Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 3:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Installation
I hate to be so dense but can't help it. I downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, one file 12.7 Gigs, and copied the file to my D drive. Have the D drive set as default, so that is not a problem. Have tried to start game using D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TS Bin\Sims2EP9.exe But when I do this I get a message that the game isn't installed. My question is How do I install it ???
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 3:23 PM
Hi SiverFox30,

If I read correctly, your D drive is your main drive? It sounds like a Registry error to me. Have you tried playing it using Origin application? Also, what your operating system? UC is really funny acting on Windows 10.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 3:35 PM
Default Ultimate Collection
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Hi SiverFox30,

If I read correctly, your D drive is your main drive? It sounds like a Registry error to me. Have you tried playing it using Origin application? Also, what your operating system? UC is really funny acting on Windows 10.

My C drive is solid state and only 125 Gigs, have a Terabyte on D drive so I made D drive my default drive, that is not a problem. I had it running once and my Downloads etc were on D drive and OK. My computer is relatively new and is a Cyberpower PC, Windows 10. The Ultimate Collection was downloaded to a Memory Stick and then transferred to the PC but not installed, question is how do I install it.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
My C drive is solid state and only 125 Gigs, have a Terabyte on D drive so I made D drive my default drive, that is not a problem. I had it running once and my Downloads etc were on D drive and OK. My computer is relatively new and is a Cyberpower PC, Windows 10. The Ultimate Collection was downloaded to a Memory Stick and then transferred to the PC but not installed, question is how do I install it.

Check if the UC is under your Apps & features (Add or Remove Programs), if not, you're right, the game isn't installed. If yes, then it might be a Registry issue.

I'd suggest opening Origin and let it re-download your game. However, before you download, go to Origin's settings and direct your game library to Origin folder on your D:/ drive. This way, the game will be truly installed, instead of being an unused folder on your computer.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 6:16 PM
Default UC Installation
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Check if the UC is under your Apps & features (Add or Remove Programs), if not, you're right, the game isn't installed. If yes, then it might be a Registry issue.

I'd suggest opening Origin and let it re-download your game. However, before you download, go to Origin's settings and direct your game library to Origin folder on your D:/ drive. This way, the game will be truly installed, instead of being an unused folder on your computer.

Was trying to install without using Origin but went ahead and installed thru Origin and so far it is working OK. Gradually adding stuff to downloads folder and making sure I don't have any conflicts. Have another question, want to add movies to TV and I know you put info in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Utimate Collection\ then somewhere\TS Data\Res\User Data\Config\Broadcast.ini My question is 'then somewhere' which is WHAT?