Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#376 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenette069
It's only 9pm where I'm at

6 pm for me and its costing points. Maybe it was a location thing?

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#377 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:11 AM
Or another case of EA screwing up again. I even used the link from the mail message.

Sims 3 Midnight Island Challenge: http://maekitten.blogspot.com/
Instructor
#378 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:36 AM
No, it was not a location thing. I'm from Germany and I downloaded the set for free. luckily I was fast enough.
Mad Poster
#379 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
6 pm for me and its costing points. Maybe it was a location thing?

I think you may need to change the language to a country on the same time zone as you.
Mad Poster
#380 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:11 PM
Or it was possibly only available until midnight in America.
I got it no problems yesterday by following the link from facebook.
I'm in the UK so I'm roughly 8 hours ahead of America.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#381 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:07 PM
I'm in the US and got it around 10pm EST. I followed the link from the post in this thread.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#382 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 1:50 AM
Test Subject
#383 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Llihnae
Happy St. Patrick's Day
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:48374

Anyone who has downloaded this yet, are either of these objects CASTable?
Theorist
#384 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 11:04 PM
The gnome is definitely CASTable, haven't used the flag yet but I'm assuming it is.
Test Subject
#385 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
The gnome is definitely CASTable, haven't used the flag yet but I'm assuming it is.

The pole and fastener as well as the white background is castable. I was really hoping that the clover was castable/removeable b/c it the flag mesh itself would be a great/versatile decor object but you can still get some neat effects with changing the background.
Test Subject
#386 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:41 AM
Default NEW in Shop Mode, or at least new to me
Don't know how *new* it is because I usually have Shop Mode turned off, but there is a blue clock shaped like a music note "Always Time for Music Clock" for FREE. .
Scholar
#387 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:43 AM
Link to it?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Theorist
#388 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Link to it?

Here it is:

Quote: Originally posted by Llihnae
Happy St. Patrick's Day
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:48374

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#389 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:49 AM
Not that, Lisfyre. "but there is a blue clock shaped like a music note "Always Time for Music Clock" for FREE. ."

On reread I think he meant through the game itself, so nevermind.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#390 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:17 AM
Default No Links, but info on where to find freebies In-game
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Not that, Lisfyre. "but there is a blue clock shaped like a music note "Always Time for Music Clock" for FREE. ."

On reread I think he meant through the game itself, so nevermind.

Yeah, sorry to be unclear. I cannot link to it, I even searched around the store just to be sure, it is only showing in-game with Shop Mode turned on.

That said, in addition to the clock I found two other items in Shop Mode that cost 0 simpoints:

In BuyMode->Decor-> statues -> a pretty outdoor statue of a fairy called "Faire Statue"

In CAS->Female->Adult->Everyday->Shoes-> a set of retro-looking ankle boots called "Pepper's Party Boots"

I really don't know how long these will be there, but I hope this is helpful. I love this thread!
Mad Poster
#391 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:43 AM
They sound like reward items for purchasing Simpoint bundles. I remember the music note clock and I also know that the fairy statue was awarded with a Simpoint bundle purchase a while back.

Sounds like they are giving them out for free now then.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#392 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:41 PM
The free items from in-game look to vary, don't know if it's based on region or what. I got the retro car (dr.pepper promo), the moroccan end table, a bbq grill, a ceiling fan and a plant.
Test Subject
#393 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The free items from in-game look to vary, don't know if it's based on region or what. I got the retro car (dr.pepper promo), the moroccan end table, a bbq grill, a ceiling fan and a plant.

Yeah, I got those same items a few months back, whenever Shop Mode first debuted.
Yesterday was the first time since then that I turned Shop Mode on, and I found the clock,statue and shoes, so I don't know maybe they put new freebies in from time to time?

As for the region thing, I have no idea if that makes a difference in what shows up. For the record I'm on the East Coast, U.S.A. So if you got the same things as me before (the Dr. Pepper Car, etc), you probably can get these new items if you wanted...
Lab Assistant
#394 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:09 PM
I just registered for the sims store and I saw a link that said by registering I get some free simpoints, with a link like "Click here to get your free simpoints". Unfortunately I'm a dumbass and accidentally closed the tab. Is there any way to get back to that page?
Field Researcher
#395 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by backpedal
I just registered for the sims store and I saw a link that said by registering I get some free simpoints, with a link like "Click here to get your free simpoints". Unfortunately I'm a dumbass and accidentally closed the tab. Is there any way to get back to that page?

I did something similar to that, I just figured out yesterday that you can go to your page and around your icon it should say "Redeem your free simpoints".
The other one
#396 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 3:04 AM
Only free today!!

Jaguwar brought our attention to this (Copied this from facebook):

The Sims 3
Yahooooo! The official The Sims 3 Twitter page won a coveted Shorty Award tonight for outstanding achievement in social media. http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=Me7UZ8Id078 As a special thank you, we are giving the Bucaneer’s Bounty Set from The Sims 3 Store available as a free download for the next 24 hours! http://ow.ly/9TqB0 Thank you to everyone who voted and keep sharing!!! http://ow.ly/i/wYQd

Buccaneer Bounty Set

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
The other one
#397 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 5:36 AM
Also, just accidentally wandered across this, not sure if it's part of a set: Starburst Clock

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Scholar
#398 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 7:09 AM
Thank you missroxor
Mad Poster
#399 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 12:41 PM
The Starburst Clock comes from the Mid-Century Fantasy set.
Thanks so much for posting this stuff here.

Lab Assistant
#400 Old 14th May 2012 at 1:38 PM
They've updated the Prius & Renault Twizzy again.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/456640.page

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Page 16 of 25