and it looked like there was nothing in there. Then all of a sudden, one of my CAS sims surfaced! She was from another family, and she was sitting in the garbage can. I was wondering why she was in there, when suddenly she picked something (it appeared to be an apple) out of the can, took a bite of it (!) and hopped out of the can without it in hand. She then proceeded to walk away like any other walk-by. Is this normal? Has anyone else seen this?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
Field Researcher
#67 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 11:46 PM
@FemGamerPlayer - There is a narrow slice of time between putting a baby or toddler in the crib, and the kid being marked as asleep. And yes everyone chooses that moment to rush over and mess with the kid. It's on my giant list of stuff to fix someday.

@StrangeTownChick - Was the sim a child? Children who eat out of the garbage can will jump inside. If it wasn't a child, perhaps the game mistakenly thinks it's a child.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#68 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
@FemGamerPlayer - There is a narrow slice of time between putting a baby or toddler in the crib, and the kid being marked as asleep. And yes everyone chooses that moment to rush over and mess with the kid. It's on my giant list of stuff to fix someday.

Doesn't Pescado's nobabyharrasment do the job or do you want to make your own version?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
@StrangeTownChick - Was the sim a child? Children who eat out of the garbage can will jump inside. If it wasn't a child, perhaps the game mistakenly thinks it's a child.

Yes it was a child. I've just never seen this before, and kind of thought it was odd.I didn't know kids could just walk onto your lot and eat out of your garbage can.

Field Researcher
#70 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Doesn't Pescado's nobabyharrasment do the job or do you want to make your own version?

It might but I don't use it. I've reached the point that I almost never download other people's mods anymore. I'd rather do it myself so I know there aren't any undocumented features sneaking in.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Instructor
#71 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 6:42 PM
It's frustrating dling one mod and another you like stops working. Would be handy to do it all yourself cause I figure you'd have a better chance of getting them to work together. I have a lot of mods and I don't even know what half of them do lol. I wondered why Mr Humble didn't show up anymore.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 7:03 PM
Don Lothario is a serial offender of this one- my female sim calls him for a booty call, and hes all like "oh can i bring a friend too?" I accidently pressed yes, and who does he bring. . HIS WIFE. Idiot.

And the most annoying/stupid thing of them all is the kids hiding their homework -_- no Alexander i didnt know you put your homework behind a gravestone :/
Mad Poster
#73 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shoo_flee
And the most annoying/stupid thing of them all is the kids hiding their homework -_- no Alexander i didnt know you put your homework behind a gravestone :/

You need this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312004
Instructor
#74 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
An other very annoying thing is that the sims always want to use the same computer to check there E-mails. Can't they seen that the computer is in use?

Here is a computer fixer: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....=13.msg17#msg17
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 7:56 PM
One of my familys are catchs fire spontaneously, when they are picking up the news paper. It happen evry morning.
Page 3 of 8