Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 11:47 AM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Mar 2007 at 11:10 PM.
CEP Updates Notification Thread
C.E.P. UPDATES NOTIFICATION THREAD

This thread's purpose is only one: alert anyone interested when a new version, or an update of the CEP is posted on the Official CEP Thread.

You won't find here anything that is not posted on the official thread.

In order to activate the notification for the CEP updates, suscribe to this thread (either with or without additional email notification): you can do it by clicking on "Thread Tool" (in the upper-right corner) and choosing "Subscribe to this thread".

Every time a relevant change occurs in the official CEP thread, I'll post a note here, triggering the chosen notification for all the subscriber.

-- Numenor

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
213 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 11:51 AM
29 JAN 2006 - CEP v. 3.3b has been released.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 1:14 AM Last edited by Numenor : 14th Mar 2006 at 10:49 PM.
14 MAR 2006 - CEP v. 4.0 (Open for Business) has been released!

You can download it from the Official CEP Page.

Read the CEP Licence Agreement on Post #2

Read the CEP News & Details on Post #3

Read the CEP Frequently Asked Questions on Post #4

If you want to be sure not to miss a CEP update, subscribe to the CEP Updates Notification Thread

If you like this enhancement for your Sims2 game, consider to make a DONATION to either Numenor Moddings or ModTheSims2

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 10:47 PM
LATEST NEWS
14mar06 - The CEP for MacOS X users are now available
14mar06 - The new CEP4 icon set is ready
14mar06 - The official URL for the CEP page is: cep.modthesims2.com

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 1:49 AM
Default CEP UPDATE! (Well, sort of... :P )
CEP UPDATE! (Well, sort of... )

17 APR 2006 - CEP v. 4.1 (Family Fun Stuff) released
This time, Maxis made an excellent work with the recolours: almost ALL the objects in the FFS were already recolourable at full extent.
Therefore, I could only add ONE object to the CEP (the jelly-fish table lamp) :p
Not much of an update, then; but it would have been a pity to leave out that lamp....

The latest CEP, as usual, can be found at the official CEP page:
http://cep.modthesims2.com

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 12:47 AM
Default Cep Update!
14 SEPT 2006 - CEP v. 4.2 (Glamour + Radiance) released
This update contains several interesting features:
  • New recolourable items - Four paintings from Glamour Life have been colour-enabled; moreover, the two dishwashers from the base game have a new recolourable part: the interior (that includes dishes, buttons and dials).
  • FIX for the Luxury Table Lamp that cames with Glamour - Just like the old Tulip Lamp from the base game, the Luxury lamp suffers for a bug that prevents the catalog to correctly show all the colour options; sometimes the base is not recolourable, sometimes the shade, sometimes the decoration around the base (at random). With the CEP 4.2 the Luxury lamp works fine: the decoration of the base changes colour according to the base itself, and the shade has its own colour options.
  • Built-in Radiance Lighting Mod (by GunMod) - In order to ensure the maximum compatibility between the custom light support provided by the CEP and the Radiance Lighting Mod, I've decided to merge the two mods in the same installer; obviously, this is the CEP installer, and therefore you can install the Radiance only in addition to the CEP. Of course, you can install the CEP only, if you're not interested in the Radiance. Read about the Radiance v.2.1 here and about the Radiance v. 2.2 here.
  • CEP Documention updated - Now the documentation includes a full list of the Glamour objects.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:37 PM
Default For MacOS X (Apple) users
Good news for the Mac users!

18 SEPT 2006 - Not only the CEP has been updated to v. 4.2 for Mac users, too, but from now on, the newest CEP version will be available for Windows and Mac users at the same time!

After some testing with a kind Mac simmer (thanks Flameflash!), we have proved that the CEP packages work fine in a Mac game, too, without any specific modification.

Therefore, the main CEP thread and the FAQ page have been updated to include instruction for Mac users (manual installation only, sorry...).

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:06 AM
Default Minor update
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
26 SEPT 2006 - The support from the custom lights and the Radiance mod have been stripped from the CEP installer. Now the CEP is again the CEP only - The stripped functions are now part of the new SCRIPTORIUM.
No change have been made to the CEP itself, in this release.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 11:29 AM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Mar 2007 at 11:09 PM.
Default Cep Update!
01 NOV 2006 - CEP v.5.0 (Pets) RELEASED!

Download it from http://cep.modthesims2.com

• 22 new objects from the Pets EP have been colour enabled; for some of these objects, the CEP adds a second recolourable part to the one originally made recolourable by Maxis. Read the CEP Documentation to know in details which objects are colour-enabled or enhanced by the CEP.

• The FIX for the "Way Coolinary" counter island (from University EP) has been included in the CEP; if you have downloaded the original Fix from this thread, please remove the (now useless) file "Numenor_FIX-for-GroovyCounterIsland.package" from your Downloads.

• The FIX for the "Pampered Sounds Stereo" (from Glamour) has been included in the CEP; if you have downloaded the original Fix from this thread please remove the (now useless) file "Numenor_GlobalMod_GlamourStereoFix.package" from your Downloads.

• A completely new and more complete icon set has been created by MaryLou and myself.

• The CEP documentation has been updated to reflect the new additions and fixes.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Mar 2007 at 11:09 PM.
11 NOV 2006 - CEP v.5.0b: Minor update
Included working fix for the "flashing purple" Glamour stereo.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 11:08 PM
LATEST NEWS
10 Mar 2007 - CEP v. 6.0 released (Windows and MAC users)

Download the new CEP from the CEP official page

10 MAR 2007 - CEP v.6.0 (Seasons and all previous games) released
  • 41 new objects from the Seasons EP have been colour enabled; for some of these objects, the CEP adds a second recolourable part to the one originally made recolourable by Maxis. Read the CEP Documentation to know in details which objects are colour-enabled or enhanced by the CEP.
  • The FIX for the "Fat City" counter (from Nightlife) has been included in the CEP; if you have downloaded the original Fix from this thread, please remove the (now useless) file "Numenor_FIX-for-FatCityCounter.package" from your Downloads.
  • Included in this CEP also a FIX for the Hot Chocolate Maker: now it's recolourable and also includes a "Lost&Found" snowy white recolour abandoned by Maxis.
  • Better integration with the BaseGameStarter: if the CEP installer detects multiple mini-game created by the BaseGameStarter v. 1.3 (or newer), it will update the CEP in all of them.
  • The official icon set has been updated to v.6 by MaryLou.
  • The CEP documentation has been updated to reflect the new additions and fixes.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 2:50 PM
23 MAR 2007 - CEP v.6.0b (Bugfix + BGS integration)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the default "Neutatlantic" colour for the Seasons' coat rack to appear in catalog.
  • Improved integration with older BaseGameStarter installations: until now, if you installed the BGS while the CEP was not installed, the subsequent CEP installation would not copy the CEP files in the mini-games; now the CEP installer can detect if the mini-games exist, and copy the CEP files even if they are not already existing in the mini-games.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 2:12 AM
Default CEP Update!
LATEST NEWS
06 Oct 2007 - CEP v. 7.0 released (Windows and MAC users)

06 OCT 2007 - CEP v.7.0 (Bon Voyage + SP + Fixes)
  • Added 26 new objects from Bon Voyage and - by request - 8 objects from the minor stuff packs (Celebration, H&M, Xmas 2005 and Festive 2006); for some of these objects, the CEP adds a second recolourable part to the one originally made recolourable by Maxis. Read the CEP Documentation to know in details which objects are colour-enabled or enhanced by the CEP. My favourites? The Pirates Ship and the Oriental Food Stand (with recolourable stools: see Recolour Instructions) And the objects from the Stuff Packs aren't bad, either, especially the Christmas pine
    ClickMe ClickMe ClickMe
  • The installer now takes care of all the existing games created with the AnyGameStarter and BaseGameStarter.
  • Included in the CEP an important FIX for the "OpenME Wide Window"(from NL), created by by MaryLou to restore the missing light. Read about this fix in this thread; if you have installed that fix, the CEP installer will automatically hunt for the (now useless) package "ML_OpenMe2Tile_GLOBAL-LIGHT-FIXED.package" and delete it.
    ClickMe
  • Included also a FIX for the "Atomic" Ceiling Lamp (from Pets): just like the table lamp fixed in CEP 5.0, the inner bulb never went off; this fix solves the problem. Thanks to Havelock for pointing out this glitch.
    ClickMe
  • Included the FIX for the "Night Club" counter, island and bar (from NL): the countertop was not recolourable and always used the same colour. Read about this fix in this thread; if you have installed that fix, the CEP installer will automatically hunt for the (now useless) package "Numenor_GLOBAL-FIX_NightClubCounter+Island+Bar.package" and delete it.
    ClickMe
  • The installer will also search in all your Downloads (including the ones that you copied in the mini-game) for outdated/erroneous CEP files, and for the older stand-alone fixes that are now included in the CEP; and will delete them all, so to prevent conflicts.
  • Lastly, the Toilet Stall (from the base game) has been fixed again: Bon Voyage has enabled the recolours for the external stall, but in a way that broke all the existing recolours. Installing the CEP, the Toilet Stall will be still recolourable (with or without BV), and the 4 recolours provided by BV will be available in any game; all the existing recolours will still work fine, in any game (including BV).
    The CEP fixes also an animation problem introduced in BV: the sims, instead of lifting the seat, "lift" the cover (that is already open), with awful results.
    Moreover, MaryLou has completely remapped the toilet stall: not only the toilet is now easier to recolour, but all the existing recolours automatically will look much better!
    ClickMe
  • The CEP Documentation has been updated: I've added all the objects from BV (including the Maxis-recolourable ones) and the selected objects from the SP that were included in the CEP; plus, all the pages now show in yellow the objects that have been fixed with the CEP (since the beginning), with a brief description of the fixed problem.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 4:38 PM
LATEST NEWS
06 Oct 2007 (few hours later) - CEP v. 7.0b released (Windows and MAC users)

06 OCT 2007 - CEP v.7.0b (More SP objects!)
  • Due to the requests, I've added 14 more objects from the Xmas/Festive Packs and 2 more from Celebration; counting these last additions, all the possible objects from CEL, H&M, Xmas05 e Fest06 have been included in the CEP. Unless I've forgotten something, the remaining objects are not recolourable. Read the CEP Documentation to know which objects are colour-enabled or enhanced by the CEP.
    ClickMe ClickMe
  • Updated the "Other SP and Add-Ons" page of the Documentation.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 12:38 AM
NEWS and UPDATES to the CEP packages

Download the latest CEP at http://cep.modthesims2.com

26 DEC 2007 - CEP v.7.0c (More Holiday objects + Fixes)
  • Table Lamp "Whodunnit" (BaseGame) - The base is now recolourable
  • 9 more objects from the Holiday 05/06 Add-ons - These objects were originally part of the "HolidayCEP" by Heather Castillo at SimFreaks2.com. NOTE: the HolidayCEP is now useless, and should be removed; if you use the CEP installer, it will remove the unneeded files automatically.
  • Included 5 more FIXES for Maxis objects:
    ClickMe ClickMe ClickMe ClickMe
    • "Club" table lamp (BaseGame) - See 1st picture, above: fixed a bug that caused the shade to never actually lit up; also, the base is now recolourable, and 3 more 'lost' Maxis colors has been retrieved.
    • "Groovy" dresser (University) - See 2nd picture, above: retrieved several 'lost' Maxis colours for the main body.
    • "Milano Royale" table (BaseGame) - See 3rd picture, above: the metal support is now fully recolourable (not only the round part), so that it mathces the chair colours.
    • Chessboard (BaseGame) - See 4th picture, above: the "board" is now part of the main body and can be recoloured at once; this retrieved the 3 'lost' Maxis recolours that originally came with the different feet. NOTE: all the existing recolouors will still wok perfectly; only difference, you will have to choose only one icon in the catalog, and you'll get the whole chessboard (board+foot) recoloured at once.
    • "CounterLocker" counter (University) - (No picture provided): Fixed a bug that made the counter revert to the default colour when dirty. This counter was seriously messed up: it contained 48 MMATs, 24 of which so badly made that the recolours couldn't work, and 12 more completely useless; now the bad/useless MMATs have been removed and the counter should work fine.
  • Updated the "BaseGame" and "Other SP and Add-Ons" pages of the Documentation.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 11:44 PM

31 DEC 2007 - CEP v.7.0d (Bugfix)
  • Chessboard (BaseGame) - Fixed a bug that caused lots containing chessboards to crash while loading.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Numenor : 18th May 2008 at 10:15 PM.

03 APR 2008 - CEP v.8.0 (FreeTime)
>>> New CEP, New Thread, New Installer <<<

• Added 50 new objects from FreeTime.
  • Many "fixes" and special improvements have been regrouped in the 15 CEP EXTRA components: the user can freely choose which ones to install; the CEP EXTRA included in CEP v.8.0 affect 23 objects in total, and include the long-awaited recolourable Videogame Console. Read the details in the included "CEP EXTRA Documentation" (installed along with the CEP).
  • The CEP Documentation has been updated and improved. It includes the Special Recolour Instructions and the CEP EXTRA Documentation (recommended for everyone), a full list of all the Maxis objects (recommended for creators), and the CEP FAQ (read them before asking... )
  • Official Icon Set by MaryLou updated to v.8.

The official CEP thread has been cleaned up, removin all the old posts regarding the CEP up to v. 7.0d, that have been archived here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=280365

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th May 2008 at 10:14 PM Last edited by Numenor : 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:06 PM.

18 MAY 2008 - CEP v.8.1 (Kitchen & Bath + more EXTRAS and additions)
  • Added 7 new objects from Kitchen&Bath, the "gothic chair" from TeenStyle, the Nectar Bar and the Violin from FreeTime.
  • FIXED (via a CEP Extra) the conflict related to the Toy Oven: all the old recolours will work again, even after installing K&B; moreover, the 4 new colours that come with K&B are now available for all games.
  • FIXED the bug that caused the TalkTime Phones to disappear.
  • FIXED (hopefully! ) the bug that caused some lot containing pool lights to crash when loading.
  • FIXED (via a CEP Extra) a Maxis bug that caused the Garden Rocks from FreeTime to override the ones from Season: now all the 4 rocks are available in catalog.
  • FIXED the problem of the default Maxis colour being deletable because marked with the CC asterisk.
  • FIXED a recolourability problem related to the Food Processor from FreeTime.
  • New EXTRA released to restore the 2-story Concrete Column (OFB) wiped off by FreeTime.
  • New EXTRA released to make recolourable the plumbing in the Cheap Shower-Tub (BaseGame).
  • REMOVED the Koi Pond (career prize from FT) due to incompatibility with the snow.
  • UPDATED the Documentation, that now includes all the FreeTime objects and selected K&B objects.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:08 PM
Default Update

23 SEPT 2008 - CEP v.9.0 (FIXES, EXTRAS and few AL objects)
NOTE: this is an early update, needed to fix some recolouring problems that AL introduced in the game. This release contains only few objects from AL: a new update, containing all the objects from AL and IKEA, and with the updated documentation, will be posted in the near future.

• Improved installer and BUGFIX: now the installer checks the expansions installed in the game, and hides the Extras that are unneeded or anyway should not be installed without the required EPs; from now on, for example, the infamous "Garden Rocks" extra can't be installed any more without the proper EP configuration (no more crashes!)
  • Updated the Phones extra to work correctly with AL: now the phones will create the right handset (and not the one from the base game).
  • Updated the Teddy Bear extra to work with AL: now the Teddy Bears are recolourable again, will wear out, and won't cause error messages any more.
  • CEP-EXTRA: fix for the OFB windows: The 'International' windows set, originally shipped with OFB was broken down by AL; with this Extra, all the old recolours will still work in AL. IMPORTANT: after installing this CEP-EXTRA, you will not need any more the Window Fix by Fat D (LINK). The installer should automatically search for it in your Downloads and delete the related files; however, please check yourself and delete any file named "fatd-windowfix-...package" found in your Downloads.
    Thanks to Fat D for pointing me out the problem, and for... not being angry with me for including the same fix in the CEP
  • CEP-EXTRA: fix for the 'Club' Commercial Corner Counter (base-game): I've included in the CEP the fix created by Havelock that restores the correct colour for the internal border of the corner.
  • FIX for the Dynasty Dresser (base game): after AL added some slots to it, it became not recolourable; this fix re-enables the colours without breaking the new slots. Thanks to Lord Darcy for reporting.
  • FIX for the Outdoor Trashcan (base game): when playing with graphic settings to low, the trashcan became not recolourable; problem solved.
  • FIX for the 'Gearhead' Pool Table (AL): the smart people at EAxis tried to enable the colour options for three subsets, resulting in a loss of recolourablility on one of them, at random. Now, the "leather" subset is slave of the "wood", and problem is solved.
  • FIX for the 'Bohemian' Architectural set: the entire set was supposed to borrow the recolours fromo a non-existing object, thus resulting entirely not recolourable. Now the whole set (9 pieces) grab the colour from the right piece, which re-enabled the recolours and restored 2 'lost' Maxis recolours.
  • Moreover, 7 object from AL have been colour-enabled: Aquarium (base and fishes), Heart bed (frame), Tech bookcase (objects on shelves), 'Secret Door' large and small bookcases (books), Wall Shelf 1x1 (supports) and Bohemian door (metal designs). More objects will be added in the next CEP v. 9.1.
  • Last but not least, there's a new icon set: this time I decided to create it by myself, so blame ME if you don't like it!

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:12 AM
Default Update

09 NOV 2008 - CEP v.9.1 (More FIXES and EXTRAS)
NOTE: this is an early update that contains only few objects from AL: a new update, containing all the remaining objects from AL and IKEA, and with the updated documentation, will be posted in the near future.

[Click on the thumbnails to enlarge]
  • EXTRA - Bohemian Architectural Set - Fixed and improved (by Havelock): the bug affecting CEP 9.0, that messed up the textures of the Bohemian set, has been fixed; the diagonals for the belt and corniche have been extracted and added to the set (automatic placement on diagonal walls).
  • EXTRA - Club counters - Improved (by Havelock): the same problem affecting the corner of the commercial 'Club' counter (top border of the wrong colour, fixed in CEP 9.0) affected also the residential counters and islands; now the entire 'Club' set can have the top border matching the finish.
  • EXTRA - Bohemian double bed - 'Lost' drapes: this CEP-Extra restores the upper and lower drapes of the Bohemian bed, making them recolourable along with the frame; the Extra provides matching drapes for all the 3 Maxis frame colours.
  • EXTRA - Witches lamps - Fixed + 'lost' colours: This Extra fixes the lit/unlit state for several Witches lamps; for the evil floor lamp, 2 'lost' colours have been restored.
  • FIX - Good Witch Throne - 'Lost' colours: the Throne has been made recolourable, and 2 'lost' recolours have been restored.
  • FIX - 'Security' gates and 2-tile Closets - Fixed wallmasks (by Havelock): fixed the 1-tile Security gate, the 2-tile diagonal Security gate and the 2-tile dressing closets that didn't cut the right hole in the wall.
  • FIX - Witch Cauldron - Recolourable: the witch cauldron is now recolourable (only the metal pot, NOT the boiling liquid).
IMPORTANT - All the Witches objects can only be recoloured in game using the Design tool (because these objects don't appear in catalog.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th May 2009 at 11:44 PM
Default The long-awaited CEP update is here! :)

15 MAY 2009 - CEP v.9.2.0 (Final update for AL + more 'stuff pack' objects)
This is the last major update of the CEP; of course, if users will find bugs, or will ask to include some objects that I may have left out, I will release a minor update.

Compared to previous v. 9.1, this update contains:
  • the latest version of the CEP Extra related to the Bohemian Architecture set by Havelock: now it includes the diagonals, and the ability to shift vertically all the straight and diagonal pieces (upper and lower ones);
  • 23 new objects from Apartment Life (including the spell ingredients, the TV's, the trash chute and many others);
  • an update to the 4 skating rinks from Seasons (now the ground is recolourable, too);
  • the requested Judging Table from FreeTime; before you ask, NO, the ribbon can't be recoloured...;
  • 5 new objects from Kitchen & Bathroom (requested by the users);
  • 19 objects from the IKEA stuff pack, including the Expedit TV requested by Lord Darcy;
  • 13 objects from Mansion & Garden (including a 'lost' recolour for the 'Freezer Bunny' sculpture);
  • fully updated documentation (both the CEP Object List and the CEP-Extra Documentation).
Plus, the installer now can check online for updates, and redirect the user to the official CEP thread (this one) if needed; this online check is optional and can deactivated.

Locked thread