Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:00 PM
Facial deformities after youth elixir
My sim just drank one of those elixirs that makes you restart the age cycle from the first day as a YA. She was already a YA when she drank it, so there wasn't much change, but what happened was first that her hairstyle changed and she lost her eyebrows (they were both CC). When I went to the mirror to fix it, I noticed that her face was slightly deformed. The top lip and one of the eyes looked a little glitched, and the nasolabial folds she never even had are also a little glitched so she looks somewhat old and wrinkly. I used mods to enter CAS to see if I could fix it, but nothing changed. What happened, and how can I fix it? I wouldn't want to quit the game without saving to try again, because it's been a while since I saved so I'd lose a lot of game progress. It's not the end of the world, it's not too obvious, but if it's possible to fix it I'd really like to. Also, her husband drank the elixir at the same time and nothing odd happened to him, only her. Any ideas?

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:10 PM
In case you need to see what it looks like, I'll see if I can get a picture to work...

EDIT: Just so you know, the lips are not caused by the lipstick, I tried to remove it when I was in CAS and the lips themselves looked the same underneath.

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:39 PM
it happens sometimes, however - mostly while real age transition (kid->teen, teen->YA etc.) In most cases entering CAS (no need to change anything) and quitting solves the problem - sim is properly rebuilded.

Try to force rebuilding within CAS if standard "resetsim" method is not working - if you use MC go into "Edit in CAS" (or use testingcheatsenabled) change while in CAS age state (YA into teen for example) and then back (teen into YA). That should work.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Alchemist
#5 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 6:31 AM
1. The part under her eye looks like the CC eyeliner/shadow left a little space between the top of the eyelid and the eyeliner part. Try a different eyeliner/shadow.

2. Facial structure may be due to slider use. Kids may look OK as teens or younger, but absolutely awful as adults. You'll need to adjust their faces.

3. If you're getting a "crumpled" face and you're sure sliders and CC are not the cause, go to the Body Hair tab. Select and deselect one of the hairs in the Back Hair section.

4. Have you tried removing each bit of CC on her one at a time? Those earrings may as well be the cause.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
looks like a little mustache.

i'm sleep deprived and this made me lose my shit
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
1. The part under her eye looks like the CC eyeliner/shadow left a little space between the top of the eyelid and the eyeliner part. Try a different eyeliner/shadow.

2. Facial structure may be due to slider use. Kids may look OK as teens or younger, but absolutely awful as adults. You'll need to adjust their faces.

3. If you're getting a "crumpled" face and you're sure sliders and CC are not the cause, go to the Body Hair tab. Select and deselect one of the hairs in the Back Hair section.

4. Have you tried removing each bit of CC on her one at a time? Those earrings may as well be the cause.

I'm not sure if those things could be the problem, since she looked just fine until she used the elixir. She didn't skip between ages (I created her as a YA and she's never aged up or down), just "refreshed" her current age and postponed aging up. I could try some of those things you suggested, but I don't see why it would make a difference since it worked before. Oh, and I'm not sure if the eyeliner comment was a side note or if it was about her messed up face, but either way it's meant to look like that The little gap is not a glitch or anything, it's just the style of the eyeliner. The thing I'm pointing at is a deformity in the eye itself, which only occurs on one side (and for some reason only shows up in CAS, if you look at the in-game picture the eye looks fine)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 5:20 PM
Holy hell, I fixed it! I did what sweetdevil said, I forced her into CAS (usng MasterController) and added body hair, which I then immediately removed, and when I went back to the game it looked normal again! I have no idea about how that worked, but I'm just glad it's fixed. Thank you SO so much!

Alchemist
#9 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 8:08 PM
@Kithie - sorry, I assumed you meant the space between the top of her eyelid and the eyeliner (I can't see the glitch, the eye looks normal to me).

Good to know the body hair thing fixed it For some reason a specific body hair that came with Supernatural is throwing this glitch for me (NOT CC), including making eyebrows disappear, making eyelashes look longer, and adding random little squares to sims' faces.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!