Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 10:38 AM Last edited by RockStarDrunk : 12th Dec 2016 at 9:05 AM. Reason: Found
Default Party Gift Mod & Functional TS3 Car Conversions
I'm looking for a mod that allows wedding party guests to leave gifts/money or a baby shower mod that allows guests to leave gifts/money. I'm also wondering if anyone's successfully converted a functional (non-deco) TS3 car. I do have the repair and functional TS3 fixer upper from Roaring Heights, so at least I know it can be done. I have all EPs and SPs.

Any info is appreciated, including but not limited to any advice or pointers on how to go about doing this myself.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:31 PM
I simply make them selectable and use the give gift option.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:51 PM
if you don't have OFB, there are some gifts over at Paladin's palace (Simwardrobe) that chooses a gift for the appropriate setting (there's one for toddlers, one for adults in 3 price categories with things to the house, and one with OFB toys if you have OFB). If you buy and put them in the inventory of the "giving" family, you can then make them selectable when in the "recieving" family, and place the gift. There's even an "open" animation (toy chest animations for kids and toddlers). It's also nice if you want your sims to give surprise gifts

http://www.paladins-place.org/main.htm (TS2 -> objects -> openable gifts)
Theorist
#4 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 2:12 PM
To give a money gift, there is a checkbook at the same link posted by simmer22. You would write the check out at home, as it has to be a sim on a different lot, put the check in inventory then give it as a gift, if there is an option on menu to not send it. If you use the send to option, it goes directly to that sim even if they're in the family bin. There are several other sites that have a check system but I don't know where those ones are. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 9:25 PM
Or Christioanlov's wallet token controller, that allows sending money. For some reason Sim wardrobes check book never worked in my game.

I also have those openable gifts, they are fun but pretty often sims would get the same gift over and over again. I had one sim on her birthday receive a bonsai plant four times.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I simply make them selectable and use the give gift option.

This was my last resort option - I was okay with this idea as it'd give me control of who gets what, but I like to be surprised from time to time and thought I'd look into a mod/hack first.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
if you don't have OFB, there are some gifts over at Paladin's palace (Simwardrobe) that chooses a gift for the appropriate setting (there's one for toddlers, one for adults in 3 price categories with things to the house, and one with OFB toys if you have OFB). If you buy and put them in the inventory of the "giving" family, you can then make them selectable when in the "recieving" family, and place the gift. There's even an "open" animation (toy chest animations for kids and toddlers). It's also nice if you want your sims to give surprise gifts.

I was just on the site Monday geeking out over the auto litter cleaner, pet food dispenser, and bot recharging station! I did see this but apparently didn't give it the second look I thought I did. This seems to be the closest I'll get to what I'm aiming for. :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by Duine
To give a money gift, there is a checkbook at the same link posted by simmer22. You would write the check out at home, as it has to be a sim on a different lot, put the check in inventory then give it as a gift, if there is an option on menu to not send it. If you use the send to option, it goes directly to that sim even if they're in the family bin. There are several other sites that have a check system but I don't know where those ones are. (:

I have the checkbook but have yet to test it out. It didn't occur to me that the check could be given as a gift. I'll try it out.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Or Christioanlov's wallet token controller, that allows sending money. For some reason Sim wardrobes check book never worked in my game.

I also have those openable gifts, they are fun but pretty often sims would get the same gift over and over again. I had one sim on her birthday receive a bonsai plant four times.

I also have a money order thingy in case the checkbook fails me.

Thank you all so much! All that's left is any information on functional TS3 car conversions for TS2.