Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 12:03 AM
Default Wcif: Autonomy mod?
So I just started playing Sims 2 on the pc, when I was little and it was new, I only had GameCube versions and, I'm honestly loving ts2. The only thing is, I'm one of those players where, I just want to control one sim and have the others take care of themselves. I've noticed however in this game you have to micromanage your entire household or they'll all die. I just don't find pausing the game, queuing tasks for everyone, unpausing for a few minutes to see if they all actually do what I queued, then repeating, fun. But if you don't, your other household members will just play video games or chess or something and ignore the fact that they haven't eaten in 2 days or that they're extremely sleep deprived. Sorry that's just a little too realistic for me. SO are there any mods that change the autonomy to have the other Sims actually take care of themselves? Thanks
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 12:19 AM
Plenty of people play fairly hands off without sims dying. The only thing that will cause a sim to die is hunger or accident. All you really need do is make a couple of meals per day, have the sim who made it call everyone to meal and make sure they all come to eat and are full. Meals will be more filling if you use a better stove, use fresh produce such as grown plants or caught fish. The rest you can leave up to sims letting them do whatever they want. Also make sure under perks that all need perks are ticked, so slower hunger, bladder, social and hygiene and comfort.

There is some macrotastic mod by pescado, although I don't know fully what it does since I don't use it. I think you can set it so they go to bed or the bathroom more often. I could be wrong about that. I know he does have a bathroom uses you mod that makes sims run to the bathroom. Again I don't use it since I don't want sims running to the bathroom. I tried it and they can get in a loop of using the toilet, taking a bath, using the toilet.

Another tip is not to have any highly coded objects on your lots. The exercise bike is strongly coded to make sims stay and use it and they can drop dead from it. Video games has a stronger draw then say a bookshelf.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 5:10 AM
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 5:54 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 28th Nov 2016 at 6:10 AM. Reason: thought of something to add
I use Pescado's macrotastics all the time with most of its addons, although I rarely use bathroomusesyou anymore unless I have a large household since it doesn't allow sims to autonomously bathe, shower or clean the fixtures. (Unlike Pescado, I play with free will turned on.)

You didn't say what version of TS2 you're playing. If you have only the base game, there may not be a version of this available for you. I only see this in his folders for University and later.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/

The add-ons are as follows (I think I remembered all of them):

EDITED TO ADD: You might also be interested in Pescado's Autonomy Controller. Again, I don't know if this will work if you only have the base game.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12761.0.html

This will allow you to ban sims from using specific objects on their own. It takes a bit of getting used to, so try it out first on some test sims. The sim must first be using the object you want to ban (for example, playing games on a computer). Self-click on the selected sim and choose "Autonomy..."

You can choose to ban the activity for just that sim, his/her family members, anyone on that lot, or globally (not sure whether this means the entire game or just this neighborhood). You can add a proscription (ban) or an exemption (if you want someone to be immune to the ban). You can ban by category or by GUID (ban use of all computers or just this specific type of computer).

You can also click on any sim on the lot (yours, visitors, etc.), click "Autonomy..." and turn free will on or off for each individual sim on the lot. Note that I have never used this feature, so I can't tell you much about it.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 10:39 AM
I have quite a few hacks, mostly essential bug fixes, acr and stuff like that. However, I've played an asylum and managed to keep all my sims alive, and the only behavioural tweak I really have that would affect their survival is BO's Food Dish Autonomy, which allows them to put leftovers away autonomously. Oh and TwoJeff's Caged Pet Fixes, to prevent my parrot from starving to death while I redecorate! (OK not an adult sim, but still...).

Some sims are naturally better than others at taking care of themselves. Put Ophelia Nigmos in front of a buffet, and she'll still complain about being hungry. Grab a plate, girl! While Patrizio Monty, on the other hand, finds it funny to cook lobster autonomously, even though I give him the evil eye whenever I catch him doing so. Sims behave better if you train them -- tell them to make the bed a couple of times, teach them to cook, etc; but overall, I find them pretty resilient and clever. I rarely control more than one sim at a time, and pretty loosely at that, although I'll sometimes pose the game to, say, send one prepare a meal while another reads a non-autonomous book (firefighting, parenting etc).

You'll rarely find computers in my households, though. They're just too addictive, and especially dangerous for Fortune sims.

ETA: Oh, about training! When Ripp Grunt went to college, I was on his back a lot because he kept splattering water when showering -- so I kept telling him to mop up, and he'd look up at me the way sims do and complain to me, but then would mop up anyway because I'm the boss of him, eh. Then one happy morning, he drowned the bathroom again, and before I could do anything, he turned around, complained about me being a heartless tyrant, and... mopped up... autonomously...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 5:50 PM
Hey thanks everyone! For what it's worth I have all the eps/sps so no need to worry about incompatiblity. I'll definitely check out some of those mods and then follow your guys' tips thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicshadow_
if you don't, your other household members will just play video games or chess or something and ignore the fact that they haven't eaten in 2 days or that they're extremely sleep deprived.

I find that in my game that only happens when I'm the one who direct a sim to do some activity (mostly skilling). If I do, they will keep on it ultil they're exhausted, otherwise when they autonomously choose to do an activity they are pretty decent at taking care of themselves when they have to.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 10:27 PM
Sims do vary in how well they take care of themselves. In one challenge I did where you had a 'bad apple' (a sim who you couldn't see needs and could only give 8 commands per day) my first bad apple loved to eat, she would arrive at every meal and eat at least two plates and was as fat as a sim could get. She also used the bathroom well and only ever peed on the floor twice her whole life, once as a kid and once while pregnant- yep she was voted as heir and went through 3 pregnancies still on only 8 commands per day and no viewing of her needs. I would simply call household to meal and she would come and eat. Often she would come and sit and wait for food without being called. Her son (second bad apple) though was always complaining of being hungry.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
You need this: http://www.cyjon.net/node/536

There's so many amazing mods here thank you for posting this!!!