Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 10:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default Fairy Wings not appearing and I am not using a Mosaic mod
Ok, so I have Sims 3 Supernatural and I tried to make a fairy but it had no wings. I read the forums and I deleted my mosaic mod and cleared cache. I still have no wings. Does anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Fairy wings no appearing in CAS or game play.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 11:36 PM
Did you use an out-of-date Treeag SimTransformer picture to transform them first? I made that mistake, and they had no wings--even after testingcheatsenabled true and "Edit in CAS."

I fixed mine by getting the updated SimTranformer, deleting the old one from my house, "Curing the Fairy", and then transforming them back with the new one. After that, you can take them to CAS and edit their wings, if you don't like the ones they have (should show by then).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 12:27 AM
Unfortunately no. I have never used "Treeag SimTransformer."

I have several mods by Twallan and several paintings. I also have CC of clothing and such but that is all.

When I go to new game and try to create a fairy in CAS, they don't have wings. When I go to game with this fairy it has no wings (I do not know if they have powers or not). I have been playing Moonlight Falls and have never encountered a fairy....

Vampire and witch work. I have tried genie and ghost. I also think werewolf works as well.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 8:41 AM
Two ideas...

1. Go to the "Options" and go to the "Population control" tab (2nd from the right). Make sure that Story Progression is on and that Fairies are enabled...AND...

2. Get at least one of your Sims into Alchemy, and keep going until you can make the potion to transform your Sim into a Fairy. Also check the Elixir Shop regularly in case the desired potion is offered for sale.

*Besides Wings, a Fairy should have a pink magic meter under their portrait when you select them (they do have powers).

**I've never used Twallan's mods, so I'm not sure if they are causing the problem. There are a number of issues with Supernatural still that have nothing to do with mods. (Inability to chain harvest plants in worlds other than Moonlight Falls, Professions (jobs) not working correctly--Ghost Hunter and Fire Fighter, and some are having problems with creating other Supernaturals or getting them to use their abilities).
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 1:59 PM
If you have any custom skins (especially default replacement ones), they might well be the problem many of them don't work with SuperNatural, sometimes they come with d/l'ed sims, so you don't have to added them your self.
It is easy to check if you have any, look on skin chooser under basic for sims in CAS, they should have a little folder icon on them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:13 AM
- I checked Story Progression and I have the Fairies enabled.
- The fairies I created do have the Pink magic thingy under their portrait
- I do not have any downloaded skins in CAS

The fairy family I made still doesn't have wings.

Any other ideas?
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 6:21 AM
I DO know that the latest Treeag Simtransformer works for turning Sims into Supernaturals, but to be safe, use the cheats and set yours to "Human" first in CAS. Put the SimTransformer package in your Mods Folder (C: User/xxx/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages) for Windows 7. Go to the "Paintings" icon in Buy mode, and place the Occult Painting, then select your Sim and click on the painting to transform them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 4:04 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

If you run through the game problem guide, that will tell us at once whether the problem is with CC or not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 11:29 PM
I removed all my mods and I still don't have wings on my fairies... Any other ideas?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 12:20 AM
What about with clean user files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 12:53 AM
I deleted all cache files. I tried sim fairies I had made previously and also tried to make some. Both didn't have wings.

I am going to try to rename the user files next and try that way but I kinda tried that already but without the mods might do something.

I do have some CC clothing and accessories. Would that effect the wings? I am having issues with male and female sim fairies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 1:24 AM
I renamed the user files without mods and there were no wings.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 8:32 PM
Is there anyone else having this issue? I would really like to know.
Instructor
#14 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 8:04 PM
Did you try creating a "new" game? Rename the Sims 3 folder in Electronic Arts something like "Sims 3a" or "Sims 3_1" (or "Sims 3 blarghhh, whatever), the game will generate a new Sims 3 folder when launching which should be sparkling new and clean.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 1:46 AM
Yes and it didn't work. I am still trying to figure this out by deleting and seeing if it does anything.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 11:43 AM
Hi Lautrec,

I have the (presumably) same problem. No fairy wings, no little radiant fairies on the train set and no sparkles when a fairy does a trick on somebody. I did have mods, I updated them, I delted them, I cleared the cache, I created a new game, I renamed the folder (as suggested), I did go through the gameplay problem guide, I deinstalled Supernatural and started from scratch without any mods or custom content whatsoever - but nothing has changed and I'm seriously running out of ideas.

Are you able to see sparkles when a fairy does a trick + can you see the little "train fairy"? Or is that just me?

One thing - I bought the game online as a download (from a proper trustworthy online gameshop) - can that have anything to do with the problem?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 11:56 AM
Just a stab in the dark here, but could this by any chance be a graphics card issue? Some low-end cards and integrated graphics chips can't support a glowing effect (I think it's Pixel Shading that is the needed feature, not 100% sure).

I know from having made several glowing items myself, that if someone has a card that can't support the glow effect, my glowing items just look a flat grey rather than emitting a fierce glow as they should.

If you post your graphics card details, maybe someone will be able to advise as to whether this is the case.
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:24 PM
I can ensure you that it wasn't (!) a graphic card problem in my case - I was able to resolve my issue just a minute ago. Turns out I did have a mod that I completely forgotten about one mod (a nude patch) that wasn't installed in the Mods-Folder but in the Game/Bin Folder of the base game. I deinstalled it - now every fairy related glowy and sparkly stuff works just fine!

On another forum Crinrict has also suggested that you should delete the Installer Helper Monkey if you installed something with that. He said to also delete any existing mods folders in Programs aswell as the resource.cfg in programs\electronicarts\thesims3 (only there, not the one in game\bin) and delete the d3dx9_31.dll in game\bin (NOT the one in windows\system32).
Even though I didn't use the Installer Helper Monkey that's how I found out that I still have a mod installed.
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:02 AM
Default issue here, too
Quote: Originally posted by Lautrec
Ok, so I have Sims 3 Supernatural and I tried to make a fairy but it had no wings. I read the forums and I deleted my mosaic mod and cleared cache. I still have no wings. Does anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Fairy wings no appearing in CAS or game play.

I have exactly the same problem, but it worked when i played with no CC. Still, I'd like to know what mod/s caused my fairy wings AND butterflies and fish to disappear, also the auras of the fairies. They all came back to normal (butterflies, fish, wings, auras) when ran with no CC. But I don't want to run the game with no CC. Make sure the problem isn't from some installed stuff (installed with the Launcher). As I read some of the comments here, and I noticed that the CC skins might be the cause, try running the game with CC turned OFF in the Launcher. If that doesn't work, it might be an issue with your game, you might have to reinstall the game (or at leas the SuperNatural EP).