Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 10:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default glitched/unmovable hole in lot?
ugh i am... so sorry for making another thread so soon after my previous one, but seeing as this ~new~ issue has now happened twice in a row on completely separate lots, i want to figure out what's going on. (and google is COMPLETELY unhelpful)

i have a family who makes most of their money from digging for treasure (and selling what they find). i've done this before and never had a real problem.

but then, spontaneously, this hole pops up.

it's an untouchable void, like someone took a hole puncher to the lot. it's the same size as the "dug hole" physical model, but there is nothing there, and from what i learned from the second time this happened, it can happen days after a hole has been filled. cheats can't move it or touch or affect it in any way. i can't build or alter any terrain within a 4 square radius of it (or on top of it). other sims can't get within 4 squares of it, either. the only thing i can do is move the family out and bulldoze the lot. (which isn't fun to repeat)

"just ignoring it" seems a little irresponsible? this is a brand new neighborhood i'm playing in, and this is my new legacy family, and i've learned the hard way from previous experience that ignoring lot glitches just causes bigger problems later on and i've never had a straight up punched-out tear into nothingness before.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 10:25 PM
I've seen that anytime I have moved a hole with moveobjects, but not otherwise. This happens without doing that?

When you say you can do nothing, is this with cheats on?

Have you tried the stuck object remover?

Putting on moveobjects and CFE, then raising, lowering and smoothing the ground?

Placing a sim there with the hand tool and moveobjects on and seeing if they can redig and refill?

Check the batbox for options.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 11:07 PM Last edited by a_tg : 1st May 2019 at 2:34 AM.
yeah that's why it's so concerning. usually i just cover it up with another hole and it fixes itself, but these things are stuck. after the first time it happened i'd just make sure the sim would fill in the hole before leaving it. for the second time, a physical hole hadn't been on that tile for at least 3-5 days.

i tried moveobjects on and placed other objects on top of it, just covers it without fixing anything
placed another hole on it and got a sim to refill it, didn't fix it
sims still can't get within 4 blocks of the area unless i use moveobjects to place a different interactable object on top of it.
tried CFE, doesn't allow me to place foundations, walls, or level the terrain, just gives me a different reason why ("can't level terrain" instead of "can't intersect objects"

there didn't seem to be any applicable options in the batbox except for perhaps "force error" but, tbh, i'd prefer not resorting to that quite yet. i also tried (in a separate backup file), LotAdjuster to manually expand/shrink the lot, (uhh, my line of thinking being it'd be like a "refresh" of the lot) and it had no affect.

...........and i completely forgot the existence of the stuck object remover so i'll give that a go! (oof, coming back to TS2 after long breaks it's easy to forget how many (fantastic, helpful) debug mods there are).

EDIT: stuck object remover worked!
Alchemist
#4 Old 1st May 2019 at 12:20 AM
If the Stuck Object remover doesn't help, maybe Moo's LotAdjuster might be worth a try. You don't have to change the size of the lot, there are options for flattening edges and so on. Something might do the trick.
Alchemist
#5 Old 1st May 2019 at 7:47 PM
some other things to try::
-change the lot's neighborhood position.
-package the lot then install with Clean Installer.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st May 2019 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_tg
EDIT: stuck object remover worked!

BURNINATED!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st May 2019 at 10:58 PM
Yes! That box can blow up just about anything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~