Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:53 PM Last edited by rkalanu : 1st Jun 2010 at 12:31 AM.
More stuff out of the xml's:

-You can find laptops, rubberduckies, bubble bath, guitars, candles, birthday cakes, death flower seeds, money tree seeds, omni plant seeds, gnomes, picnic baskets, wall axes, and a 'floor fish idol' while time traveling.
-Sims can destroy themselves?!
-Evil and mean sims can fry bugs.
-The trampoline allows failures, tricks, and different kinds of dismounts, including an 'awesome' dismount, and onlookers can react in a variety of ways to these. Athletic skill can be gained from the trampoline, and clumsy sims ought to stay off it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:55 PM
Man, a Frankenstein would've been pretty cool . Oh well, I guess. The Simbots are cool too

Not really on topic, but when I saw the picture of the female Simbot earlier, I thought she looked a teensy bit like the robot Maria from Metropolis (1927) who in the movie was built by an inventor named Rotwang. It would be cool if that was the inspiration for the inventor skill.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#53 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:57 PM
LOL -- I was a lil concerned when I linked the file here that we'd get a lot of folks new to XML browsing, and this would turn into a general "OMG what's in the XML" thread, and go completely OT

Let's limit ourselves here to talking about EP2, kk? Feel free to post about basegame and EP1 features in their respective forums There's a tag near the top of each file that tells you want game it's about ("CodeVersion").
Retired
retired moderator
#54 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:59 PM
So much fun digging through these.

It looks like Sim Bots mourn broken electronics, although I could be wrong on that

The 'bribe sim for information' interaction is, unlike a lot of the other career interactions, unlocked for teens?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#55 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Hopefully we'll see a piano soon. :/

This is sitting within an XML calculating the price for large cut gems:
"Skill level needed to cut a Sculptor's Egg"

Also, it looks like objects that your detonate on a community lot will respawn themselves (or try to).

I also hope we get a piano soon.

Shimrod at tsc exchange actually pulled the play piano animations from the game (link below). I've seen TS3 deco pianos. Custom music files can be downloaded into game. If only there was some way to put them all together. Aargghh, so close yet so far.

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...msg9500#msg9500
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:02 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 1st Jun 2010 at 12:19 AM.
All the career interactions I've looked at so far are unlocked for teens. Presumably teens still can't do em if they can't take the career, though.

Handiness upgrades for new stuff (somebody was asking about this earlier):

FireAlarm: FireAlarm
Inkinization: TattooChair
Unbreakable: TattooChair
LookGoodMirrors: StylingStation
PolymerInjection: WashingMachine
Unbreakable: Washing Machine

Looks like "hangout" is the internal name (at least) for the local bar, and it's a new venue type (with its own map tag) That's pretty cool, I'd definitely like to use that on some lots in existing hoods.

It attracts sims that have the Charisma skill and that have the traits Party Animal, Excitable, Childish, and it repels Loners.

The Junkyard attracts sims with the skills Inventing, handiness, logic, mooch, collecting.

The Laundromat attracts neat sims, and repels slobs.

Oh, neat, among the objects that can spawn in the Junkyard is the WA Fortune Cookie Maker :D
Mad Poster
#57 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:25 AM
Fortune cookie thing seems appropriate, I don't know why people wouls use it. It was useless. As far as i know, it didn't give any funny fortunes, you had to make them.
Scholar
#58 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:26 AM
Hmmm...

The kids can get into a fight with bullies at the bake sale table, the money from the bake sale table can be stolen, Elders will lecture those who steal from the bake sale table

Consignement store has 25 objects for sale at any given time (a maximum?), skill, value, consign frequency, and age all influence the probability of sale.

Sims can ask for a diagnosis (unless they're pregnant).

I think I'll stop now. It's all interesting but I think I'd rather wait until I'm actually playing the game.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#59 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:31 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 1st Jun 2010 at 12:47 AM.
The Music Box builds PegBox skill. Odd You'd think it would be Xylophone! And it's attractive to Childish and Genius sims.

You can Ask To Join with the Trampoline, but not for the Kubb game (which is internally called GnubbField).

Trampoline and Gnubb both have hidden skills.

Types of spirits:

Kind
Friendly
Frightened
Lost
Jealous
Wrathful
Evil

Aaaand I should stop doing this too

Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
It sounds a lot like the 'diseases' in the medical career are mainly the vomiting animation, from the gamedata. Stink.

I wouldn't assume this just on the basis of the XML. This is only the tip of the iceberg with respect to the game code. There could be all kinds of fancy scripting related to disease.

Or not
Retired
retired moderator
#60 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:48 AM
Quote:
I wouldn't assume this just on the basis of the XML. This is only the tip of the iceberg with respect to the game code. There could be all kinds of fancy scripting related to disease.

I live in eternal hope.

Inventors can gain a 'Diabolical Detonator' skill perk by detonating 150 objects. This, and the lucky trait, both reduce the chances of getting caught and fined for asploding community objects.

Mad Poster
#61 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:55 AM
-If the hygenator fails, it causes nausia :p
-You can tune a motorcycle
-Music Box Types:
...Antiques (Gnome, Mummy, Ninja, maybe Mummy and Ninja are available with WA)
...Girly (Ballarina, Bunny, Unicorn)
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
If the hygenator fails, it causes nausia :p

Now that makes sense...
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 1:26 AM
Hmm, I thought that painting skill would help stylists, but apparently they use a hidden "styling" skill. Skills for each career:

FF: Athletic, Handiness
PI: Logic
GH: Logic
ID: Painting
St: Styling

The "ActiveCareers" file contains all the info about the job that you'd see on the career tab -- hours, days, rewards, compensation etc. But that's mostly been posted already from the strat guide

More interesting though is a list of inappropriate actions. Apparently you're not supposed to slack off when you're on the clock! You'll be scolded if you sleep, eat, shower, or bathe, go swimming, play a game, watch TV, cook, work out, perform guitar, go fishing or paint. Possible though that some of those only apply to certain careers.

There's a base Demographics file, which specifies the likeliness (I guess) of story progression events like Move In Household... and separate files for China, France, Egypt, and now, Twinbrook :O That suggests that you can modify how story progression works on a world-by-world basis. Interesting for world designers if somebody can figure out how to do this for custom worlds.
Retired
retired moderator
#64 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 1:33 AM
"Alexurt" on facebook posted these as all the hidden skills, but I think she lifted it from the Prima Guide:

Quote:
1) Tattooing --more tats you give...you get better at it...and gt mor money

2) Consignment -- the more you visit, the better your reputation and more simoleons for items sold
3) Styling -- more makeovers you do... the better you become at it

4) Trampoline -- the more you use it the better your chances are of becoming a higher jumper...and begin to do acrobatic moves.

5) Gnubb play set -- Better chance of victory the more you play

Mad Poster
#65 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 1:39 AM
OMG! Traits play a role in tattoos. For exapmle, if your disiplined or brave, you have a 0.1x chance of getting scared, whereas a technophobe will be 100.0x scared. Dardevils fear nothing. The chance of getting scared is .3, so he game lultiplys accoredingly, So a daredevil will be at 0.

The other side of this is an easily impressed sim will like the tattoo, and sim who hates art will be unmoved by the tattoo, Snobs will yawn, A hot-head might slap the tattoo artist, Artsy sims will cry (im guessing fom joy). A coward has a slight chance of fainitng.

Its seems like cowards dread getting tattoos:p
Instructor
#66 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 3:34 AM
Just wondering,
can simbots and sims have kids?

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#67 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by x-tashi-x
Just wondering,
can simbots and sims have kids?

From what I've read, no. Which makes sense. No bodily fluids
Inventor
#68 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 3:47 AM
Ghosts having babies with other ghosts or with living sims, doesn't make much sense to me. But it happens in the game.
Instructor
#69 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 3:47 AM
What about assimilation? RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I know for a fact EA isn't awesome enough to include that.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 3:48 AM
KUBB!!! YES!!! I luv kubb! i play it at camp. it is my favorite game!!!!!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#71 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FridaKahlo
Well, that's stupid on EA's part . I still don't really believe it, because I won't believe it until the game is actually released to everyone, (and I still have hope, damn it ), but if this is indeed the case, and EA's coders actually called a Simbot a "Frankensim"...

Disappointing, to say the least.

I have to ask, though, can anyone give me any info on the "Make 3 Monsters" LTW? What are the specifics?

Maybe it was an inside joke or something during development. Someone probably mentioned that the early renderings looked like Frankenstein's monster.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:40 PM
Sims throw up yes. Gave my made sim one of the statues and after looking at it, threw up on the lawn. Then went inside and drank some juice. Weird. Think some of the statues have other interactions?
Page 3 of 3