Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:04 PM
Right, looks like the patch is bittersweet to most people. For me, almost everything works fine and I love the patch, but the library, the gym and every computer in the game are acting strange. Sims won't sit down to read, townies can't train at the gym and they can't write novels on the computer whatsoever. They can practice writing though...

Anyone else who has this problem..?

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:07 PM
I'm not having any of those problems either MaidenM. Do you have any mods in your game?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:13 PM
I am about to try running the game with only three mods now (that I've tested already, they work fine. The toddler training mods). I'm hoping that the issue was with two mods concerning the Powerstudy moodlet and the Fit atmosphere moodlet, but I don't quite see how that should affect novel writing.

I'm crossing my fingers now, hopefully I just overlooked those details.

EDIT: That was it. Sorry for complaining before thinking.

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Scholar
#54 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
Yeah, trying without mods might be a good idea. I tired it with a clean install, brand new save file, and no CC other than store stuff.

OK. First I removed all my mods in the Mods folder. Restarted, bug still there. Then I removed my entire My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder. Installed the lot again, restartet, bug still there.

So it can't be my mods. What game version do you have? I have 1.6.6.002002 on Windows 7 64bit.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:28 PM
Thats really odd.

My game version is 1.6.6.002001 on Vista 64bit.
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:31 PM
I'm having some odd problems myself, since DL the patch around 1:30AM last night CST.

I CANNOT get my game to load, with or without mods (and the only mods I had were teen preg, no mosiac, and the boob slider). It remains stuck at the blue loading screen, playing an endless loop of the crappy start up music with no movement of the phrases at the bottom. When I start it, it loads the little green bar all the way full like normal and then just stops. I sat for a good 5 minutes just on this screen when it takes me about 2 minutes to load that screen AND my family. Like I've said, I've tried closing the game and retrying, I took out my mods and other CC (including the stuff from the EA store), I even uninstalled that Installation Monkey that helps load CC into the game. I honestly am at a loss now and am dreading having to reinstall my game completely. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Also, did the TS3.com forums go down for anyone else? I can't get them to load anymore, getting a 502 Proxy Error: " Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /jforum/forums/list.page.

Reason: Error reading from remote server "

Like seriously, what is going on with EA?
Forum Resident
#57 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:34 PM
Yeah, TS3.com forums went down for me too, while I was trying to post explaining to someone that just because it is noon on the east coast that doesn't mean she can download the game when it goes online at noon CST.

As for your problem, have you tried a fresh start, taking out your The Sims 3 folder and letting the game recreate it?
Scholar
#58 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
Thats really odd.

My game version is 1.6.6.002001 on Vista 64bit.

Hmm, i have the same version, except, I have the international version, and you the US version. There shouldn't be major differences, I hope.

Anyway, I reported the problem to the EA customer support, maybe they can say something about it.
Test Subject
#59 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anbaachan
I'm having some odd problems myself, since DL the patch around 1:30AM last night CST.

I CANNOT get my game to load, with or without mods..... It remains stuck at the blue loading screen, playing an endless loop of the crappy start up music with no movement of the phrases at the bottom. When I start it, it loads the little green bar all the way full like normal and then just stops..... I sat for a good 5 minutes just on this screen when it takes me about 2 minutes to load that screen AND my family......

Exact same problem for me. The only custom content i do have is some clothes and hairstyles. Ive tried running the game both with and without them, it just stops loading halfway into the 'load family' screen....

And then we cant even look on the EA forums, sigh. I got the 'online' bought Sims 3 so if im told to reinstall it (aka download it AGAIN after other patching problems - and then install it) then ill go crazy.
Banned
#60 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:07 PM
If you can't get it to load without mods, delete the "cache" file in mydocuments/electronicarts/the sims 3, and try again. That file might be loading things you no longer have.
Test Subject
#61 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
If you can't get it to load without mods, delete the "cache" file in mydocuments/electronicarts/the sims 3, and try again. That file might be loading things you no longer have.

Edit: Thank you!!

Patch day in all games are always bad :(
Test Subject
#62 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:20 PM Last edited by PrettySiren : 17th Nov 2009 at 6:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anbaachan

I CANNOT get my game to load, with or without mods (and the only mods I had were teen preg, no mosiac, and the boob slider). It remains stuck at the blue loading screen, playing an endless loop of the crappy start up music with no movement of the phrases at the bottom. When I start it, it loads the little green bar all the way full like normal and then just stops. I sat for a good 5 minutes just on this screen when it takes me about 2 minutes to load that screen AND my family. Like I've said, I've tried closing the game and retrying, I took out my mods and other CC (including the stuff from the EA store), I even uninstalled that Installation Monkey that helps load CC into the game. I honestly am at a loss now and am dreading having to reinstall my game completely. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

I'm having the SAME problem. This is entirely ridiculous. And I don't like the shadiness of EA right now. grr To make matters worse, I installed this by accident. I meant to click "no", but I wasn't paying attention and clicked yes and now I can't play with my Sims.

Is there some sort of way to simply uninstall this patch? I'm not as Sim-savvy as the rest of you guys. So, I mean, is there an idiot-proof way to fix this?

EDIT: The problem was something to do with my mods. I kinda suspect Awesomemod might be the culprit.
Banned
#63 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:23 PM
I'll ignore that you said the loading music is crappy to say "Did you have any pregnant teens at the time of installing the patch?" and "Did you try the cache fix I just posted?"
In the Arena
retired moderator
#64 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrettySiren
is there an idiot-proof way to fix this?

put the idiot in a separate room? haha...sorry, can't resist!

kidding aside, the only way to un-patch is to uninstall & reinstall, I'm afraid.
And that too is not a 100%-guaranteed-will-work step as the uninstall needs to be clean - ie all traces of the game to be gone before a reinstall will be successful.
Test Subject
#65 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:07 PM
I've just installed and reinstalled my game. And it still doesn't work!
Does anyone have any answers? Thanks..
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
When you get "invalid file" while patching you need to find the patch log and see which file was invalid, then replace hte one in your install directory with the one from your disc and try again until it stops. It's usually the support files for some reason.

I have a package of all the files just for such an occasion(it didnt work when I copied from the disc, but when I copied to the hard drive and THEN to the directory, it did? So I just saved all of them).

Where is the patch log?
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:37 PM
Aw, come on, after listening to the same music for 10 minutes, it does get old. even in TS2 the music at least changed up at start up.

And which Cache file should I delete? I have 4. o__o;;
CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

That's what I got for "Cache".

Also, no, I did not have any pregnant teens.

So halp?
Banned
#68 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:40 PM
Oh, um. Scriptcache. Leave the rest.

As for the patch log, I can never get one to show up, but if you search for it, it should show up, probably in "Application Data". When the patch stops, does it leave the load bar or immediately go to the installer and the error? If it leaves the bar, note what file it stopped on- that's the one that needs replacing.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#69 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:42 PM
Read the patch sticky for patching Dos and Don'ts.
It hasn't been updated yet for 1.5/1.6 but the only thing that's missing from there are the exe files if you're not patching via Launcher, and that info has been posted in page#1 post#20 of this thread
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:41 PM
Thanks, Claeric. I'll give it a try and let you know.
Banned
#71 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:43 PM
ScriptCache, as far as I know, is a pretty nice little file that saves lots of information for loading, meaning your load time gets shortened a bit. But it will also remember stuff from mods you no longer have, and can causer problems. ANY time you get an error on the load screen, try and delete scriptcache first. THe game makse a new one itself, so don't worry about it. It won't harm anything.
Test Subject
#72 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jo_humphreys
I've just installed and reinstalled my game. And it still doesn't work!
Does anyone have any answers? Thanks..

Hmmmm....i can only recomment a cleaning programm (not only for this kind of issues) that cleans all the little evil traces of games and programms! My favorite is Revo Uninstaller and you get it for free at downloads.com.
- And then of course install it again -

Damn, i am just patching...the fixes sound to good...but now i am afraid!
Test Subject
#73 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:50 PM
Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem. I'm still not getting passed this load screen. I've deleted my entire folded for downloads. I'm really at a loss other than completely reinstalling. Which really sucks. Any other suggestions before i go do that? And if I take time time to do that, is there any way to just update my game with patches up until this one, or am I stuck patchless until they fix this crap?
Banned
#74 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:54 PM
You can ALWAYS avoid patches, don't worry about that. All patches always come in .exe format and all you have to do is search for updates. I believe hte patch FAQ here on MTS links to all of them.

As for the loading...No idea. :\
Test Subject
#75 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:57 PM
Alright. i guess it's bye bye sims then. Unless there's another update by later tonight. But if not, I will be going the uninstall route. Thanks for your help though. *sigh* I'm kinda depressed now. u__u;

Aaaaaand their forums just went down again. Good gracious, EA, get it together!!
Page 3 of 6