Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 25
Test Subject
#226 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 2:53 AM
Where do I save the file? Does it matter or so I just save it in the game files somewhere. And do i only save the Package file?
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:26 AM
Is this mod is compatible with patch 1.29?
Test Subject
#228 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TetraCycline
Is this mod is compatible with patch 1.29?

Pretty much this. Is this mod compatible with patch 1.29?

I'm removing for now until I know for sure.
Inventor
Original Poster
#229 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:30 PM
@silverandcold65: I don't think this should conflict with Master Controller.

@GunValkyrie: I could not reproduce this. I created a new couple with teenage daughter and sent her to France and back without problems.

@Ryûchan: I could not reproduce this. I was able to create a new couple and gave both of them a new LTW without problems.

@Velocity87: If you downloaded one of the package files, it needs to go into the Mods folder (or whatever you have set up) like any other package mod. If you downloaded the tool, you should create your custom package file by saving it into your Mods folder (like any other package mod).

@TetraCycline and @rehayler: I've updated both pre-packaged files and the tool for patch 1.29.
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 11:41 AM
hi.. not working.. help!
Inventor
Original Poster
#231 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 3:32 PM
@vivibella: Could you be more specific? What were you trying to do? Using one of the pre-packaged files or the tool to create your own package?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#232 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 10:49 PM
Thank you, oh, thank you. I highly appreciate any and all ways to reduce stupid EA bloatware.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#233 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 4:22 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@vivibella: Could you be more specific? What were you trying to do? Using one of the pre-packaged files or the tool to create your own package?

game gones crazy.. i can't use sim panel(to see age or something..) i can't create new game..
if you want more i can record a video of this problem and send it for you to an email
(PS: Sorry for my bad english.. i'm from Poland )
PS2: I have all expansion packs(without Showtime) and Stuff packs(without Master Suite Stuff)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#235 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 2:56 PM
Omg, thank you for making this mod! Way too many memories for stupid stuff.
Test Subject
#236 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 3:33 PM
Hi! I have patch 1.26, will this be compatible with your Game modder strings zip - download (third)?
Test Subject
#237 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 4:19 PM
Well, I played for a while, everything worked perfectly but then my game crashed!!! with report Game stoped working and need to close or something like that, why?
Test Subject
#238 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 8:23 PM
Impressive work.

I have a suggestion, though: add a "unique-only" option -- so, for example, your sim would remember the FIRST time they have a memory, but subsequent times are blocked.

Kinda thinking in the vein of realism, I'd guess that (e.g.) the first time one gets promoted is memorable, and maybe when one reaches the top of the career, but it's stupid that my sim gets a new memory EVERY TIME they're promoted.
Inventor
Original Poster
#239 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 9:59 PM
@vivibella: The problem with the unusable sim panel happens when you have the wrong package for your patch level (I verified this when using a pre-Pets package in a game with Pets). To which patch is your base game updated? Did you try to use a pre-made package or a package created with the tool?

@nataodzanata: The tool should be compatible with 1.26 as well. I'm not sure I can help with the crash. My game has been running very stable with the no automatic memories package, but I know that the game in general is prone to crashing. Did you get get occasional crashes before you added this mod? Does it crash again when you restart your game? Does it stop crashing when you remove the package?

@Soltis: Thank you for your suggestion. I can imagine that something like this would be useful. IIRC There is no direct "only remember once" flag, but you can set a timeout in which the memory is not triggered again. So it would be possible to set a very high timeout (a good value would have to be tested/calculated). I haven't looked further into this because it would make not just the programming but also the usage of the tool more complicated (if it works at all, since I haven't actually tested the timeout theory). If you're looking for a way to trim down your memories to unique ones, Twallan's MasterController has an option to remove duplicate memories, keeping only the earliest one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#240 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 10:50 PM
Thank you, looks amazing, and nice sims getting married. i have gay sims myself :P
Test Subject
#241 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 7:38 AM
Hi! No, it crashes only while Im using a tool, a removed it and its working ok. I dont know why. I have all but generations(crashes my game) and fast lane stuff. Im using a hold me posses and magic fountain mods and no mossaic.
Lab Assistant
#242 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@vivibella: The problem with the unusable sim panel happens when you have the wrong package for your patch level (I verified this when using a pre-Pets package in a game with Pets). To which patch is your base game updated? Did you try to use a pre-made package or a package created with the tool?

Oh.. i must check this.. thanks !

Edit: thanks.. it works..
Inventor
Original Poster
#243 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 12:51 PM
@nataodzanata: You mean a package created with the tool? That's strange. Did you disable all memories or just a few?
Test Subject
#244 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 1:53 PM
Yes, I disabled almoust all of them, left only few, but to be honest, when my game crashed I removed it instantly, didnt even try to restart
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#245 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 6:54 PM
So very helpful! Good job.
Test Subject
#246 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 7:05 PM
Hi! Now im using only important memory and so far is working good.
Test Subject
#247 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 12:55 AM
hey!
I really like the idea of using this tool, but I am not able to make it work! I downloaded the 3. one and i already unchecked a lot of boxes and saved it. Then I clicked on it make sure everything is like i wanted it to be and then all the boxes were checked again! I am not a genius with computers, so i dont know what i did wrong. Pleeease help me, so that I can play sims again without lagging!
Inventor
Original Poster
#248 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 10:36 AM
@simsgirl86556: Starting the tool again will allow you to create a new package. If you want to check/modify an existing package you previously saved, you will need to load that package first by clicking the "Load" button.
Test Subject
#249 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 2:44 PM
@velocitygrass: thank you! but i got another question: if i got more than one package, which package is the game using? the last I created, or do I have to mark which one is to be used?
Inventor
Original Poster
#250 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 5:36 PM
@simsgirl86556: I don't know in which order the game loads packages if they are in the same folder. You should always only use one package to avoid any confusion. If you want to keep the package around (e.g. because you want to play with more memories in one save game and with less in another), then you should move the file elsewhere (out of your Mods folder). You can then swap them out as needed, always only using one at a time.
Page 10 of 25