Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Uber-Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One (Megahood + Belladonna Cove)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 13th Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM - Updated 29th May 2015 at 2:33 PM by Nysha

383 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 322 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 16
Test Subject
#151 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:15 PM
Thank you very much for this great download. I really love it.
I have only one problem. All the families, who are in the family bin, don't become older when I play them.
Am I the only one with this problem? Is it possible to fix it?
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:01 PM
Been playing this for a few weeks now. Wonderful! The only oddity, which I view as resource, is that the Base Game families start on their scripted day IN season one and the EP families on the last day of season one. I know this has nothing to do with how you assembled the 'hood and I like it. The Simbin families act the same way (ie: the Burbs dropped into Pleasantview start on Mon. the first day of season one, but the Travallers dropped into Riverblossom start on Mon. the last day of season one.) I've checked and double checked and I really have the seasons set up the same way in every sub-hood. This is really kinda cool for for setting up cross-hood teen romances, Alex Goth, Lucy Burb, and the Grunt kid start season two older than the teens in the other sub-hoods, neat!

Thank you for the hard work!

Jeff
Test Subject
#153 Old 11th May 2009 at 1:23 PM
: What happens if I delete all character files...
Test Subject
#154 Old 11th May 2009 at 1:26 PM
Default : What happens if I delete all character files...
while I'm downloading. This is my thought, I think i will try it and i cant seem any harm, id get all the neighborhoods and decorations and houses to play in while i recreate my Sims in uni and graduate them. A whole new world.
Test Subject
#155 Old 17th May 2009 at 12:52 AM
What a great idea! Thanks!

Now, the nutmail.

SimsPhenix asked if you’d make an Uberhood without one of the hoods as shopping districts, you said no. That’s reasonable. But what about just deleting a shopping district that you didn’t want? Not that I want to do this, but if someone did, do you think it would be OK and not screw anything up?

Also, you say that moving Sims from one neighborhood to another is “generally a bad idea”. Well I have done that – by moving the house they occupy in say, Strangetown into the occupied houses bin and then placing it into say, Pleasantview. And I do have some game “issues” – do you think this could be a part of why? Or is this method safe? Or is this whole post too stupid to bother with?

What do you say? Be gentle.
Test Subject
#156 Old 20th May 2009 at 8:45 PM
This is awesome, but I have one question: How many more character files can this neighborhood take before exploding? Because I like my sims to have lots of babies.
Test Subject
#157 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:08 AM
I downloaded this as soon as possible. But when I opened it up in my game, there were no sims or lots or anything (nobody in the sim bin and none of the empty houses). I wasn't sure if I downloaded everything right or if there was a problem.

Other than that, though, its a nice product.
Test Subject
#158 Old 23rd May 2009 at 11:26 PM
i knew there was a fake bella goth in this (the strangetown one) but today i found the "real one", she came as a customer in my sims hair salon. i immediately hired her and got her back together with mortimer goth, i just hope she wont vanish and die

great invention, and i am thinking that the sims 3 one big neighborhood might have come from your idea
Test Subject
#159 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:18 PM
I can't find the .sc4 or .png files, and the uberhood isn't in the 'hoods menu. I really want to use it!
Test Subject
#160 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:01 PM
Hello, I'm using you tutorial for the megahood set by step and I got to the being of part 6 and now my game won't launch can you help me???
Test Subject
#161 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:48 PM
Cool, you say it takes 25 mins to down load I got it in 4 min! I love your work and have for years, keep it up! Liz
Test Subject
#162 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:45 PM
Quote:
You really should work on your reading comprehension, you know.
I couldn't resist, I'm sorry. And btw, I'm three levels higher in reading than everyone else I know (personally). I will download. *goes after big fat rar in download links*
Scholar
#163 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:55 AM
After reading about your megahood on the Forums, I decided to download it for myself and see how my Sims will behave Thank you for creating this.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:04 AM
Sigh. I'm obviously doing something wrong since no one else in this thread is having this problem: I've downloaded the neighborhood, unzipped it without a problem, and copied and pasted it into my neighborhood folder. When I start the game the neighborhood does not show up. I tried to install the older megahood before I got apartment life as well, and had the same problem back then.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel as though I must be missing something obvious.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:26 PM
Thank you so much! I'm going to download this right now.
Test Subject
#166 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:46 AM
*sigh* I guess you don't really look at this anymore do you? Oh well, I was gonna ask if I can delete Belladonna, Desidereta(no idea on the spelling of it) and Riverblossem but i'll just do it anyway. Awesome work though! It must be a b***h to get all this done. Thanks HEAPS! I always wanted something like this!
Scholar
#167 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:54 AM
I've wanted to do something like this myself, but then I was informed that it had already been done! Sure saved me a lot of trouble, since I don't normally play Maxis 'hoods, I love them all being stuffed into one! Thanks for this. :]
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 3:59 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, this is AMAZING. I have been putting off downloading for some time to allow and bugs to be worked out first (and make up my mind if I REALLY wanted this) and have finally took the step and just downloaded it. Thanks a million, I'm off to play it now.
Test Subject
#169 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 1:35 PM
It all works and I really love it!
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:37 PM
This is the absolute best piece of custom content ever created.
Test Subject
#171 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:41 PM
I can't understand - what happening with the hoods towneis, like Bella from Strangetown - they dissapiered?
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 9:06 AM
YOU R A LIFESAVER! i have lost my belladonna cove and now i have it bk YAY! thankyou so much, i have lost all my ppl from belladonna but at least i can start rebuilding thanks!

accept no imitations
music is 4 life
did i forget to mention i make no sense to anyone?
xxx
Test Subject
#173 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 8:27 PM
Love the MegaHood. One year later and the Neighborhood still hasn't gone to hell yet, but it's getting there. Thanks for the Mod.
Test Subject
#174 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 7:09 PM
Just leaving a comment to let you know that your Uber-Megahood (and Megahood) are both broken links. I have tried both the "huge, one file" version, and the strings of twenty or thirty files. None of them work; they point me to an advertising company (expired domain).
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#175 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 10:24 AM
Gnarr. I'm looking into it. Thanks for the heads up.
Page 7 of 16