Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#2801 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I tried that unfortunately. It still pans to the second floor.

You should be able to use the Q & E buttons in Tab/Camera mode to pan to the height you want.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2802 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:05 PM
Can I ask a few questions here, if so these are what I want to ask.

Is there any good place I can talk about my favorite family?
Is there any way to take a picture of a whole family without them going off on their own and actually facing the camera and all be in the picture?
What happens if you use Story Progression? Because I have Sim I want to move out of his parents' home and I don't want anything bad happening to his parents or siblings.
Also what is "snubbing"? Something like that appeared in the interactions between my teen Sim and another Sim.
Field Researcher
#2803 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:11 PM
2nd question, you can download a posebox from here

3rd Question Do you mean a mod or normal? If normal there is a description when you roll over it in game (Higher it is the more your Sims will do on their own like get married move out, etc. )

My Simblr: Here
Test Subject
#2804 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 11:00 PM Last edited by VampireCrowley : 21st Feb 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Ok thanks. I'll try to see how well the pose mod works. EDIT: But can I use the mod to have a family pose all together instead of individually?

Yeah I meant normal. Ok so if I inable it, they won't have any more kids or die or anything else I don't want happening? But will other sims in the town still go to buildings so the Sim I want to move can still meet another?
Lab Assistant
#2805 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 3:40 AM
Story progression and autonomy are two different things. Story progression is the way that EA simulates the town so that things actually happen to inactive sims. The problem is, EA's story progression is completely random, and pretty much sucks. If you want inactive sims to still have babies and whatever, but one family to be unaffected, you can use the God's Chosen People feature in AwesomeMod, which will flag a family so that they will not be candidates for story actions. They'll still age, though, unless you use the TS2-style aging feature also found in AwesomeMod. Or you can turn story progression off entirely, but your town will eventually die off if you do this. As for your second question, that's related to autonomy. Sims will still visit community lots without story progression on.
Test Subject
#2806 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 5:04 AM
Oh. That would be nice. Where is AwesomeMod then?
Instructor
#2807 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 5:54 AM
VampireCrowley, for your first question, there are lots of communities full of simmers wanting to share what goes on their games I'm a member of like every sims-related group on livejournal.com, and there are tons of us just blogging about our games and posting legacies/stories. I know there are lots and lots of other communities out there in the vast expanse of the internetz as well. Its just a matter of finding one (or several) that you're most comfortable in If you're already on a blogging/networking site, you might start with a search there. Of course there are also many other forum sites like MTS!
Have you tried a Google search for "Sims 3 player communities" or "Sims 3 Forums" or something like that?

Also, about the "snubbing", the dictionary definition is "to treat with disdain or contempt, especially by ignoring." As far as I can tell, its when your sim just decides to ignore someone. I think it only shows up for teens, right? It makes sense that it'd be related to the whole rebellious/mood swings type theme in Gens.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#2808 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:48 AM
Do NOT use the snubbing option, it causes a stupid chain reaction (other friends teens will all end up snubbing your teen, It's just a matter of time!) and your teen will end up all alone with zero friends. x.X
The feature is pretty broken, you're supposed to be able to snub someone then be able to apologize/stop snubbing but the apologize never work. You have to select/play the other teen to actually "unsnub" your first teen, which is a pain if the snub chain reaction already happened and a dozen teens are all already snubbing your teen!

Other teen will never autonomously snub your teen if you never do it. When you do it and they snub you you'll have a notification of it, like "so and so started snubbing your teen". The chain reaction is caused by the friends of the sim you are snubbing that will autonomously snub you, one every couple of hours.
All snubbing automatically stops when all the involved teens become YA, however the relationships will be extremely low, down to almost enemies.*facepalm*

In fact the only usefulness of it is for evil sims who love making enemies. What is baffling though is that ALL the teens will have wants to snub so and so - whatever their traits are - which is totally stupid. Not everyone is a biatch.
Theorist
#2809 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:42 AM
A stupid question, but I'm wondering if .sims3pack files can install properly if I extract them to .package files instead of installing them through the launcher. I really hate the loading time they need to install the stuffs...
Mad Poster
#2810 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 6:11 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:18 PM.
I usually depends on what is in the .sims3pack.
And as a side note, the more package files you have, the longer it takes for the game to load.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#2811 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:10 PM
Oh thanks. I have tried searching for some forums but couldn't really find an active one.
And thanks for the info about snubbing, I actually click start snubbing so that might be why the other didn't want anything to do with my teen anymore. But he is a young adult now so it doesnt matter anymore.
Theorist
#2812 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I usually depends on what is in the .sims3pack.
And as a side note, the more package files you have, the longer it takes for the game to load.

So if I install them as .sims3pack it won't slow down the game's loading?
Top Secret Researcher
#2813 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:03 PM
Packages have to be "merged" to not slow the game.

You can combine the packages yourself using s3pe:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...e_Package_Files
(It's not hard, really!)

or use this nifty tool that will merge them:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888
Instructor
#2814 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:30 PM
Does anybody here use Any Game Starter? I have a question:
Sorry if this was asked before. I always install my games in dutch and all my back-up saves are from the dutch installs. I'll be installing TS3 on my lappy and I'd like to d o so in English this time.

Will my old dutch back-up saves work if I use AGS? And how would I go about having them work? Should I change the language to dutch first and them move my save files?

I guess the easiest way would be to install the games in dutch and just use AGS to translate everything to English but I much prefer to have them installed in English and translate to dutch if needed.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Instructor
#2815 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 10:32 PM
Do Imaginary Friends grow up with your sim through every life stage, or do they eventually get too old/"expire"? ;P Also, what happens when your sim dies? Does the IF die too?

This is, of course, for IFs who are still in doll form and haven't been made "real".

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Lab Assistant
#2816 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireCrowley
Oh. That would be nice. Where is AwesomeMod then?

AwesomeMod is found here.
Eminence Grise
#2817 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Packages have to be "merged" to not slow the game.

This is true and it is good advice, but note that you aren't going to see slowdown issues until you get a couple of hundred package files. So whether you need to merge for performance reasons depends on how much CC you have. (The slowdown is related to the number of file handles provided by the operating system.)

Sims3Packs are automatically merged by the installer, which is why they don't run into this issue.

I have to say though that I like Granthes's CC Magic regardless of the performance issue, since it has a lot of mod management functions that make keeping track of what you've got much easier. It will also handle sims3packs as well as packages without your having to manually convert anything.
Lab Assistant
#2818 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:26 PM
With the punishment system added by generations, who is and is not able to punish teens and kids? The wiki seems to indicate its parents, but I think I've heard of adult siblings doing it. Is it any young adult or older in the active household?
Alchemist
#2819 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amp_RNA
With the punishment system added by generations, who is and is not able to punish teens and kids? The wiki seems to indicate its parents, but I think I've heard of adult siblings doing it. Is it any young adult or older in the active household?

Doing a scene for a story, I moved an unrelated YA Sim into a house where there happened to be a teen who was doing poorly in school. I left the unrelated YA alone for a second and he immediately started scolding the teen who he'd never even met before for her bad grades. So, yeah, any YA or older in the house can punish the kids.
Instructor
#2820 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Does anybody here use Any Game Starter? I have a question:
Sorry if this was asked before. I always install my games in dutch and all my back-up saves are from the dutch installs. I'll be installing TS3 on my lappy and I'd like to d o so in English this time.

Will my old dutch back-up saves work if I use AGS? And how would I go about having them work? Should I change the language to dutch first and them move my save files?

I guess the easiest way would be to install the games in dutch and just use AGS to translate everything to English but I much prefer to have them installed in English and translate to dutch if needed.

So nobody in the entire community has an answer for my question?

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Lab Assistant
#2821 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:36 PM
Thank you! I've got a kid being raised by his aunt and uncle, and I wasn't sure if they were going to just let him run amock
Theorist
#2822 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 7:53 AM
Probably my dumbest question yet, but is there a way to remove goatees from Unicorns?
Rubric Wrangler
#2823 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Probably my dumbest question yet, but is there a way to remove goatees from Unicorns?

Edit their saddle, then on the coat tab there's a "unicorn" options page. You can opt out of the goatee from there.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#2824 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 3:15 PM
That's also where you change the color of it or the horn.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Lab Assistant
#2825 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:52 PM
I have a singer who wants to make an album...and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it! Does anyone know?

*hangs head in shame* lol

"Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart." - William Butler Yeats
Page 113 of 385