Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 7:35 AM
Had you read this : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97102
your problem is perhaps in the lot orientation. Caution if you use the radiance it dont work the same.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 5:30 PM
Thank you for this tutorial, eedgan.
Test Subject Forevermore
#78 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 9:15 PM
sorry, i dont understand how to do what that tute, is explaining, =S Sorry!! please help, thankyou
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Accd94
sorry, i dont understand how to do what that tute, is explaining, =S Sorry!! please help, thankyou

What is it you are having trouble with? So that one could help you

When you see someone without a smile Give them Yours! Want to impress your Father this Father's Day come check out my new site...http://holladaure.ecrater.com/
Mad Poster
#80 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 10:10 PM
accd : have a look to this video by khakidoo : http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...035654070&hl=en

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject Forevermore
#81 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 7:05 PM
oh my goodness, thankyou soooo much, ill try that right away
Test Subject Forevermore
#82 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 7:21 PM
sorry, it doesn't work, im sorry guys.....i did everything over and over again....place the driveway, and then remove the sidewalk, and then the extension piece should turn, right? well, it doesn't.....=(
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 7:56 PM
Wow...The video explains it far better than words!
Now why didn't I think of that! *sits in corner, dumbfounded*

ACCD94: I;m not sure that you are doing it right?
First remove the sidewalk, then select the driveway extension piece, it should turn automatically. (If the driveway is already in place, deleting the sidewalk will not cause the piece that is already placed to turn.)

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Mad Poster
#84 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:34 PM
In your lot where is the sun ?
just build a wall and..the sun is as the opposite from the shadow (sure ? may be ) then use this link http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97102
compare your result with the pics, if the sun come from the right front corner (when you are IN the lot)...the driveway dont turn !

4-0-1
3 - 2

0 is the mail box. rotation : sun come from 1 no change, from 2=> + 90°, 3=> +180°, 4=>-90°

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject Forevermore
#85 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:36 PM
he puts down the driveway piece, then he puts down 2 extensions, and then he deletes the sidewalk, and then he selects the new extension, and it turned, ive done it a million times, *sobs* but it just wont work
Test Subject Forevermore
#86 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:46 PM
the sun is coming from the left side of the lot, like your facing you lot, like the mailbox, and the sun comes fromt the left of the mailbox....does that help you at all??
Test Subject Forevermore
#87 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:55 PM
so the sun comes from like, 4, right? sorry, just realize what you meant by the rotation thing, sorry, hehehehe, =)
Mad Poster
#88 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:57 PM
you are just in the #1 case : dont move !
create a NEW lot in a perpendicular road and retry to see the tip working

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject Forevermore
#89 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:05 PM
so make it easy words, lol, im dumb, straight lot, what do you mean tip?
cause i have my game running now
Mad Poster
#90 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:13 PM
not very easy I am not english spoken lol
Just to see the rotation of the driveway, retry the tut in a perpendicular street from the one of your actual test lot
|
|<-actual
|
_____
^
|
new

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject Forevermore
#91 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:15 PM
okay, thankyou! let me try, what am i looking for when i get the lot?
Test Subject Forevermore
#92 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:20 PM
the sun is still the same.....the left of the mailbox.....4, just like the last time, i think i did it right
Test Subject Forevermore
#93 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 1:21 AM
is anyone going to help me, lol, i haven't gotten it yet, and im very irritated.....but the last post wasn't correct that was something different.....boohoo
Forum Resident
#94 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 5:18 AM
I'd recommend trying it with 4 entirely different empty lots from the bin....

all facing different directions...

It's not that you're doing anything wrong...it's most likely your lot is facing the wrong way... or that you inadvertantly saved at some point and now the "direction" of the lot is locked in...

Enter lot.... delete opposite side sidewalk grab garage door.... check the way it's facing... if not right direction... exit lot - go get an entirely new empty lot place it facing a different direction... repeat until you have garage door facing correct direction....

Subtle In Spades
Test Subject Forevermore
#95 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:44 PM
it worked!!!! thankyou sooooo much, i got it, YAY!!!!
Instructor
#96 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 11:54 PM
This mighte be a little off subject but since this thread is about sideways garages...it was mentioned once about having two sideways garages facing each other, such as this home. I have tested all possible ways such as, packaging the lot to the lot's and houses bin and packaging the lot to a file to then installing it. Both ways were fails. So the easiest way to have twin sideways garages would be for someone to create a backwards foward facing garage door since it doesn't matter as much if the car is facing in or out.

So if anyone wants to go ahead and make a backwards garage door that'd be awesome!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Test Subject
#97 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 3:03 PM
Hello
i'm sorry but i can't remove the sidewalk only the one infront my mailbox so how do i make the extension piece turn?
Mad Poster
#98 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 3:38 PM
In fact it is, when you see the lot [b]from[|/b] the street, the right end tile of sidewalk facing the lot, must use moveobjects on.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#99 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 4:53 PM
i did it
i have a sideway garage
so i want to thank you for this tutorial

-x- from the netherlands
Test Subject
#100 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 4:30 PM
The tutorial here worked out great for me, thank you all so much.

Quote: Originally posted by General Oohoh
This mighte be a little off subject but since this thread is about sideways garages...it was mentioned once about having two sideways garages facing each other, such as this home. I have tested all possible ways such as, packaging the lot to the lot's and houses bin and packaging the lot to a file to then installing it. Both ways were fails. So the easiest way to have twin sideways garages would be for someone to create a backwards foward facing garage door since it doesn't matter as much if the car is facing in or out.

So if anyone wants to go ahead and make a backwards garage door that'd be awesome!

That would be stellar. It would also help with my occasional mental lapses where I forget to put the garage door in until after I've continued building and realize the darn thing is facing the wrong way.
Page 4 of 8