Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:41 PM
Default Creating a bass guitar
Hey.

So, I don't really know... well, anything about modding, so excuse the ignorance.

Would it be possible to take the electric guitar that came with the first Stuff Pack (or one of the other models created from it from this site) and make it give Bass skill points instead of Guitar, as well as change the sounds from practicing, jamming, etc to the Bass ones, basically creating a Bass guitar?

If so, point me to some tutorials, and I'll start working on it :D
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 10:17 PM
Hi, There is no one tutorial that will tell you how to turn a lead guitar into a base guitar.. You will have to read through all the various tutorials and modding discussions to see what needs to be done. You are changing the mesh along with the pie menus and the called music.
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 11:58 PM
Hi Sherban In reading your post I can't be sure you're actually wanting to change the mesh...it sounds more like you want to mod the skill points and the music it plays.

Both of those discussions are gonna best be had in the Modding forum rather than this one. I took a quick look there and found this thread about music issues:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=401411

There were newer ones but they didn't seem as directly on-topic as this one.

The skill points mod is probably the easier of the two. If there's no thread already in modding directly on that topic starting your own there would probably net you more informative responses than the ones you're likely to get here since the people who work with code tend to go there and not here.

If I'm mistaken and you want to change the mesh as well EllaCharm's meshing tutorial in the tutorial section here is the best one to try first IMO.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 11:23 PM
I know i already replied this in another post but maybe I get lucky here . I managed to edit a guitar so that the sims play it as a bass, now I only need to edit the animation but I dont know where to find the animation file... anyone knows where to find the animation or the actual base? XD i cant even find a downloadable bass to edit -,- no bass love.
Alchemist
#5 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aessir
I know i already replied this in another post but maybe I get lucky here . I managed to edit a guitar so that the sims play it as a bass, now I only need to edit the animation but I dont know where to find the animation file... anyone knows where to find the animation or the actual base? XD i cant even find a downloadable bass to edit -,- no bass love.
Animation files are CLIPs and they're located in EA/_____/GameData/Shared/Packages or DeltaPackages where the blank is the name of the expansion that has the CLIP you're looking for. Use S3PE to browse and look unless someone has more specific directions. Not sure what you mean by can't find a downloadable bass to edit.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 3:42 PM
OK, thanks. I took a quick look this morning and since I'm no expert, I couldn't find anything I could do. I will keep trying see if I manage to finally get rid of the damned celo. XD Cheers.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 5:58 PM
You might not need to change the animation, you can change the hands positions(IKchains) in the RIG file
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 7:21 PM
I've encountered a couple of problems while attempting this:
1. The sound files are located within the FullBuild_p06 package in Late Night. I don't know if you can edit the guitar to play the bass sounds. I'm looking into this.
2. The music played is currently the guitar soundtracks. So, if you link it to the bass skill but it plays guitar music, you'll have the same terrible beginner music. If I figure this out, I will post it right away!!! :D

"He who sleeps on the floor will not fall off the bed." -Robert Gronock